SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Letter to John Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: My Letter to John Kerry Reply with quote

Dear Senator Kerry,

Thank you for your interest in becoming our next Commander in Chief. I can see that your military experience, combined with your long and storied political career, has made you extremely "fit for command."

For instance, you used to be just some young kid who accused your fellow officers and sailors of beheading people and/or castrating them- without offering a shred of evidence to back it up.

Now, you merely accuse the soldiers you wish to lead of being grossly incompetent for failing to plan post-hostility operations in Iraq (funny- I worked on such a plan), failing to capture bin Laden when we had him surrounded (wow, you must be really smart, because nobody else seems to have this information), and most recently- failing to guard your mysterious explosives. And now you even back up your accusations with evidence- reliable sources like the NY Times and even CBS!!!

You have certainly come a long way, and you obviously know what it takes to motivate us soldiers to rally around your cause.

Hey, in case you win, should I start learning to speak french? I hear those frenchies will be coming to the Middle East in droves once you're elected. They're gonna love it over here- just about every bit of weaponry and ammo that we find over here has french writing on it!

And, trust me, we're gonna LOVE working for you.

Given the manner in which you aggressively spat in our faces these past few months (especially this past week) and the way you skewered my "Ghengis Kahn" father who served only two years in Vietnam (as opposed to 4 whole months), you can count on me and the rest of my military brethren for PLENTY of support once you take office.

Look forward to working with you, Sir-

CPT 2Slick, Army Aviator

P.S. I was at OBJ Dogwood with the 101st in April of 2003. Sorry we failed to guard your "forged" explosives. A$$hole.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOAH!!! Great letter Cpt.!!
Thankyou for your Service and Sacrafice on behalf of all us broke down bumbs who can no longer serve!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at your PS! Very Happy

Good letter! Thank you for your service and I'll bet you'd find a lot of people who would love to hear about what's really going on over there if you have time to type. Smile
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice comments. Actually I spend about 2 hours of my free time at the cybercafe every day and type on my milblog.

www.2slick.blogspot.com

Please come on by at your leisure.

Due to inspiring feedback like yours, I decided to "beef" this letter up a bit, and put it on my site. I admit- I'm pretty happy with it.

Let's keep this ******* out of the White House and away from our proud military...

Swift Vets ROCK!!!!
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice letter and thanks for your service.

25thInfGIJoe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: My Letter to John Kerry Reply with quote

Excellent letter 2slick....

Coming from a Ghengis Khan Atrocity Committer such as myself, A coward like Kerry couldn't shine our Army boots. I was in country '66-'67 and had the ultimate icing on the cake of coming home by way of San Francisco. Nothing like being spit on and called baby killer my first day home! I am apalled at the way MR TWO TOUR himself blantantly disparages the troops and for the life of me, I cannot understand how so many are fooled by him. Kerry is a power hungry narcissist, a coward of the worst kind, a traitor and a liar. He despises our Military, always has, and my heart goes out to those who will have to serve under him and worse...salute him. I'd rather stick pins in my feet.
My brothers on The Wall will surely turn over in their graves if this scumb*g is elected. God Bless our Troops..Past, Present and Future.
25th Inf Div, Cu-Chi, Manchu Rangers ...It Don't Mean Nuthin'
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't say on Wednesday: "I wish I had done more..."

I don't think they get much worse than John Kerry.
AboveThe Best
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post 2slick. Keep pullin' pitch. Today's The Day!

OFWAC 60-4
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks everyone. I'm honored to help with the cause...

I sent that letter (along with the Discharge story) to everyone on that huge list of media outlets that was posted yesterday.

One guy actually wrote me back. Here's his reply and my response to him.

He said:

Quote:
DEAR 2Slick....

I'm sad that you would waste your own time and mine with such a silly message. It is sadder that you have so little understanding of the nature of the conflict you are involved in. Perhaps that is because you are in Kuwait a place about as grounded in reality as your avarage Disney movie. I take that back. Disney movies contain considerably more reality than anything going on in Kuwait. I hope you find something to do besides write infantile letters to the media. Our troops need real support not the whining of bored enlistees watching the clock to see when their pensions vest.

Have a nice life and stay clear of Falluja.

Best- John Hockenberry (NBC Universal)

to which I replied:

Quote:
Hey!!

Thank YOU for taking the time to respond.

I am in Kuwait now, and I was in Iraq for a year. I'm well aware of what's going on here, and I certainly know what's at stake.

John Kerry is a traitor, and that truth will come out very soon, regardless of your profit-driven interest in getting him elected. Hmmm, let's see- who would have the best scandals (i.e.- ratings, profits) for you? THAT'S a tough one! You guys tried to bleed a scandal out of Bush for 5 years and all you wound up with were a bunch of forged documents. Still, that ended up working to your advantage, since you guys at NBC then got to pounce all over CBS. Good for you guys!

Yes, I know what I'm fighting for, and I know it has nothing to do with the lies that people like you sell to the public masses. You guys fight for a bottom line. People like me fight for your freedom to go after that bottom line.

I'm not an enlistee- I'm an officer (hint- CPT means officer). But thanks- you obviously have a wonderful understanding of the military (as most media people do).

Honestly, though- thanks for taking the time to write back...

Regards
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpt., I had steam pooring out of my ears when I saw the response you recieved from that obvious Tool! Your counter to hime was excellent, though probably wasted on his "all knowing intellectual self"!
Should have asked him when the last time he visited Kuwait, Iraq, or Afghanistan for that matter!! Hate ignorance!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHMIGOD!!! 2slick, I'm so sorry you got such a stupid, denigrating response. This is what our Vietnam vets had to deal with on a massive scale.

This is our media, folks - same ******** as they dealt out in the sixties and seventies, only it's usually more subtle! Subtle enough to creep into the mindset of the entire culture.

Their disdain for and ignorance of all things military comes shining through in unguarded moments.

What a fscking idiot.
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2slick-

What a great letter! Thanks for your commitment to serve our country.

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a Google on this guy, and the only John Hockenberry that comes up is an emmy-award winning wheelchair-bound guy who does work for NBC.

I can't imagine for the life of me that this could be the same person. But the credentials he claims in his last email jives with the bio that I found online. This is the sort of sick, twisted media that we're still up against after all these years. Let's just pray that the bloggers really do save our country from these ********...

Quote:
2Slick baby,

Sorry, never would have expected an officer to speak so ignorantly. I've been in Iraq, Kuwait, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Israel. Jordan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Lebanon, and Pakistan. As for being ignorant of the military, ouch, wrong about that one too. I have two relatives buried at Arlington. But hey, making blanket statements about people seems to be a real talent over there at DOD. At least you know the difference between a real threat to our nation and a bogus half dead dictator (who was once on the CIA payroll). I feel better already knowing you are out there on the front lines delirious with self righteousness. Hey, you can call me a liar but I can't compete with you guys... you're professional grade. Hope your next promotion doesn't take too long I'm really looking forward to paying you more money to protect me and my family so well. Thanks again 2Slick (the officer who is apparently embarassed to reveal his rank)

"Hockenberry, John (NBC Universal)" <John.Hockenberry@nbcuni.com>

and my response:

Quote:
I told you in both emails that I was a Captain, and you say that I'm embarassed to reveal my rank. That pretty much exemplifies both your intellect and your attention to detail. You're obviously perfect for your job with the media.

I don't care how many people you knew in the military, how many of your grandparents were in WW2, where you've travelled to in your efforts to establish credibility to back your misinformation campaign against the military- one thing is certain: in your emails to me you have all but declared yourself an enemy of our military. That's fine with me- I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the fact that you obviously have an agenda to spread your twisted perception of us to the unsuspecting public who might mistake you for an honest newsman. That, in my opinion, makes you an enemy of the United States. This will be my last email to you, as I'm certain a sick, twisted, self-righteous ******* like you is not worth my time.

Best of luck,

2Slick

Is this guy unbelievable or what?

Hey, at least the traitorous flip-flopper is down for the count!!!!
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got relatives in Arlington, and is widely traveled?

What a nauseating blow-weasel.

My Dad commanded a Battalion in Vietnam, I am a direct descendant of Noah, and I've lived ten of the last twenty-three years of my military career overseas --- it didn't get me promoted to LTC... (nor should it). This guy is not to be believed.

I feel like sending an e-mail...the key part of that letter is this part: John.Hockenberry@nbcuni.com

Jeff White
Major, US Army
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of Hockenberry's e-mails should be forwarded to his boss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: