SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARAFAT IS BRAIN DEAD.....[like THAT's news....!!!].......???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JB Stone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: ARAFAT IS BRAIN DEAD.....[like THAT's news....!!!].......??? Reply with quote

[quote]11/4/2004
Arafat is dead, Israeli, German media say
Filed under:

* General

— site admin @ 12:39 pm Email This

Yasser Arafat is reported dead; Palestinian PM contests report

At his press conference just now, President Bush replied to question about Arafat’s passing, saying only, ” God bless his soul. We will continue to work for a free Palestinian state for peace with Israel.”

The Palestinian Prime Minister contested reports that Arafat was clinically dead; see Reuters report at bottom.

From a German newspaper:

Yasser Arafat has died at the age of 75 after failing to be revived from the coma he slipped into on Wednesday at the French military hospital where he was being treated for an undiagnosed blood and digestive disorder.

Yasser Arafat, the 75 year-old Palestinian leader, has died in the intensive care department of the French military hospital where he was being treated for an unknown illness.

The frail head of the Palestinian Authority arrived in Paris last week after losing consciousness briefly at his West Bank headquarters. Arafat was at first said to have been suffering from a severe case of influenza, but was later diagnosed as having blood abnormalities and trouble with digestion.

Palestinian officials then ran tests for leukemia but the cancer was ruled out, and doctors remained uncertain what was causing his illness. Arafat’s condition worsened three days ago and he slipped into a coma on Wednesday.

This from Agence-France Presse:

Veteran Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) died in a hospital in France, Israeli private television and military radio reported.

The 75-year-old had been treated at a military hospital on the outskirts of Paris since being flown out of his West Bank headquarters on Friday.

Doctors in Paris had earlier said that Arafat was in a coma while his top advisor had said that he was in a critical condition.

From Reuters:

Palestinian President Yasser Arafat was declared clinically dead on Thursday in a French hospital, Israeli television said citing French sources.

But Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie denied the report, saying: “I have just spoken to the officials in Paris and they say the situation is still as it was. He is still in the intensive care unit.”

Israel’s Channel Two television cited unnamed sources in Paris saying that Arafat underwent a brain scan and was found to be “no longer alive.”

Palestinian sources earlier told Reuters that the Palestinian president, who was admitted to hospital last week with a mysterious stomach illness, had slipped into a coma.

Quote:
Arafat Reported Clinically Dead; PM Denies
Thu Nov 4, 2004 11:39 AM ET
Printer Friendly | Email Article | Reprints | RSS

Related Articles
FACTBOX-Procedures for Replacing Arafat
FACTBOX-Possible Successors to Arafat
CHRONOLOGY-Arafat Has Led Through Decades of Turmoil

Powered By FeedRoom Systems
Reuters Television
Shaath Gives Statement On Arafat Play

Top News
Bush Says Will Reform Social Security System Now
U.S. Pounds Rebel Iraqi City, Aid Group Quits
MORE

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat was declared clinically dead on Thursday in a French hospital, Israeli television said citing French sources.

But Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie denied the report, saying: "I have just spoken to the officials in Paris and they say the situation is still as it was. He is still in the intensive care unit."

Israel's Channel Two television cited unnamed sources in Paris saying that Arafat underwent a brain scan and was found to be "no longer alive."

Palestinian sources earlier told Reuters that the Palestinian president, who was admitted to hospital last week with a mysterious stomach illness, had slipped into a coma.

http://www.freedominion.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=331890&sid=17c156b6cb93ff7cac00c248179a2b0a#331890
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, someway, this will be blamed on the Jews.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Palestinians will now find a leader that can bring them peace.

I agree they will blame it on Israel to still up the masses.
JB Stone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Palestinian President Yasser Arafat was declared clinically dead on Thursday in a French hospital, Israeli television said citing French sources.

But Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurie denied the report, saying: "I have just spoken to the officials in Paris and they say the situation is still as it was. He is still in the intensive care unit."

Israel's Channel Two television cited unnamed sources in Paris saying that Arafat underwent a brain scan and was found to be "no longer alive."

Blame it on the Jews....I LOVE it.....!!!

Look, Chirac visited him earlier today...coulda been SUICIDE....!!!!

SOMEBODY PULL THE PLUG....!!!

JB Stone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[I like the TP head dress in the second view...!!!]

Wink
JB Stone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Report: Arafat on life support
By UNITED PRESS INTERNATIONAL

Published November 4, 2004

PARIS -- Israeli television reports Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat is clinically dead.

The report quoted French sources and said doctors are debating whether to disconnect him from life support.

Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia denied the report, saying Arafat is still alive and being treated at Percy hospital in France.

Palestinian officials in Ramallah said Arafat's wife, Suha, and the five Palestinian officials accompanying him would make an official statement later.

Nabil Abu Rudeineh, a top aide to Arafat who is by his side, said earlier Thursday for the first time that Arafat's health has critically deteriorated.

Palestinian officials, including former minister of internal security Mohamed Dahlan and Arafat's Bureau chief of Staff Tayeb Abdel Rahim denied the reports.

Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia told an anxious crowd in Ramallah Arafat is not in a coma.

"There is no coma ... no coma," Qureia said.

"The president is under treatment and he is still in the intensive care unit ... There is no deterioration though his condition is critical and he needs full care by his doctors."

A French medical source, however, told UPI earlier Arafat went into a coma Thursday after his health deteriorated alarmingly overnight.

French President Jacques Chirac checked on Arafat at the hospital Thursday afternoon and met with Suha and Palestinian envoy in France Layla Shahid.

Palestinian sources had told UPI Arafat fainted three times while undergoing an endoscopy and was extremely tired from tests conducted on him Wednesday.

Arafat arrived in Paris Saturday after a team of doctors in the West Bank city of Ramallah said they had been unable to determine the cause of his illness.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in one of my previous posts, this is truly the beginning of a new age. Consider the recent chain of events. The demise of Saddam Husein, The Bush victory and now we hear of the death of that terrorist Arafat. Is this not MIRACULOUS? The Messiah walks among us. I am convinced of this just as sure as I live and breath. The hand of God is in all of this to be sure.

Baruch Ata Adonai Elueinu Melech Haolam
She hichianu ve kimanu ve higianu l'zman hazeh
Blessed art thou oh Lord Our God Creator of the universe
who has given us life and preserved us and brought us to this time

Chazak ve Amatz u l'atzlecha
Baruch Ha Shem

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Isreal will let them bury his body at home?
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me throws out birdseed for the circling buzzards
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't cryin'. I wish it would've happened sooner. I know this is bitter. Bitterness for a bitter enemy.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arafat wants to be buried on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Yea, like that will ever happen. If the palestinians try to push the issue there will be a Jewish Jihad for sure. The Israelis have been treating these pigs with kid gloves compared to what they could do if pushed to the brink. Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody call Little Nicky and have him get a pineapple ready. Wink
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just never get these references like Little Nicky and the Pineapple. Question I don't think I get out enough.

Arafat dead? Well, gevaldikeh zach! tsktsk!

Arafat buried at the Temple Mount would be big time disgusting, bordering on blasphemy, and this from a Swedish/Scottish goyeh.

The Israelis should tell the Palestinians gai feifen alfen yam. Bury him in the land Sharon gave back.

Yes, digger, it does seem as if God has been looking into things here. Perhaps now that we have a president with the stones to challenge the evildoers, we will see many signs and wonders.
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting you'd say that Kimmy,
Arafat called for blood, lived on it, celebrated it...and is dieing from a blood disorder nobody can figure out. Reap what you sow.

I don't think they need to bury him at all. Why not just pack him full of explosives and send him to paradise? Just like he preached.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac

You've got to watch the movie "Little Nicky" with Adam Sadler sometime. I think you would enjoy it. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: