SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

" If they tried to influence the election they`re all g

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: " If they tried to influence the election they`re all g Reply with quote

Wow!! This was Sumner Redstone ( head of Viacom and CBS parent ) on CNBC today. When Maria Bartiroma asked Mr. Redstone if Dan Rather and others at CBS were found by the independent internal investigation of trying to influence the election that was his answer.

I hope he is a man of his word because there is no doubt in my mind that the 60 Minutes hit piece was done solely for that purpose.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's goes to intent. Exactly how in the sam hill are they going to prove intent? You know none of the slime involved is going to come forward and say "oh yes, we did this to influence the election, that was our motive and intent".

That's why Redstone could make that blanket statement. You can't prove intent unless someone confesses to it. It goes to state of mind.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: