SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Stay home, you pathetic whining maggots"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: "Stay home, you pathetic whining maggots" Reply with quote

Great piece in the Calgary Sun.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/Calgary/Ian_Robinson/2004/11/14/713559.html

Quote:
Stay home, you pathetic whining maggots

By Ian Robinson -- Calgary Sun

In the wake of the U.S. presidential election -- in which I cheerfully took a Sun assistant city editor, who figured Senator John Kerry couldn't lose, for $10 (a quick pause to gloat here) Americans disenchanted with President George W. Bush's re-election romp back into the White House, continue to deluge the Canadian immigration website.

How anybody can be unhappy with the president's re-election is beyond me.

Bush has my admiration in no small part because he manages to simultaneously annoy France and Germany, not to mention those renowned deep, geopolitical thinkers, the Dixie Chicks, Bruce Springsteen, P-Diddy or whatever he's calling himself now, Gwynneth Paltrow and Ben Affleck.

(Interesting note about France: America invades Iraq without UN approval and America is portrayed as a barbarian striding across the world stage. Recently, France essentially invaded the Ivory Coast to protect its interests there ... without asking the UN squat. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.)

Plus, let's face it: France deserves to be annoyed by as many people as possible, as often as possible, if only for encouraging Jerry Lewis by telling him that he was a genius.

Not to mention for exporting snotty wine culture across the Atlantic so that otherwise reasonable North Americans have turned into cork-sniffing oenephiles -- although the word sounds like an exotic perversion, it just means wine-nerd -- who can actually say with a straight face: "This is a full-bodied Cabernet, rich with a full body tasting of plum, blackberry and leather cooked on an oak plank."

Anyway, the day after the U.S. election, 115,628 Americans checked out the site and those numbers haven't fallen off very much.

Before the election, some U.S. celebrities and numerous other Democrats vowed that they'd move to Canada if Bush were re-elected.

I hope I'm not alone in gently suggesting to those considering coming to Canada: Stay home, you pathetic whining maggots.

Particularly celebrities. Canada has suffered enough without having to put up with any of the Baldwin brothers or -- heaven forfend! -- Barbra Streisand.

And frankly, I don't know if we can afford to feed Michael Moore.

Bad enough that Canada became a haven for the gutless wonders of the 1960s who fled the Vietnam draft. I sometimes think that the draft dodgers welcomed by the Trudeau government were a political virus that invaded our body politic, and we still suffer the lingering effects of that illness.

Our nation's preposterous pacifism, belief in nonsense such as "soft power" and fidelity to a morally bankrupt United Nations overrun with tin-pot dictators and other left-wing idiocies, may well be traceable back to the influx of thousands of the testosterone-challenged whose allegiance to country was superceded by their allegiance to smoking dope while trying to figure out the inner meaning of Beatles songs.

We have immigrants coming to this country who have been hunted from the air by murderous Islamofascists in Sudan.

Some new Canadians survived the atrocities in Rwanda or old Europe's final convulsions of genocide in the former Yugoslavia.

We have physicians from some parts of the world who are willing to throw away their prestige and power in their homelands for the privilege of driving a cab in Moose Jaw.

As a nation, we ought to welcome our share of people fleeing genuine oppression, and those willing to gamble everything to secure a safe and decent future for their families.

But welcome a bunch of spoiled brats willing to abandon their very nation because they don't like the man elected to be their leader for the next four years?

Geez, in my entire lifetime, there was maybe one prime minister I'd trust to run a street-corner hot dog stand -- the rest of them weren't fit for much more than compost -- but it never occurred to me to emigrate.

If we close our borders to anybody, it should be these fools. They'll be easy to screen out.

They'll be the ones who are whining.

I think this guy is absolutely right - Canada can't afford to feed Michael Moore. But from my perspective, I'd really like to see Canada accept these loons just to exterminate them from our great nation.

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me the whinning goes on in the private sector also. Sorry to say that I have lost a friend because Kerry didn't win. I wonder where they want to move because they sure do not support our country in any positive way. Well, if not Canada, France will take them.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll happily trade all those whinny liberals for Ian Robinson. Mr. Robinson, please consider US Citizenship! Very Happy
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
I'll happily trade all those whinny liberals for Ian Robinson. Mr. Robinson, please consider US Citizenship! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing
Mr Robinson claims to be canadian, but he sure sounds like a Texan. Laughing Laughing
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will trade one hundred whiners for one good homeless! Wink
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send them all to France. We can make up the difference with Irish imigrants who will come over here and work like hell to prove themselves worthy of citizenship. There are also plenty of Mexicans who would jump at the chance to come if they could get a job or at least the education that would give them the skills to get a good job. Laughing

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digger wrote:
Send them all to France. Laughing

To "whine country" perhaps?
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get your hopes up folks. Like everything else connected with these whining, gutless, elitist snobs, their promises are empty also. Once they get wind of the tax rate (55-60%) $4.00 a gal gas and the luxury taxes, they'll change their minds and continue to be a constant pain in our a**.

I still think we should take a collection to send them to France and if we can only come up with enough for half way..... Oh well.... Let them dwell with the bottom feeding lawyers and other plagues on our society.

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I find the idea of shipping them all off to a desert island somewhere quite appealing. Let them form their own government to collect taxes and pay for their wellfare. Eventually the whole thing will implode Laughing

blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digger, I can go with the island thing, but no beautiful beaches and coconut trees. It needs to be cold and wet maybe some quicksand and it needs to be roach infested. Evil or Very Mad
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Antarctica Twisted Evil Razz Laughing

GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digger wrote:
How about Antarctica Twisted Evil Razz Laughing

No can do Digger. The amount of hot air coming from them would surely hasten global warming.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point. How about somewhere in subSahan Africa where there are lots of malaria infested swamps, poisonous snakes and nasty bighting flies? Some place where even the natives don't go. We can't have them messing with the locals. Twisted Evil Razz Laughing

commdog
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3
"...it needs to be roach infested."

That would be redundant.
/CD
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on guys - there's a nice atoll they could have - I think it's called the Bikini Atoll
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: