SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iraqi WMD's in Syria....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JB Stone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Iraqi WMD's in Syria.... Reply with quote

Quote:
A senior Syrian journalist reports Iraq WMD located in three Syrian sites

06 January, 2004

http://www.2la.org/syria/iraq-wmd.php

AFP

Nizar Nayuf (Nayyouf-Nayyuf), a Syrian journalist who recently defected from Syria to Western Europe and is known for bravely challenging the Syrian regime, said in a letter Monday, January 5, to Dutch newspaper “De Telegraaf,” that he knows the three sites where Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) are kept. The storage places are:
Iraq's WMD locations in Syria
click for images of Iraq's WMD location in Syria

-1- Tunnels dug under the town of al-Baida near the city of Hama in northern Syria. These tunnels are an integral part of an underground factory, built by the North Koreans, for producing Syrian Scud missiles. Iraqi chemical weapons and long-range missiles are stored in these tunnels.

-2- The village of Tal Snan, north of the town of Salamija, where there is a big Syrian air force camp. Vital parts of Iraq's WMD are stored there.

-3-. The city of Sjinsjar on the Syrian border with the Lebanon, south of Homs city.

ADVERTISEMENT
Find your SoulMate

Nayouf writes that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by the commanders of Saddam Hussein's Special Republican Guard, including General Shalish, with the help of Assif Shoakat , Bashar Assad's cousin. Shoakat is the CEO of Bhaha, an import/export company owned by the Assad family.

In February 2003, a month before America's invasion in Iraq, very few are aware about the efforts to bring the Weapons of Mass Destruction from Iraq to Syria, and the personal involvement of Bashar Assad and his family in the operation.
Nayouf, who has won prizes for journalistic integrity, says he wrote his letter because he has terminal cancer.

Click here for Satellite Images of the Syrian-Iraq's WMD Locations

http://www.2la.org/syria/wmd.html

First Message from the Syrian source to Nizar Nayouf
First messages from a Syrian Source, WMD Location

"Dear Nizar.

We received confirmations that the Iraqi weapons, which were moved to Syria by the help of General Zoul-Himla Chalich are now hidden in three places inside Syria:

First place: a tunnel dug in the mountain close to the Al-Baïdah village, which is roughly two kilometers from Misyaf village. This place is under the 489 Safety cipher Documents' office control .

Second place: the factory of the Air Armed Forces in the village of Tal Sinan, between the town of Hama and Salamiyyah. This factory is under the Air Force control.

Third place: the location of Shinsar, 40 kilometers south of Homs, two kilometers east of the Homs - Damascus road. There are underground tunnels there, controlled by Brigade 661 of the armed air Forces. It is a Brigade of air Patrol. The tunnels are several tens of meters deep.

The weapons were transported in large wooden cases and barrels, under the supervision of the General Zoul-Himla Chalich and the son of his brother Assef, who works at Al-Bachaer company.

The company is owned by the Assad family and has offices in Beirut, Damascus and Baghdad.

This company also undertook the illegal Iraqi oil importation in Syria, and supplied weapons to Saddam. I will try to send you all the new information as i get .

Take care and be safe."

~~~~~~~

Second Message to Nizar Nayuf
Second messages from a Syrian Source, WMD Location

"Dear Nizar.

I have sent you another chart of the positions which tells where the weapons which were sent from Iraq into Syria, are hidden. Because the preceding chart that I sent you earlier is not clear.

Until now, the authorities in Syria did not worry of what was being published by the Dutch television news about this subject.

New information: The weapons were evacuated by the means of ambulances. Mohammed Mansoura also took part in the operation.

There are other serious, detailed pieces of information concerning the money of Saddam being moved into Syria and into Lebanon and those who took part in moving it - Syrians and Lebanese.Also there are more details about the assassination of the General Moustapha Tajer which took place last summer.

Take care of yourself.

Damascus, January 7, 2004."

Quote:
Western spies: Syria storing WMD in Sudan

LONDON, April 9 (UPI) -- Western spy agencies say Damascus is smuggling missile and weapons of mass destruction components to Sudan so they won't be detected anywhere in Syria.

Since January 2004, Syrian President Bashar Assad has ordered shipments of Scud C and Scud D extended-range missiles as well as weapons components to be flown to warehouses in Khartoum, Middle East News Line reported Friday.

Intelligence sources said the Syrian shipments were placed on civilian airliners but authorized and directed by the Defense Ministry.

"There is widespread concern in the Syrian regime that Damascus will be the next to face heavy U.S. and international pressure to open its WMD facilities in the wake of the Libyan example," a senior intelligence source said.

"The Syrians have decided that they want to take some of their assets out of the country."

The government of Sudan President Omar Bashir was not informed of the Syrian shipments, which went to Khartoum as part of increased trade relations between the two countries, MENL said.

copy of the original letter sent out from syria

Quote:
Iraqi WMD 'possibly in Syria'
... Iraqi WMD 'possibly in Syria' 31/03/2003 16:33 - (SA). ...
www.news24.com/News24/World/ Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1340941,00.html

WorldNetDaily: Report: Syria hiding Iraqi WMD
... OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM Report: Syria hiding Iraqi WMD Sources say relative
of President Assad smuggled arms to 3 places Posted: January ...
www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36463

Saddam agents on Syria border helped move banned materials - The ...
... Survey Group (ISG) is fueling speculation, but is not proof, that the Iraqi dictator
moved prohibited weapons of mass destruction (WMD) into Syria before the ...
www.washingtontimes.com/ national/20040816-011235-4438r.htm

Jim Geraghty on WMDs & Syria on National Review Online
... January 12, 2004, 8:34 am The WMD Road to Damascus Are Iraq's missing weapons
in Syria? An exiled Syrian journalist says "yes.". ...
www.nationalreview.com/ geraghty/geraghty200401120834.asp

WorldTribune.com: US military intelligence: Saddam transferred WMD ...
... The military's assessment that Syria has received Iraqi WMD has been shared
by the Defense Department, officials said. They said ...
216.26.163.62/2004/ss_syria_09_24.html

Shocked
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any person with 2 brain cells knows that Saddam's WMDs went to Syria. There are satellite images of convoys of 18 wheelers leaving Iraq and going into Syria just before the war. DUHHH.

It doesn't take a PHD to figure it out. I wonder when CBS is going to report this?

I've have just ONE thing to say to the MSM -
JB Stone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It doesn't take a PHD to figure it out. I wonder when CBS is going to report this?"

Oh...I'd say about six MONTHS after we go in after them....!!!!

Wink
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JB Stone wrote:
"It doesn't take a PHD to figure it out. I wonder when CBS is going to report this?"

Oh...I'd say about six MONTHS after we go in after them....!!!!

Wink

I personally think Saddam could shove a scud missle full of mustard gas up Dan Rather's arse and he would say it was a suppository from Sears. Rolling Eyes
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like it could almost happen knowing Rather...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
Any person with 2 brain cells knows that Saddam's WMDs went to Syria. There are satellite images of convoys of 18 wheelers leaving Iraq and going into Syria just before the war. DUHHH.

It doesn't take a PHD to figure it out. I wonder when CBS is going to report this?

I've have just ONE thing to say to the MSM - [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aktion/action-smiley-081.gif
[/img]

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One kind of interesting thing - just as the invasion was getting started, after the convoys had been observed leaving Iraq, it was reported a couple of times that three battalion-strength excavations were taking place in three places in Syria, observed by satellite. That's a lot of digging!

That dropped off the map - never heard another word about it.

But, we've had people in on the intel telling us from the start that the stockpiles probably went to Syria. And just within the last couple of weeks, it's been discovered that Russia apparently assisted with the removal and storage of weaponry and perhaps WMD's.

At this point, with only the circumstantial and documentary evidence known to the public, for anyone to say that Iraq didn't have stockpiles of WMD's and elements for the production of WMD's in violation of UN sanctions and Iraq's self-signed peace agreement after GWI is simply ridiculous.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's finally all comming out just exactly as I've always said. My only difference with this report is that they forgot several sights. One of which is the Bekkaa Valley in Lebanon which has been a storage and distribution center for a number of terrorist organizations operating in Isreal, all under the control of Hezbollah and the Syrian Army. Iran, to be sure, is a threat but no one should discount the complicit involvement of the Syrians in the ongoing troubles in the region. Confused Shocked Mad Twisted Evil
I have totally lost faith in the "so called" intellegence business in this country. They continue to completely ignore the available intel from the Israelis and a number of other sources in the region. This can only prove out to their detriment in both the long and short run. Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the election is over, we may finally see some of these stories
in the MSM. They wanted Kerry to win and would not really be glad to
publish anything that might put Bush in a more favorable light, but I
still think they are attracted by a good story. With Porter Goss "cleaning
house" at the CIA, our intelligence gathering should start to improve as
well, so we can track down what really happened to all the WMDs.
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srmorton wrote:
Now that the election is over, we may finally see some of these stories
in the MSM. They wanted Kerry to win and would not really be glad to
publish anything that might put Bush in a more favorable light, but I
still think they are attracted by a good story. With Porter Goss "cleaning
house" at the CIA, our intelligence gathering should start to improve as
well, so we can track down what really happened to all the WMDs.

I hope you're right...this may take quite a while (housecleaning at the CIA) as will housecleaning at the OLMSM - so I wouldn't hold my breath in the meantime...I sure hope we can prove the Syrian connection. Does anyone have other links re: the convoys captured with satellite photos or even discussions of them. Why did the Bush Admin tout these more? Are they considered Legit theories by the OLMSM?

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin) This is NOT a THEORY! IT IS A FACT! A fact that you are going to have to accept as such if you don't want to be caught with your pants down ala 9/11. I'm not going to say I'm sorry for the outburst because I'm definately not. (Deleted by Admin) I don't have the time for a lot of speculative nonsense.
(Deleted by Admin)

Admin note: Please refrain from ad hominem and raise the level of this discussion. Thanks

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
stcromwell99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on SGT... be cool. There are many people who will only be swayed by factual proof. It is always easier to convince people with evidence of one kind or another. Smile
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Deleted By Admin)

Just for the record, I think you ARE cool, Digger. I'll share a foxhole with ya anytime.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

Either dispense with the ad hominem and raise the level of this discussion or I'll have to lock it.

Thanks
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, you went and did it, Admin. You made me go look up ad hominem. Wink

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ad%20hominem

Quote:
ad hom·i·nem adj.
Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

Interesting examples from the page:

Quote:
The phrase denoted an argument designed to appeal to the listener's emotions rather than to reason, as in the sentence The Republicans' evocation of pity for the small farmer struggling to maintain his property is a purely ad hominem argument for reducing inheritance taxes.

Quote:
It isn't in the best interests of the nation for the press to attack him in this personal, ad hominem way.

Quote:
“Notwithstanding all the ad hominem, Gingrich insists that he and Panetta can work together” (Washington Post).

p.s. ( Send it in when you sign it.)

"This is the best election night in history." --DNC chairman Terry McAuliffe, 2 November 2004, just before 8pm EST
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: