SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I hope you guys know what you are doing...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PilotGuy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: I hope you guys know what you are doing... Reply with quote

I hope the guys that are running this show know what their doing and I hope to God they are NOT exploiting Vets for their own political purposes.

I was just watching the Beltway Boys on Fox and one of the commentators, Kondrake or Barnes, I don't know who's who, just came right out and said this whole thing is a disaster... FOX NEWS for God sakes. Even O'Reilly is not taking this seriously.

Kerry's website has posted quotes from George Elliott and Adrian Lonsdale actually praising Kerry as late as 1996. They have Roy Hoffmann saying he didn't even know Kerry back then.
Both Factcheck.org and Snopes.com question the credibility of the ad.

Another concern of mine. Vets should know that donations to 527's are a matter of public record. It took me less than a minute to find this:

I can just see some slimeballs from the left questioning every Vet on the list who came back from Vietnam with a Purple heart and all four limbs still attached.

The book hasn't even come out yet and I think you guys have a real credibility problem. We'll see what the Sunday talking heads have to say but I suspect there will be more discussion about the group's credibility that Kerry's military record.

This sounds like one big clusterf*ck to me. And I hope the really sincere Vets in your group are NOT made fools of. God help you if that happens.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where there's smoke, pilotguy....

Why do you think the backlash has been so great?

The Swifts are having a major impact.

I like the Fox All Stars, but really, they've been inside the Beltway so long that they don't know how this ad is playing with Mr. and Mrs. America.

They certainly don't know how it's playing with veterans.

I do. I'm watching a lot of boards and this is everywhere and it's big. And everything the Kerry Kampf does in retaliation just lends more credibility to the Swifts... if there hadn't been such an immediate cry of "foul" and accusations about hiring a private investigator to dig up "dirt," the Swifts would still be scraping and digging, trying to get a foothold on some air time.

As it is, they have now been given a national platform in the media. And they've conducted themselves admirably and spoken eloquently.

They're playing well out here in middle America.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Beltway Boys and it was Mort Kondracke who made the comment. He based those comments on the alleged retraction by George Elliott that the Boston Globe reported. The problem is Kondracke didn't do his homework as George Elliott issued a statement with an affidavit saying he had been misquoted by the Boston Globe. Both Sean Hannity and Joe Scarborough reported that George Elliot said he was misquoted Friday. It's strange Kondracke didn't know that.

I also think you should not try to intimidate people into not donating to SBVT with your claims that names will be published of donors. The intimidation tactic tells me both the left and the Kerry campaign are very afraid of the ad and SBVT.

Last edited by Lily on Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
SharpTalons
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the Kerry/Edwards team and the DNC are using Fox News as a reference. It is comical. They cry about them constantly and now suddenly they are exhibit A. What planet am I living on? And then on top of this strange phenomenon, the Kerry/Edwards response team is selectively using quotes out of context from mainstream periodicals to support their claims. Its the equivalent to trying to clean a muddy car with a dirty rag. It doesn't work.
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since I heard about all this and really researched it, I've had this really big feeling inside that this has some SERIOUS legs. kerry and his people are scared to death of this, or their people in the shadows wouldn't be trying so hard to kill it. When you are on the side of truth, you don't need to send out hundreds of lawyers all over the country, threaten tv and radio stations with slander suits if they run it, and do everything they can to discredit and deny good honorable veterans simply exercising their freedom of speech. But then, freedom of speech is really only for political liberals after all huh? I've thought that for years. Seeing how the kerry people are responding to this, now I am convinced that is how they see this. If you're a conservative or in the military. You simply have the right to shut up and do what a liberal says. I think NOT! Evil or Very Mad Not anymore! Know truth. No Kerry.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: I hope you guys know what you are doing... Reply with quote

PilotGuy wrote:
I was just watching the Beltway Boys on Fox and one of the commentators, Kondrake or Barnes, I don't know who's who, just came right out and said this whole thing is a disaster... FOX NEWS for God sakes. Even O'Reilly is not taking this seriously.

Perhaps it's time for the erudite members of the "Beef or Chicken?" circuit to step aside and let the heavy-lifters pass through as they have always done.

God forbid that a one short of unanimous group of Combat Veterans would have the TEMERITY to attempt to alert their fellow American's to an impending danger. And just WHY does it make the talking heads...um...uncomfortable? Could it be, perhaps, that it is their own STUNNING failure to do THEIR job that gave this charlatan an implicit imprimatur in the minds of a public so pathetically uninformed?

Yeah...it's risky Pilot. But so is John Kerry...and the American public is going to be informed of that fact despite the discomfort at the next National Press Club luncheon.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the concern about the Open Secrets (527) website? I certainly didn't see anything there that would cause me to question SwiftVets? Wow, their largest contributor gave $100,000? (like that's a big deal!)

If anything, Open Secrets just lost THEIR credibility with me. Whoever wrote the profile about SwiftVets wrote: "The group's donors include some major Republican contributors." I don't trust anyone that feels they have to play the partisan card.

Thanks to SwiftVets and the publicity they're getting - people here are paying attention now! They're looking a little deeper and beginning to question a little, too.

Keep in mind the "threat" all the networks received! Don't be so naive.

Big Media needs Big Government and Big Government needs Big Media!

I'm a young woman and even I understand what that means!
keefer fm MD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a big listener of talk radio and a vet who barely missed Vietnam, I am 100% behind you guys and I agree that this is haing a big impact. The increase in libs calling the talk shows is one example--they're coming out of the woodwork! It's great!

And the partisan press, which hasn't done its job in the past with this issue, is still not doing its job. They should be seeking out some of you for your take on this; instead, they're doing their best to discredit you by letting their "experts" slam your efforts.

I remember when Kerry's Vietnam service(?) first broke--when he first started talking about it during the primaries. As soon as I heard about his four-month "TAD," his three, rapid-fire, band-aid Purple Hearts, I knew something was amiss. When the news of the book broke, along with some of the SwiftVets going on talk radio, I wasn't surprised. The libs are faking surprise, blaming the Bush campaign, grasping at straws. They've had "soft money" slamming Bush for months; you guys are far more credible than the 527's such as moveOn. You guys were there; your story needs to be heard.

Keep it up, guys; I'm loving this! SwiftVets rock!
LT 'D' Co. Fwd Spt 86bde
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: We Know What We Are Doing!!! Exposing a Candidate.... Reply with quote

Whats Joh Kerry got to hide, why is he so afraid??? Is he worried that he might have been found out about long ago mis-deeds???

John Kerry started this by stating he is a real genuine hero and this is the basis for his qualifications to be president.

Ok, so I want to know all there is about his awards and purple hearts...I want not just his word, but I want to see the records and listen to all that were involved.

If there is any question about them, I want to hear the arguements ...I will be te judge of John Kerry with my vote in November....and it aint looking good for John....

LT "D"
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the guy on Beltway boys said "This is a disaster", it was on the context that the ad was a disaster for the Kerry campaign, and ultimately they agreed that this thing needs to be investigated.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: I hope you guys know what you are doing... Reply with quote

PilotGuy wrote:
I hope the guys that are running this show know what their doing and I hope to God they are NOT exploiting Vets for their own political purposes.

I could almost take this post as Dem-sounding PSYOPS: pessimism and criticism without suggesting alternatives. Sound familiar?

What would you suggest, that the SwiftVets just sucked it in and remained silent?

FDL
Shelleys43
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: How Inspiring Indeed! Reply with quote

I could'nt agree with you more. This story is going to BLOW WIDE OPEN next week. I must say how INSPIRED I am by the bravery of these SWIFT BOAT VETERANS!! wow ..to take on the whole DNC Machine , Hollywood and George Soros what a truly wonderful sight to behold.

YOU ARE MY HEROS!!

Very Enthusiastically
Shell

RocketFett wrote:
Ever since I heard about all this and really researched it, I've had this really big feeling inside that this has some SERIOUS legs. kerry and his people are scared to death of this, or their people in the shadows wouldn't be trying so hard to kill it. When you are on the side of truth, you don't need to send out hundreds of lawyers all over the country, threaten tv and radio stations with slander suits if they run it, and do everything they can to discredit and deny good honorable veterans simply exercising their freedom of speech. But then, freedom of speech is really only for political liberals after all huh? I've thought that for years. Seeing how the kerry people are responding to this, now I am convinced that is how they see this. If you're a conservative or in the military. You simply have the right to shut up and do what a liberal says. I think NOT! Evil or Very Mad Not anymore! Know truth. No Kerry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: I hope you guys know what you are doing... Reply with quote

[quote="PilotGuy"]
Another concern of mine. Vets should know that donations to 527's are a matter of public record. It took me less than a minute to find this:

The book hasn't even come out yet and I think you guys have a real credibility problem. We'll see what the Sunday talking heads have to say but I suspect there will be more discussion about the group's credibility that Kerry's military record.

[quote]

Public record? Really? Is that some kind of threat?

Credibility problem? The media has kept this under wraps for three months. They're the ones with credibility problem. They're all scrambling to cover their collective a---s!

What's your stake in this Mr. Pilot man? Are you really concerned about some poor misguided vets being used by "Them" or are you more concerned with the credibility problem that is being created for the purple heart hunter?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And what "Political Purposes" would that be, PilotGuy? I don't know of any Swift Boat Vet that is currently running for office. Kerry is the only one I know of and he threw away his membership in the brotherhood when he tossed whoevers medals those were over the White House fence.

He is also the only one I see exploiting anything concerning Vietnam or veterans. I have yet to meet anyone that performed heroically that goes around and braggs to everyone about it, especially after they declared it was illegal, immoral and criminal.

It would appear to me that it is Kerry exploiting his small "band of brothers," not the Swifties.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: I hope you guys know what you are doing... Reply with quote

PilotGuy wrote:

http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527eventsdetail.asp

Damn! I contributed $100 and they left me off!

A**holes!

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: