SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feeding of Trolls and Supporting Swift Vets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Feeding of Trolls and Supporting Swift Vets Reply with quote

Now that the mission of the Swift Boat Vets has reached National prominence, the boards in here are beginning to fill with "trolls". For the uninitiated, Trolls come into boards like this with the sole purpose of writing posts that are designed to inflame regular users to a point where they will waste all their time responding to the trolls inflammatory posts.

That said, I would like do two things:

1.) Identify a key group of phrases that many liberal trolls use

2.) Give some text that can be cut and pasted to respond

3.) Satify my urge to respond without feeding the troll. Okay, so I fail on this and feed the troll. I ask your forgiveness...Smile

I found this snippet from a troll in another thread:

Quote:
I like many of my fellow Americans feel betrayed. We who no longer feel good about Iraq feel the president took advantage of our vulnerability and anger from September 11th. He took advantage of our patriotism, our love of country, and support for our troops to extend the war into Iraq.

Okay, we have all heard this, right?

...BETRAYED...TOOK ADVANTAGE...WE WHO NO LONGER FEEL GOOD ABOUT IRAQ (implying that they did feel good about it once)

Here are some ways to respond:

Took advantage of our vulnerability and anger? Oh, so he could get re-elected, right? Simply to become a "War President"?

<SARCASM ON>Oh, Bush and his team are such mad, evil political geniuses!<SARCASM OFF>

So you say HE KNEW there were no Weapons of Mass Destruction? HE KNEW in advance, but attacked anyway using that as a rationale? Here we have a classic argument a mile wide and a micron deep. So, if HE KNEW...what do you think he was going to do when we had troops and reporters on the ground and no weapons were found? Were they going to "make up" some weapons as evidence? Were they going to order all the troops to say "yes they were there, and we destroyed them so that is why we can't show you any"?

You suppose that Karl Rove, Vice President Cheney, Condoleeza Rice and Donald Rumsfeld sat around and figured this out over a beer in Texas at the ranch, decided that taking advantage of the nation's fear and pain by taking over Iraq (because Bush wanted to "get even" with him for attacking his daddy) was the best way to get re-elected?

And not once did someone out of this stellar group clear their throat in a moment of silence and say: "Er...so we take over the country using WMD as our primary reason. Okay. Umm...what is our plan when people start asking for proof once we have troops in country?"

Now, I know this isn't the Sixties, and John Kerry's hair does look more establishment now, but...WHAT IS THE LEFT SMOKING????

Point is, no matter what President Bush does, the "Angry Left" is not going to be happy anyway. If President Bush had not put troops in Iraq, the Left would be screaming today that he had not done enough to protect the country (which they are anyway)

The interesting thing about 9/11 is that it made all those on the Left hold their nose and do things they did not want to do, because they had no choice but to concur with the MAJORITY of Americans who recognized that we had been attacked and were now (and will be) at war. The people like Pelosi, Daschle and Kennedy could not tell the country what they REALLY think, because that would BETRAY THEM for what they are. They had to pretend to be patriots, they had to pretend to care a whit about the military, they had to pretend that they would ever consider using force to unseat a dictator, instead of trying to talk them into capitulating, and they had to pretend that they think they way most Americans do, which, of course, they do not.

President Bush is by no means perfect. But you must give him credit. He has not flip-flopped one iota on this. He is clear about his intents and purposes. He may come from a now-powerful and monied family, but he has a lot more in common with your average American than John Kerry or John Edwards ever will, because he thinks the way many of us do. He believes America is inherently good, not inherently bad. He not only sees no problem with evangelizing the American set of values to oppressed people around the world, he views it as our duty to do so.

As John Kerry has so eloquently shown, from his support of the Sandanistas in Nicaragua in the 1980's, to his condemnation of the Bombing of Libya in 1987 and his opposition to the first Gulf War, his sympathies lie with those who oppose American values.

His disdain for the military and his distrust for the intelligence communities is easily discerned from his voting record in the Senate.

The Swift Boat Vets know what many Americans do not yet know, that John Kerry is a man who will say anything, fabricate anything, to become President. They saw this in their short service with him in Vietnam. We must support and help them in their cause, no matter the cost.

John Kerry made this the focal point, not the Swift Boat Vets. I am a Massachusetts resident, and the shame I feel at having Kerry and Kennedy as my Senators is a constant source of pain for me. But, as one of the Swifties said in an interview, (I paraphrase, forgive the inaccuracy) "As long as he was just a Senator up there in Massachusetts, we figured he wasn't going to do much harm." Well, he is looking to get into a position to do harm. And he is using his naval service as a centerpiece to get there.

I urge everyone to get this message out, send it to everyone you know. I have written a letter to the Boston Globe, but I do not believe they have the courage to print it. (It is more moderately worded than this post, for the "liberal masses" up here)

Let's take this message to the people!
RNO
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and will pass it to my friends and other sites...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course there's a second alternative to "handling trolls". Don't respond and PM a moderator. Smile
rlmorel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true...hope I didn't step on any toes...
Bob
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second about sending the mods links to the trolls posts. We are putting together a good team, I think, and don't mind dealing with trolls. It's not the most fun, but we need to ensure the Swiftvets have their right to be heard also.

Although we'd prefer you don't feed the trolls, if you just have to, which we all have done, please don't copy and paste their inflammatory comments all throughout the thread. It becomes just that much more we mods have to clean up, tying up time where we could be cleaning out other posts.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: