SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox News Live just had SwiftVets discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Fox News Live just had SwiftVets discussion Reply with quote

Just heard the SwiftVets ad being discussed on Fox News Live (Aug 9 at 8:30AM)...

The lady they had on was I think a previous campaign person for Gore. She said the SwiftVets ad is likely to hurt the Bush campaign!

Her claim: The ad is full of blatant lies since none of those folks served on the same boat and it (the ad) should be pulled immediately.

If THAT'S their strongest countermeasure, they are in trouble... If they're preaching to pull the ad "immediately", someone is scrambling.

Keep up the great work, SwiftVets!
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Blatant lies Reply with quote

That's great. Yeah they are scared and probably piddling their pants over all this. It's pathetic that that's their best argument. The boats only hold seven guys, and they NEVER went out alone, that I've ever heard of anyway. They typically go out in groups of 3-6 boats right? And like has been stated so accurately here, you get to know guys in your squadron, and if a guy stinks of being dishonorable or a flat out punk, the stench passes over the water to all the boats and you know it, whether you're on the boat with him or not. It's especailly funny, because no part of the ad does it even remotely claims that the Vets were on the same boat. They said they served with him, and they did. They knew him, and knew he was a lying tramp. If it's all going to hurt Bush and help kerry, why then aren't the kerry campaign openly attacking these vets, instead of attacking in the corners in the shadows with lawyers threatening and coercing people not to play the ad. They're scared and for good reason. The truth is coming out and they can't stand up to it.
rds
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Fox News Live just had SwiftVets discussion Reply with quote

Son Of The Godfather wrote:
Just heard the SwiftVets ad being discussed on Fox News Live (Aug 9 at 8:30AM)...

The lady they had on was I think a previous campaign person for Gore. She said the SwiftVets ad is likely to hurt the Bush campaign!

Strange the Dems are worried about hurting the Bush Campaign?
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Blatant lies Reply with quote

RocketFett wrote:
If it's all going to hurt Bush and help kerry, why then aren't the kerry campaign openly attacking these vets, instead of attacking in the corners in the shadows with lawyers threatening and coercing people not to play the ad.

Because they are scared as Hades, that is why. The threats against Swiftvets should be PUBLISHED and CIRCULATED AS WIDELY AS POSSIBLE.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they not realize how rediculous that b.s. claim is? IF the Swift Boat Vets, their ad, and the upcoming book are only going to hurt Bush - WHY IS KERRY'S TEAM THE ONE MAKING ALL THE NOISE?

Doesn't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy to see how much Kerry cares about President Bush? He doesn't want these veterans jeopardizing Bush's re-election campaign. HAHAHAHAHA.

He's sort of reminding me of those new circle vacuums - you know, the ones that hit a wall, back up, try again; hit a wall, back up, try again; hit a wall, back up, try again.

Perhaps he should have thought through his campaign tactics a little better!
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I thought the concern sounded somewhat... disingenuous(sp?)

The ad link is one of the very few links I have felt compelled to forward to everyone I know (with the message for them to do the same).

Being from California, I have to put up with a lot of "Anyone but Bush" rhetoric. (I admire our President a great deal).
This ad creates (or adds to) the "Anyone but Kerry" group...

And they know it.

That makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, warm -n- fuzzy!

THESE GUYS ROCK! They defended us then and they're back to defend us NOW! It's men (and women) like these that make me PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

God Bless!
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
THESE GUYS ROCK! They defended us then and they're back to defend us NOW! It's men (and women) like these that make me PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

Ditto and AMEN!
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fox News Live just had SwiftVets discussion Reply with quote

rds wrote:

Yes it is strange that Dems would be worried an ad could hurt the Bush campaign?I've noticed Dems and Kerry surrogates have been reduced to calling on Pres. Bush to pull an ad from the airwaves that he has no control over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: