SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Military bigots need to be confronted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Military bigots need to be confronted Reply with quote

People of color would rightfully be enraged if the media continuously looked passed most of the accomplishments and achievements of their brothers & sisters and primarily focused on the gotcha stories. Well I am one of millions of veterans that are enraged by the way the American media that continues to flame the fires of bigotry towards the men & women who are currently serving in our military.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a vet, but I agree. sounds like we need a massive email campaign to the media !!!!

I want to see /hear more about the good being done in Iraq and Afghanistan ! I want to see more of our troops on tv telling their family and friends 'hi' and 'I miss you'....etc. I'm not family to them, but I love seeing them - and I love knowing their families might see them!

I love seeing our troops over there working so hard for us (for so little; I say, let's cut the pay and benefits for congress and give it to the troops!)
(wait, that may not sound right - I don't mean that I love 'seeing them work so hard' .... but they are working so hard anyway ! and I love seeing them on tv!

and I'm sick of the media catching on to 1 or 2 things that go wrong and making a week long frenzy over it! Our troops aren't perfect - but darn near close to it!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: