SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An American Wants to Move to Canada
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: An American Wants to Move to Canada Reply with quote

Check out this link:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/11/15/canadian.welcome.ap/index.html

A wimp-assed, puss-nutted resident of Portland, Oregon relates that he is ready to move to Canada because he's disgusted with life in the U.S. In part the article reads:

But, as one American who has his bags nearly packed likes to say, at least the taxes go toward good causes.

"I just like their way of life a lot better, and with everything the Bush administration has done -- for the American people to give him their seal of approval, it's basically the last straw," says Ralph Appoldt, a resident of Portland, in Oregon, a state that narrowly supported Democrat John Kerry for president.

"Canada's basic population is much more intelligent, polite and civilized,"Appoldt said. "I like their way of government a lot better. Their tax dollars go to helping those who need it, instead of funneling money back up to the wealthy and feeding this huge military-industrial machine."

I am willing to donate the use of a tractor-trailer, driver, and my manual labor to help in an effort to relocate this piece of crap. Maybe we can convince the Canadian government to establish a settlement named "Kerryville" for all dissident ex-patriate Americans. Wonder if we could get Kerry to run as this city's first mayor?

As the cliche states: America, love it or leave it.

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he needs gas money, I'll donate Laughing Wink
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently met a young sailor in Sacramento that had just been discharged after 4 years of service and was driving a rented car back to his home town in Minnesota -- I gave him the gas money for the trip.

As for the piece of whale dung in Oregon that wants to go to Canada, I think we should send him a few hundred bon voyage cards with a few choice sentiments about not coming back -- ever.

Nalt
Stephen Marquette
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: But, as one American who has his bags nearly packed likes... Reply with quote

The amazing thing about most jerks that spout off like this -- they are clueless about life outside America. They have no idea what they are advocating -- just like Hanoi Jane and her friends, a bunch of idealistic, morons with a Polyanna understanding of the world. They should read the book "Useful Idiots" and the might discover what pawns they have been to the fascists of the world.

I'll contribute to their one-way trip. Very Happy
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one from our sea of liberal flotsam here in Northwestern Oregon certainly will not be missed. If only he/she would take along a few more of the tree huggers we got here .

To get Portland, Eugene, and Corvallis cleaned out of brown things that usually float would go a long way of making Oregon a wholly red state as those are the only areas here .
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35 years ago before the Navy was environmentally sensitive about what we discharged into the harbor, I was standing watch on the quarterdeck on a beautiful Pearl Harbor afternoon, when a family came aboard for a tour of the ship. Unfortuanately the kids looked over the side and saw "some of those brown things that usually float" and asked me what they were. I didn't know how to answer. Guess I should have said they were Oregon Tree Huggers."

Nalt
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Expos Reply with quote

Anyone wonder why the Montreal Expos aren't in Canada anymore? Probably because the players demanded higher salaries to compensate for the income taxes the wealthy and not-so-wealthy get to pay to support that guy from Oregon with his hand out. Don't their arms ever get tired?
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerald L. Parsoneault wrote:
35 years ago before the Navy was environmentally sensitive about what we discharged into the harbor, I was standing watch on the quarterdeck on a beautiful Pearl Harbor afternoon, when a family came aboard for a tour of the ship. Unfortuanately the kids looked over the side and saw "some of those brown things that usually float" and asked me what they were. I didn't know how to answer. Guess I should have said they were Oregon Tree Huggers."

Nalt

Baby Ruth bars or Tiajuana brown trout.
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please encourage all the leftist freaks you know to follow this fine gentleman's example.....

GET OUT..... GET OUT NOW !!!!

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe, you jogged my memory with. . . .

Quote:
Baby Ruth bars or Tiajuana brown trout

The terminology came back like a bolt out of the blue. Thanks even though it ruined my dinner.

Nalt

Pineapple Fleet
USS O'Bannon
DD 450
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Leaving Reply with quote

What do you call 10,000 liberals heading to Canada?

"A good start"!
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerald L. Parsoneault wrote:
Snipe, you jogged my memory with. . . .

Quote:
Baby Ruth bars or Tiajuana brown trout

The terminology came back like a bolt out of the blue. Thanks even though it ruined my dinner.

Nalt

Pineapple Fleet
USS O'Bannon
DD 450

Brown trout,babe ruth bars or brown logs-- yeh and reminiscent of the multiple sampam families that frequented our ship in Hong Kong harbor 1965. Never forget it,every single young man or women diving off of the sampam into the harbor came back smiling. Garbage,'brown logs',whatever, the pennies,nickles and dimes we threw overboard made their day and into the polluted water they went.

My suggestion is for destinations like Subic Bay,Hong Kong,Olongapol, Koloon and a thousand others for the shocker of his life!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy

If he does decide Canada,I'll chip in an extra amount providing he denounces his american citizenship-----stay the HELL up there.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See ya, Don't call when you need something, nobody will care.
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of curiosity about the proposed Canadian draft-dodger memorial in Nelson BC I have visited a few sites dedicated to this issue. It appears that there are as many America hating liberals in Canada as there are America hating liberals in America. So, it is fitting that they all get together, there not here.
There is a lot of room in Canada and there's plenty of plaid flannel shirts and maple syrup for everyone so, by all means, if you're unhappy here get on a bus and head North.
I guess it would be selfish to speak directly to the thousands and thousands of braindead liberals here in Southern California. But, if most of them would head for Canada I wouldn't have to sit in rush hour traffic every morning just to get to work.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no traffic on the 405 / 605 / 110 / 91 /57 and all the rest of them would suit a lot of folks fine over there I'll bet

Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: