SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URGENT! URGENT! Action Required!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAFA Grad/Vet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: URGENT! URGENT! Action Required! Reply with quote

Hello All.

I received this email from a friend and fellow volunteer, like everyone else here, who worked hard to re-elect George W. Bush. We are out here in Los Angeles and the buzz from the inside is frightening. Please read and ACT on the following ASAP!!!!!

His Peace and Blessings to You and Yours ...

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:46:19 -0800
To:
Subject: Your job is not over

We worked hard and we worked together to assure that our President would serve another four years. Now we need to unite to make sure that the negative energy in Hollywood does not make a mockery of our efforts or the President's role as our CIC.

Today I learned that Hollywood, or more specifically the membership of the Academy of the Motion Picture Arts and Sciences plans to make sure that Fahrenheit 9/11 is nominated for Best Picture and that it will win.

The concept is to use the film to make a statement to America and Washington DC. It is clearly being calculated as a big "up yours America" statement.

There are several things that you can do to assure that your vote is not insulted by the likes of an angry Hollywood and Michael Moore.

First, write to the Academy @:
http://www.oscar.com/contact/index.html
email: ampas@oscars.org

The Academy Awards are aired on ABC. You can contact
ABC @:

Mailing Address:
ABC, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4551
email: netaudr@abc.com

The Academy Awards needs an audience and the audience drives the sponsors. Without sponsors the show can NOT go on.

If Moore's film is nominated, I will not support the Oscars. If he wins, I will not support any company, product or service that sponsored the program. Nor will I support ABC.

Because there is a campaign already in place to "assure" that Moore's film wins, it is blatantly obvious that the entire process is "fixed". It is time to let Hollywood know, in case they have not seen the RED counties, that we the people are not impressed, nor do we feel that they represent us.

Please make sure that your voices are heard, send your emails and letters and pass this email on or some form of a call for action to your blogs, your lists, your email groups .....

Nearly 60 million people voted for George Bush on Nov 2, sending a message to the world. I refuse to permit a handful of whacko liberals to dictate the outcome of an awards program which is designed as a direct insult to my vote.

Thank you for your support.

Best,
Susan Moses
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let them do it. If they are really stupid enough to give FH911 an Oscar for best picture then they deserve what they get.

BOR already said on his show that if they do this there will be a MAJOR backlash from "red" America. He said "red" America will boycott ALL movies for a year.

I say let's do it. If MM's movie gets an Oscar of ANY kind.....I don't care if it's for best electrical wiring for a camera....let all of us agree to boycott ALL movies for 1 year. We can bring Hollyweird to it's KNEES folks.

Start the agreement going among the bloggers and new media. And let's all agree to this boycott. We can turn it around and make it an "in YOUR face" to Hollywood and have it blow up in their faces.

I for one now pledge that if MM's movie gets an oscar OF ANY KIND I will boycott ALL movies for 1 full year.

WHO'S WITH ME??? Let's do it. It's time we put these Hollywood elitists in their place.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the chance that this is not some crazy internet rumor (and even if it is), I sent the Academy organisation the following letter:

I hope that this is some crazy internet rumor I am hearing and not based on actual fact. I understand that certain people in the industry want to nominate Fahrenheit 9/11 for the Best Picture of the Year, and that the fix is already in to make sure that the film wins.

If this happens, your organisation will be doing a disservice to the other filmmakers who turned out fine quality entertainment for the public to enjoy. Is it worth having your credibility damaged, and facing a possible backlash from the American public in general?

It will be interesting to see what kind of response, if any, I get. If nothing else, it may serve to give them a heads up.

Maria
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me as a boycotter.....

That MM would even be considered for an award, other than BIGGEST FASCIST LIAR or maybe winner of the HERMAN GOERRING look alike contest, is beyond the pale.

My movie selections are really narrowed down already by refusing to watch anything featuring any of the useless cast of idiots. Oh well, I guess it's Fox News or nothing......

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the fix may not be in, in reality it probably is. The acadamy voting members are as predictable as lemmings. If it is the only anti-war movie in the catagory, it will win. If it is the only anti-Bush entry, it will win, the only way it will lose is if it has to run against another anti-war, anti-Bush movie. Let the fat f**k have his Oscar, it still won't make Kerry President.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their huge egos will get in the way
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of no better or finer way to declare Hollywood IRRELEVANT for all time than for M&M's fantasy to get an Academy Award. If "the academy" awards an oscar for F 9/11 then this will have the cachet of the entire Hollywood establishment. I think the vast majority of the American people will see this stunt for exactly what it is, and so soon after the election makes it even more transparent. It will be only a matter of days before moderate to conservative (can't do anything about the liberals, but if they applaud the stunt, then in a way they will be fingered too) pundits jump on this and make it a mockery.

My prediction is that this stunt is a "death wish" and will be a political suicide gesture for Hollywood - denying them any legitimacy for political opinion for quite some time in the future.

Oh yeah, I like it when the liberals do it to themselves.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never watched the Oscars to begin with.
Its nothing but spouting of Anti-Americanism from the likes of Alec Baldin,
Martin Sheen, "The Barbara" and so on.
They all belong down the sewer with the Mrs. America Pageant.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only will I not attend a movie for a year, but I will not pay for it on Pay for View or rent it at Blockbuster. That might be another way to go, e-mail Blockbuster and other movie rental businesses and add them to the boycott. I am already not watching anything from Susan Saradan, Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, etc.

Of course, we still have to support Mel Gibson and others like him.

But I'm ready to go on this if and when it is necessary.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't knot your BVDs on this one.

When was the last time you watched the AAs?

What was the last film you saw and liked and was nominated?

Do you really want to be associated with the shallow, self-absorbed and declining demographic that gives a rats a**?

Now, if f911 competed with and lost to Team America I'l change my tune.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the fools go for it. It may be nominated, but it will NEVER win. Remember all Hollywood is: One BIG Ego. The libs in the end will worry about how if that crap of a whatever were to win, HISTORY may not look fondly upon them.Rolling Eyes

Believe me, God is in control. Very Happy
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit watching the academy "awards" the year that

Shakespear in Love

Was voted best picture.
This biggest POS to ever be exposed on celuloid was up against such real movies as
The Thin Red Line
Saving Private Ryan
What Dreams May Come

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inatizzy wrote:
I say let them do it. If they are really stupid enough to give FH911 an Oscar for best picture then they deserve what they get.

BOR already said on his show that if they do this there will be a MAJOR backlash from "red" America. He said "red" America will boycott ALL movies for a year.

I say let's do it. If MM's movie gets an Oscar of ANY kind.....I don't care if it's for best electrical wiring for a camera....let all of us agree to boycott ALL movies for 1 year. We can bring Hollyweird to it's KNEES folks.

Start the agreement going among the bloggers and new media. And let's all agree to this boycott. We can turn it around and make it an "in YOUR face" to Hollywood and have it blow up in their faces.

I for one now pledge that if MM's movie gets an oscar OF ANY KIND I will boycott ALL movies for 1 full year.

WHO'S WITH ME??? Let's do it. It's time we put these Hollywood elitists in their place.

I'm with you, I can do other things with my money and time than to go to the movies. IF F911 gets anything...I'll not go to a movie for one year. I hope enough agree so that it makes a big statment.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Hollywierd anyway Evil or Very Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: