SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry: Let's roll up our sleeves and ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SandiM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Kerry: Let's roll up our sleeves and ... Reply with quote

A Message from John Kerry
t r u t h o u t | Statement

Friday 19 November 2004

I want to thank you personally for what you did in the election - you rewrote the book on grassroots politics, taking control of campaigns away from big donors. No campaign will ever be the same.

You moved voters, helped hold George Bush accountable, and countered the attacks from big news organizations such as Fox, Sinclair Broadcasting, and conservative talk radio.

And your efforts count now more than ever. Despite the words of cooperation and moderate sounding promises, this administration is planning a right wing assault on values and ideals we hold most deeply. Healthy debate and diverse opinion are being eliminated from the State Department and CIA, and the cabinet is being remade to rubber stamp policies that will undermine Social Security, balloon the deficit, avoid real reforms in health care and education, weaken homeland security, and walk away from critical allies around the world.

Regardless of the outcome of this election, once all the votes are counted - and they will be counted - we will continue to challenge this administration. This is not a time for Democrats to retreat and accommodate extremists on critical principles - it is a time to stand firm.

I will fight for a national standard for federal elections that has both transparency and accountability in our voting system. It's unacceptable in the United States that people still don't have full confidence in the integrity of the voting process.

I ask you to join me in this cause.

And we must fight not only against George Bush's extreme policies - we must also uphold our own values. This is why on the first day Congress is in session next year, I will introduce a bill to provide every child in America with health insurance. And, with your help, that legislation will be accompanied by the support of hundreds of thousands of Americans.

There are more than eight million uninsured children in our nation.

That's eight million reasons for us to stay together and fight for a new direction. It is a disgrace that in the wealthiest nation on earth, eight million children go without health insurance.

Normally, a member of the Senate will first approach other senators and ask them to co-sponsor a bill before it is introduced - instead, I am turning to you. Imagine the power of a bill co-sponsored by hundreds of thousands of Americans being presented on the floor of the United States Senate. You can make it happen. Sign our "Every Child Protected" pledge today and forward it to your family, friends, and neighbors:

johnkerry.com/EveryChild.

This is the beginning of a second term effort to hold the Bush administration accountable and to stand up and fight for our principles and our values. They want you to disappear; they are counting on that. I'm confident you will prove them wrong, and you will rewrite history again.

Here is what I want you to know. I understand the strength, commitment, and passion that are at the core of what we built together - and I am determined to make our collective energy and organization a force to be reckoned with in the weeks and months ahead.
Let's roll up our sleeves and get back to work for our country.

Thank you,
John Kerry

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/112004V.shtml

It is perfectly clear that this clown is more determined than ever to take the whitehouse. His run for 2008 is on right now.

He's suddenly discovered something called "principles", and something else called "values". That he doesn't know what they are is beside the point; others seems to think that lack of them cost him the election, so let's start talking about them - whatever they are. Oh! and let's not forget that there are still uncounted votes out there.

There is absolutely no doubt that the work of SwiftVet & POW supporters cannot afford even to slow down a little. The clown has got a second wind and is off and running again.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another thread on about what I am about to say, but his statement that he wants the American public to sign a petition endorsing his health insurance for every American child before he approaches his fellow senators with it, sounds eerily like a leftist political tactic to me. Strong-arming your opponents to get what you want.

And trying to imply that he could still win, even after he's already conceeded, how arrogant is that?

Okay...health insurance for every American child...first of all, does this replace Medicaid for those children whose families are already on food stamps? And what income limit be? If this is like every other federal program that I've ever experienced in the past, if you make one penny OVER what the government says you should make, you can forget about it. You'll either have to pay for your own insurance plan for your kids, or they can do without.

How stupid can this clown be? I think I'll write my senators a nice letter today about this issue.

Maria
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of my state senators are thankfully, Republican. I have sent eacch of them an e-mail along with the link to Mr. Kerry's online petition. I urge each of you who has a Republican senator to do the same.

Those of you who have Democratic Senators, I don't know what to tell you. Assuming that they are all in on it, it might not do you any good. On the other hand, letting them know that the word is out, and that people are writing to their REPUBLICAN senators and urging them not to fall for Mr. Kerry's little grandstanding play, might give them a heads up.

Maria
tx
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most states also have the chips program for the ones that make to much for medicaid. This, from what I understand is very cheap for families to cover their children, if they do not have insurance. Not sure all the paticulars.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a military person, so I don't really have a plan other than alerting my state Senators.

Yes, it's true that he tries to foment dissent among the masses, and tries to keep his base going for another presidential run. And he uses health care for children as an excuse, something that we could all agree is necessary. Except if you look closely at the issue, you'll see some states pick up the slack.

Also, notice that he plans to introduce it in January. So he's doing the usual tactic of holding his finger up to the wind to see which way the wind blows. If he doesn't get overwhelming response to this message, I bet that piece of legislation goes nowhere fast.

In my opinion, this is one of those wait and see situations. If we rush to jump on it now, it could backfire on us, especially if he doesn't get the support he craves, and this piece of legislation could die a quiet death. The last thing I want to do is turn John Kerry into a victim of the vast right wing conspiracy, thereby garnering him more support.

Maria
Enlistedman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: EPILOGUE Reply with quote

In battle terms what you describe is a divide and conqure tactic. It is primarrily used in flanking moves and requires a good cavalry to be executed well.
Anyone with any knowledge of Union operations (which are strong supporters of JK), they rarely do anything without money and useually a lot more than they are worth for the job.
The more informed Union members are about what their union dues can be used for and if they have to contribute to a political candidate they do not support the more difficult it will be for a few loud mouths to manipulate the masses.
In short more than one side can play the divide and conqure game.
My money is on Dr. Rice in 2008.
And I really miss being able to run 60 miles a week since I got hurt three years ago.
Keep up to date with your Vet benefits, it's a matter of our countries integrity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Epilogue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: