SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

foreigners for president?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Founding Fathers in their wisdom put this requirement in our constitution.

We would not only open ourselves up to the possibility of having a President with sympathies to another nation, we would also run the risk of having a mole planted by a hostile power becoming the Commander in Chief. With the documented history of Soviet infiltration of our government in the Cold War this is a real possibility.

I for one, would strongly oppose any attempt to ammend the Constitution for this purpose.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Star power Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
The Founding Fathers in their wisdom put this requirement in our constitution.

We would not only open ourselves up to the possibility of having a President with sympathies to another nation, we would also run the risk of having a mole planted by a hostile power becoming the Commander in Chief. With the documented history of Soviet infiltration of our government in the Cold War this is a real possibility.

I for one, would strongly oppose any attempt to ammend the Constitution for this purpose.

Got agree with you and the founding fathers. Could see George Soros spending a billion to get himself elected.

Independent that leans right of center.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madeline Albright is a communist and Arnold comes from a facist state. The last person we need as POTUS is someone born in Austria. Austria my dear lord, the citizens of that country are lacking in just about every honorable trait a human being can have. Yes, we need to judge countries and people by their past and until they are able to prove through time they have changed we must be wary.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on a radio talk show that 80% of Americans are against altering the Constitution to elect Arnold and 70% are against altering it for anybody. I sure hope that the Republican Party is not going to be behind such a move. This is the worst thing they could do to the Party and the Country. The Constitution should not be changed for anyone, especially someone that is married to a Kennedy.

I am from California and I voted for Arnold, but I would have voted for anyone that I thought could get Davis out of office. Kerry was trying to follow Arnold's footsteps by being elected President as the "Anybody but Bush" candidate. I'm sure Arnold gave him some pointers on one of their little cozy discussions they had.

SBD
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
I heard on a radio talk show that 80% of Americans are against altering the Constitution to elect Arnold and 70% are against altering it for anybody. I sure hope that the Republican Party is not going to be behind such a move. This is the worst thing they could do to the Party and the Country. The Constitution should not be changed for anyone, especially someone that is married to a Kennedy.

I am from California and I voted for Arnold, but I would have voted for anyone that I thought could get Davis out of office. Kerry was trying to follow Arnold's footsteps by being elected President as the "Anybody but Bush" candidate. I'm sure Arnold gave him some pointers on one of their little cozy discussions they had.

SBD

The worst thing the republicans could do is push for Arnold for POTUS. If they do that they can expect the same downfall the dimocrats have seen for the last 50 years.

The reason repubs are successful now is because people with values support them and nothing more.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
SBD wrote:

SBD

I agree with most said of above here.

In addition to this, i don't think running a California populist (Which Arnold Clearly is) would be a decent way to follow the Bush legacy wqhen that time is up.. In additon, I don't see Arnold and a very principled man, something his junk-science stem-cell rhetric has just clearly shown. All praise to him for getting rid of Grey Davis, but besides that, I really don't like him as a politician.

I would be surprised if the candidate for 2008 is not among one of these:

Rice, Giuliani, Bush (Jeb), or... maybe some "dark horse" governor we will soon discover.

The worst thing the republicans could do is push for Arnold for POTUS. If they do that they can expect the same downfall the dimocrats have seen for the last 50 years.

The reason repubs are successful now is because people with values support them and nothing more.

Need some wood?!?!
WilliamShipley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Californian, I supported Arnold in the recall. I have always been impressed by how successful he has been in everything he has tried. So far, I think he has done well as Governor and expect great things of him.

However, there are other good people who can run for president. We should not change the constitution for one man.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnold knows the rules and he plays by them. I think he would be a great Senator after he straightens out my native state. I am not sure Feinstein is defeatable but Boxer just might be. If he can get the financial mess straightened out in California (which used to rank 6th in the world listing for economies- above most (ALL)European countries) He will stand a great shot at the Senate.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the next election will field "fresh faces" (Bush & Cheney will not be candidates), and the next 4 years promise to force some hard looks at some important issues, I'd not put much money on anybody being a probable candidate on either side ... including Hillary, if things go the way they look like they might.

Which would be very refreshing for a change. Smile
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
Since the next election will field "fresh faces" (Bush & Cheney will not be candidates), and the next 4 years promise to force some hard looks at some important issues, I'd not put much money on anybody being a probable candidate on either side ... including Hillary, if things go the way they look like they might.

Which would be very refreshing for a change. Smile

Well since the "Democrats" say that GWB and Cheney didn't win the 2000 race they should run again

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: