SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Unfit for Command" #1 on bestseller list, AGAIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TN3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: "Unfit for Command" #1 on bestseller list, AGAIN Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been posted, but I was surprised to see this book number 1 again. A lot of people must be getting the book for a Christmas present.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or because Kerry threatened the authors and publishers with a libel suit last week?

LOL!

That guy is incapable of making the right move, I swear.

Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society will be happy for the help, Mr. Kerry. Wink
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: great Xmas gifts Reply with quote

Thanks for identifying the charity, 3N. We'd always heard that the proceeds from UFC were given to charity, but that's the first time I've seen it identified. It makes perfect sense, given John O'Neill's background. Dr. Corsi is proud too, I'll bet.

Despite living in "Kerry Kountry", I've never had trouble getting the book. It's hard to fathom some of the stories I've seen on other threads in this forum as to the book's availability. I plan to buy 4 more copies and give them to our 4 kids for Christmas, complete wih 4 postcards for bookmarks. Those postcards, of course, were the ones sent out to acknowledge contributions to SBVT. I didn't mean to collect exactly four of them, but some of us got Kerried away with dmackto's (?) fund-raising efforts during one of the debates. Maybe some of my kids will read the book and gain a better understanding of what got their old man so upset in the Election of 2004.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Costco Reply with quote

I saw a lot of copies at Costaco last week and was worried that they would be returned unsold. Hopefully they will now sell.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could kill two birds with one stone.
What if every one of us went out and bought 2 or 3 books a week and mailed one every other day or so to Mr. Senator Unfit to Command!
We could raise a lot of money for charity and at the same time demoralize the *****.
I don't know if it would be legal, but if he got hundreds of books mailed to him every day I'm sure it would affect his psyche.
He may even resign, he may even move to France!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is mean, very,very funny but mean.

I think the funny outweighs the mean.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
I think we could kill two birds with one stone.
What if every one of us went out and bought 2 or 3 books a week and mailed one every other day or so to Mr. Senator Unfit to Command!
We could raise a lot of money for charity and at the same time demoralize the p***k.
I don't know if it would be legal, but if he got hundreds of books mailed to him every day I'm sure it would affect his psyche.
He may even resign, he may even move to France!

Heckuva good idea. But we should include with the books a nice bottle of FRENCH WHINE. Wink

THink it would drive him batty?

(I must correct myself. For JFinK it wouldn't be a drive, it would be a putt)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: