SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's crewmates who support him?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jalexon

Not too far fetched in my honest opinion. I've floated the same thought. The problem is a reluctance of many to broadly criticize Kerry's crew mates.

But you remember the old saying..."Hang us one and hang us all". Lying to protect one's self and one's shipmates...sure! War crimes trials are no fun and have no statute of limitations.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Over the years, Kerry has remained close to many of his crewmates, helping some cope with life's rough patches; he helped arrange for Del Sandusky, a crewmate who was on FleetCenter stage last Thursday, to receive help for alcohol abuse and depression years ago and kept in touch with Sandusky's doctors for years after.

http://chat.forclark.com/comments/2004/7/31/214242/040/263
U S Army EOD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna,

I did the same for some of the men in my unit that needed help. I also went to great lengths to let them all know that they had been grostly contaminated with Agent Orange.

I wonder how many of Kerry's men joined the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, none of my people did.

CO
8th Ord Det (EOD) ROK 68-69
542 Ord Det (EOD) CONUS 70-71
99th Ord Det (EOD) RVN 72-73
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, they didn't. In fact were surprised about his anti-war activity. My thinking tho is....and I admit this is very skeptical, but I think that was published in an article to make Kerry look like a good guy....SENSITIVE:) I doubt if he did that and if he did, he did it for ulterior motives. See what happens when people lie......they become suspect in everything they do.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Kerry left Nam, he arranged for all his PCF-94 crewmates to be transferred out of the war zone. When Mike Medeiros objected, Kerry begged him to leave. This is a matter of public record - http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061603_p.shtml

During the Silver Star incident, all of Kerry's crewmates were also awarded medals - Tommy Beladeaou and Mike Medeiros got Bronze Stars and Fred Short, Gene Thorsen and Del Sandusky all got Navy Commendation Medals with Combat V Devices. This too is a matter of public record - page 294 - Tour of Duty - picture here - http://www.independentsforkerry.org/uploads/media/kerry-vietnam.html

In 1996, Kerry got his crewmates back together to relive old times. Since that time Del Sandusky has campaigned for Kerry.

In 1999 Kerry sent his staff to "rescue" Sandusky when he was depressed, drinking and suicidal over the loss of a Nam buddy, put him in the hospital and got him the help that he needed. (This is admirable if there were no ulterior motives.) Only Kerry could say if there were. I personally think Kerry always has ulterior motives. That's been his M.O. all his life. (Think super 8 camera and reenactments in a war zone.)

So the crew of the 94 has some powerful incentives to speak positively about Kerry, no matter what they may have thought of him at the time.

There's plenty of reasons to believe they aren't being totally forthright. A study of their many accountings of various incidents under his command reveals a startling disregard for consistency in their story telling.

I don't know of any reasons why the crew of the 44 would be similarly inclined (and of course Gardner is not.) If anyone does, I'd like to see the links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: