SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets just call this "off topic"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Lets just call this "off topic" Reply with quote

Poor little Scottie Peterson got nailed tonight for murder one and murder two. Whats worse? Death or life without? Methinks life without?
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He deserves the death penalty, but that's a joke here in California. It rarely gets carried out and it makes for years of appeals which means lots of tax payer dollars get wasted.

He will probably get life for that reason, plus he can think about his crimes everyday for the rest of his life. Too bad they don't have hard labor anymore
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think we should just go ahead and string him up. I guess I could go for life if they put him in a cell with about twenty **** *******.
Taylor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Methinks life without?

I agree. Death is too much of an easy way out! Reason why so many people commit suicide to begin with...

That guy needs to live!

The only person I would wish death on is Manson, and that is because to him jail is actually home.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: I wonder... Reply with quote

I wonder how lazy prosicuters are going to get now if all they have to produce is; It could of happened this way or maybe he did this or that. No evidence needed anymore. Maybe Scott is guilty but the burden of proof was very week and reasonable doubt was very high. I think if Scott tossed the anchors first then his wife over the side of the boat the outside would be scratched up by cement anchors or if he tossed the body first then the inside would be scratched by the anchors.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Death is too much of an easy way out! Reason why so many people commit suicide to begin with...

Wrong. People commit suicide b/c the torture of emotional pain becomes unbearable. Peterson’s obviously doesn’t experience much emotional pain, so it’d be best to execute him ASAP.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God this tabloid trial is over. The endless hours of reporting all the trivia and minutae every day, over and over, will now have to be replaced with some other topic. Do you think there's a chance we can squeeze in something revelent NOW - like sKerry's record, background, and past?
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

It's strange... I think the guy is a real dirtbag, but I don't think he killed his wife and child. I could be very wrong. It's more of an intuition type thing I guess. I dunno..

I, personally, don't believe in the death penalty... I've told my husband that if I was ever murdered, I wouldn't want the person who did it to die. Life without parole would suffice. Again, that's just me.

Jury duty is another thing that I don't think I will ever do again.. I was the foreman in a one day trial here, and after listening to most everyone complain, "It's getting late, and I have to be 'wherever' in the morning... can we just say he's guilty so we can go home?" One woman even said, "I know he's guilty." So I said, "What proof were you shown in that courtroom, that you can be absolutely sure that man is guilty?" She said, "Well, none, but I know he's guilty!" The man was being charged with delivery of meth. The prosecution dragged on all day about a drug bust that had nothing to do with the case, but the judge allowed it. They couldn't proove 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that this man had anything to do with it. Had I and one other man in that jury room not been there, they would've come back with a guilty verdict because they wanted to go home. I would never opt for a jury trial, if I ever got into that kind of mess.

I know we need it, but our justice system is a little screwy. John Kerry is a perfect example... enough friends in high places and enough $$, and you can get away with just about anything. However, there's enough evidence against Kerry to get a conviction... Anker-Klanker is right.. it's time to get the creep!

I'm done ranting now.. it's early.. I'm trying to quit smoking.. Yeah. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hans Burkhardt
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Klanker, it's way past time for this soap opera to be over. We have troops seriously in harms way and I've got to listen to this crap all day long; drives me nuts. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of terrible things that happen in this country, and the world, every day; why were we force fed this case for two years?
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really care about Scott. He can play hide the soap with Charlie Manson.

I would like to fire all the Gretas that have clogged the national news space with a sorry, sordid little tale that need never have left the local section of a California paper.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no doubt in my mind that he killed his wife and child. If he
did not, why did he need to tell so many lies? Why did the police
find him on his way to Mexico with BLOND hair and thousands of
dollars? People have been convicted of first degree murder without
a body, so I think it is reasonable that someone could be convicted
with so much circumstantial evidence. I think he deserves the death
penalty and should have been convicted of two counts of first degree
murder, but for him to have to think about what he has done for the
rest of his natural life would be much worse for such a self-absorbed,
narcissistic individual.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll have a fate worse than death with death at the end of it. Life in prison. On death row, he'd be isolated from the general prison population who will exact their own form of justice.

I'm just glad it's over maybe we can go back to watching Greta again. Gave that up months ago all she ever talked about was the Peterson trial.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really knowing whether he is guilty or innocent, what disturbs me is that he was brought to trial and tried, in the courts of public opinion, because he is a sleazebag adulterer. The prosecution never was able to even prove she was murdered, just dead. They could not fix the time, place or method of her death. And now, he may face the dealth penalty because of an effective court room drama played out on TV every night for months about his affair with Amber Frey.

His fate has no direct effect on my life, except for a precedent has now been set that someone may be convicted of murdering someone else, when no evidence was shown that a murder was even committed, just that his wife was missing and dead.

Scott Peterson is truly the stupidist person I have ever witnessed on TV, to admit to being near where the bodies washed ashore. So, how did such a stupid person pull this off and leave absolutely no real physical evidence? Dogs picked up her scent on the dock, but not from inside the boat they claimed he threw her out of.

I would have much preferred they take their time and build a solid case of evidence to convict him, if he in fact did it, rather than exploit his adutlerous affair to convict him of murder. Unlike the OJ trial, where physical evidence was in abundance, I feel he was convicted due to the exploitation of his serious character flaw.

That being said, if I had a son-in-law like him that cheated on my daughter like he did Laci, I'd feel inclined to haul him behind the house and introduce him to a good old fashioned US Army blanket party.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not care to comment on if he should have life or death. I do not like the fact that he was guilty before proven innocent. Our justice systems tenent is innocent before proven guilty. I do not know if he killed his wife and unborn son or not. I do not relish in playing God. We here at Swifties chided the MSM for their lack of support for the SVPT, the lies and distortions of Bush by the MSM, and that Kerry was given a free pass by the MSM.

The MSM tried and convited Peterson long before he went to trial. Even Fox who prides itself on being fair and balanced had Lis Weil all over the place with her personal conjectures and her I believe he is guilty.

The burden of proof rested on the prosectution, which did a lousy job. But then they usually do in California. They have a history of poor prosecution in many a case. I think Peterson's lawyer also put up a poor defense and if I were Peterson's parents I wouldn't give him a dime, because he did not earn it.

I think Peterson is a cad, a cheat, and a liar. Does that equal murder? In some cases yes, in some cases no. My intuition tells me this man did not kill his family. I may be very wrong, but my intuition told me not to trust Kerry long before the Swifties came out to confirm what I suspected about him. So because I was right once, I am in no means or way saying I am right now.

I believe in a fair due process. With a jury that had three let go, and then once the later two were replaced, they came back with a conviction within 24 hours, more like 7 hours, I do find that suspect in itself.

It is an attrocity what happened to Laci and Connor. Only God knows the truth. But I think it is a bigger attrocity to try someone in the MSM that we know to be irresponsible, liars, and biased before that person can receive a fair trial.

To me this was not justice, but a lynching. I do believe he should be retried and I believe this time the facts should be presented correctly by both the prosecution and the defence. I also think that the MSM should start being sensored since they do not know and recognize the first thing about responsible journalism and reporting. They are fast loosing that priveledge.

If he really did not do it, and we really do not know, do we want it on our consciences that we spoke out just as irresponsibly as the MSM and the Lis Weil's of this world?

As for myself, I do not.

Last edited by Guest on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
tractorsq
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: live or die? Reply with quote

Years ago I was on a probation period. My probation officer broke into my house and put together a, KIT. She found a ski mask, (who doesn't have a ski mask?) a ceringe, (I had this needle in my tackle box to inject air into a night crawler to use as a live lore) some knives, (kitchen knives) and other things. Her intention was to make me look like an axe murderer - It was scary how far she could have taken it.

My point is that there has been a threat lately of putting inocent people behind bars, there must be good evidence to convict someone especially to put them to death. I know someone that for no good reason lies just for the sake of lieing. Wow, to think he could be convicted of murdering someone because he's a jerk is a possibility I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: