SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A "stray WMD" that had been scavenged by militants
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: A "stray WMD" that had been scavenged by militants Reply with quote

From http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/5/17/152705.shtml ("Sarin Bomb Explodes in Iraq"):

"Two former weapons inspectors, Hans Blix and David Kay, said the shell was likely a stray weapon that had been scavenged by militants and did not signify that Iraq had large stockpiles of such weapons."

Note the language of these two talking heads. Just a stray WMD...but there were no "stockpiles."

It will be interesting to see the multiple layers of spin, onion-like, that are spewed by the apologist left as more of these "stray WMD" are found.

What is sarin?
http://cfrterrorism.org/weapons/sarin.html

One of the world’s most dangerous chemical warfare agents. Sarin is an extremely toxic substance that disrupts the nervous system, overstimulating muscles and vital organs. It can be inhaled as a gas or absorbed through the skin. In high doses, sarin suffocates its victims by paralyzing the muscles around their lungs. One hundred milligrams of sarin—about one drop—can kill the average person in a few minutes if he or she’s not given an antidote. Experts say sarin is more than 500 times as toxic as cyanide.

Does excusing this find as just "a stray WMD" sound like good, Western-style military thinking?

Last edited by fortdixlover on Mon May 17, 2004 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have sworn conservatives here were insisting that Saddam had WMD's before Desert Storm! In fact, he was Bush's buddy even after he'd used nerve gas on his own people.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
I could have sworn conservatives here were insisting that Saddam had WMD's before Desert Storm! In fact, he was Bush's buddy even after he'd used nerve gas on his own people.

Dear Military Friends,

As you can see, Sparky's post requires no further comment.

As more "stray WMD's" are found, you will see increasingly shrill, irrational posts from the left. That includes Teddy Kennedy, and John "Hanoi Jane" Kerry.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't for a minute think that this is a "Stray WMD" , what I believe is that one of Sadaam's ex-military guys has told Al Qaida where the shells were buried. The shells have to be fired from a Howitzer for the binary chemicals to mix though. Using them as IED's will cause only a small amount of mixing (scattering the component chemicals without mixing) and only a small amount of SARIN will be created. If these guys get their hands on a 155mm Howitzer we are in deep doo-doo until we can knock it out.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colmurph wrote:
I don't for a minute think that this is a "Stray WMD" , what I believe is that one of Sadaam's ex-military guys has told Al Qaida where the shells were buried. The shells have to be fired from a Howitzer for the binary chemicals to mix though. Using them as IED's will cause only a small amount of mixing (scattering the component chemicals without mixing) and only a small amount of SARIN will be created. If these guys get their hands on a 155mm Howitzer we are in deep doo-doo until we can knock it out.

"Stray weapon" is the term used by Hans Blix and other imbeciles as "spin" on this recent find. They call this imbecility "nuance."

It's kind of like saying "oh, we just found a stray beheaded corpse in the pantry. Must not mean anything. It doesn't mean there's stockpiles of them in the cemetary or terrorists around who would do such a thing."

Last edited by fortdixlover on Mon May 17, 2004 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colmurph wrote:

http://www.bentoncourier.com/articles/2004/05/15/ap/Headlines/d82khq5o0.txt

At a Baghdad press conference Monday, Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt, the chief military spokesman in Iraq, said he believed that insurgents who rigged the artillery shell as a bomb did not know that it contained the nerve agent. The dispersal of the nerve agent from such a rigged device is very limited, he said.

Somone in a news group had an interesting observation.
If the insurgents did not know what they had they do now. If there was a stockpile - or any more at all - They now would know what it is and where they got the thing.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
If there was a stockpile - or any more at all - They now would know what it is and where they got the thing.

IF there were a stockpile? You think someone just left two lying around?

Old saying in medicine:

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. And certainly not unicorns.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over there think burros.

Montana
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:

A well known conservative once said, "Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicityand secrecy, to continue to do so."

John Kerry
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
sparky wrote:

A well known conservative once said, "Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicityand secrecy, to continue to do so."

John Kerry

I guess that would be points against his being the best of Presidential materia when he swallowed Bush's lies.
But then Bush and company believed someone elses lies. And I see that administrations favorite liar that geve so much advice that could be used to justify going to war is still in there giving the administration his advice.
As of 14 minutes ago. Folks can do their own google news search on Chalabi and see how he is doing.
Is he really going to be part of the new Iraqi government that Bush is going to turn Iraq over to?
LOL - I suppose that he won't be one to be making state visits to Jordan where he would lokely to be promptly arrested.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
carpro wrote:
sparky wrote:

John Kerry

I guess that would be points against his being the best of Presidential materia when he swallowed Bush's lies.
But then Bush and company believed someone elses lies. And I see that administrations favorite liar that geve so much advice that could be used to justify going to war is still in there giving the administration his advice.
As of 14 minutes ago. Folks can do their own google news search on Chalabi and see how he is doing.
Is he really going to be part of the new Iraqi government that Bush is going to turn Iraq over to?
LOL - I suppose that he won't be one to be making state visits to Jordan where he would lokely to be promptly arrested.

Open mouth, insert foot, craig and then laugh some more.

That quote was from 1998.

LOL LOL LOL LOL
Craig

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="carpro"][quote="Craig"][quote="carpro"]
sparky wrote:

snip

Open mouth, insert foot, craig and then laugh some more.

That quote was from 1998.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Okay - I was off on that one.
Gotta love your gleeful outburst.
That was back in the administration that bombed the daylights out of a pill factory and I think took a year to admit that there never was any real evidence that it was anything but a pill factory.
Seems that the world pretty much took it for granted that Saddam had stuff hid.
But when it came to going to war over it much of the world wanted better evidence than the ******** they were being presented.
Turns out that the people who said that the evidence was snot sufficient to prove a case were right - even if the did take it for granted that Saddam had the goods.
What was Kerry advocating with that quote you quote anyway? Was he wanting to go to war or to blow something up or just badmouthing?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know for sure what he was defending or talking about. It was during a press conference 2/23/98 and he mentioned it being a threat to the middle east and other regions. He even said " It is a threat with respect to the potential of terrorists activities on a global basis." I only have an excerpt of the press conference.
Craig

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
Don't know for sure what he was defending or talking about. It was during a press conference 2/23/98 and he mentioned it being a threat to the middle east and other regions. He even said " It is a threat with respect to the potential of terrorists activities on a global basis." I only have an excerpt of the press conference.

I dunno. Seems I recall Clinton administration blwoing up what he thought was some WMD some tiem or other - in Iraq, not the Sudan pill factory.
He would never have gotten congress to let him do more than bomb some **** now and again even without being accused of crap he was accused that he made his self vulnerable because his balls was bigger than his brain. I never did think that he was irresponsible enough to bomb something to distract from his famous BJ though.

LOL - Hey! I would go along with Kerry being a liar. How does one know he is a liar? He managed to climb the political ladder far enough to get in the running for president.
Maybe the more successful liars are ones who can get competent people to lie for them early on in their career. Sad
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how far the goal posts are moving. Before the war we had tons of Anthrax and Sarin, not to mention muchroom clouds over our cities.

Now we have sideless mobile weapons RV's, 1 Sarin gas shell that detonated but only caused eye irratation and a vial of Botox in the fridge of an old scientist.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: