SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanksgiving Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hosemonkey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Thanksgiving Day Reply with quote

To the Editor,

On this Thanksgiving Day let us be thankful for our active duty service people and for our veterans. They are giving their all to protect the freedom of our Nation and to extend the benefits of all the best of our culture and society to the less fortunate of this world. I used to wonder if the youth of this generation had what it takes to deal with the evil of this world, if they could uphold the honor of the United States military, if they could maintain the traditions of their fathers. They have not let us down, they have added new luster to the honors won by their forebears. When I see the selflessness of their service, I am in awe. Do not forget our service people or our veterans. We gave you our youth, our innocence, our blood and our lives, that you might enjoy the freedom to have a Thanksgiving Day.

David D. Jones
Inyokern
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: