SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keeping the Pressure on Part II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Keeping the Pressure on Part II Reply with quote

Here is a verbatum copy of an email I just sent Sen. Hatch:

Dear Sen. Hatch,

I am a Vietnam Veteran. I served a tour of duty in Vietnam 1969-70 as a "Grunt Marine" (infantry), I was 18. I was honorably Discahrged in 1975. I am a card carrying Republican and voted the Republican ticket in the last election. I am currently 70% disabled for PTSD. It took 30 years for me to find out, the fault was on my end.

The Demo campaign has tried to show the country the John Kerry was a war hero. As you know this may not be the case. There are alot of unanswered questions surrounding this man, like his trip to Paris, and his meeting with the enemy while still in the Navy. HIs trip or trips to Hanoi with Jane Fonda, ad nausium.

I have a hunch you've seen what the SwiftVets and POW's for Truth ads prior to the election. That in of it self raises questions.

Now that the Election is over, and the American people have re-elected our president, and subsequently rejected John Kerry, the question still remains concerning John Kerry’s service in the United States Navy, and his actions in the early 1970's.

Although he is no longer a presidential candidate, he still is a member of our Government. The American people have the right to know about the Senators and Representatives who are our law makers.

John Kerry has been suspiciously rejecting the opportunity that America has given him, to sign the standard DOD form 180, releasing all of his records to the public. By not complying with this reasonable request, he alienated a number of people who would have voted for him, and just may have been the thing that cost him the election.

The American people still need to know the truth about John Kerry! What is he hiding from us? That is the question the media should be asking?

Can you Help?

Please don't 'spin' it for me, just a plain answer to a plain question

Thank you Sir!

Ralph V Hilton

I sent the same Email to Sen. Bennett (R-Utah)

/0

-Maj

Grunt Marine - Vietnam 1969-70
Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greets!

I ws looking at the main page of this website where the petition is (I signed it), it shows: 112,905 signatures to date. That is as of today. If each one would write a short email to the Senators and Congressmen/woman I'm sure it would be something that cannot be ignored.

Just a thought though....

/0

-Maj

Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUst got back from a 14 day trip that included the joy of the election outcome. I am willing to participate in any effort to get Kerry to release his DOD form 180, he owes that to the American people.
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my second Email to Senator Hatch and Bennett:

Dear Senator Hatch,

It's me again.

My wife and I were wondering about the UCMJ and why charges were not brought against Kerry at the time of his visit to Paris and meetings with the enemy, and the wintersoldier hearings as he was still in the Navy, his military obligation had not ended yet, the date it ended was 17 Feb 1972, if the documentation is to be believed. He was still in the service during the Paris visit with enemy and the hearings.

Our first thought was the UCMJ and statute of limitations....

Here was our answer.

Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) ART. 43. STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS

(a) A person charged with absence without leave or missing movement in time of war, or with any offense punishable by death, may be tried at any time without limitation.

The important part of this article is "or with any offense punishable by death".

Here are a couple of articles Kerry broke as he was still under the UCMJ, they are VERY clear.

904. ART. 104. AIDING THE ENEMY
Any person who--

(1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or

(2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or [protects or gives intelligence to or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly; shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct.

906a. ART. 106a. ESPIONAGE?
(A)
(1) Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent or reason to believe that it is to be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of a foreign nation, communicates, delivers, or transmits, or attempts to communicate, deliver, or transmit, to any entity described in paragraph (2), either directly or indirectly, any thing described in paragraph (3) shall be punished as a court-martial may direct, except that if the accused is found guilty of an offense that directly concerns
(A) nuclear weaponry, military spacecraft or satellites, early warning systems, or other means of defense or retaliation against large scale attack,
(B) war plans,
(C) communications intelligence or cryptographic information, or
(D) any other major weapons system or major element of defense strategy, the accused shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.
(2) An entity referred to in paragraph (1) is--
(A) a foreign government;
(B) a faction or party or military force within a foreign country, whether recognized or unrecognized by the United States
(C) a representative, officer, agent, employee, subject, or citizen of such government, faction, party, or force.
(3) A thing refereed to in paragraph (1) is a document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, note, instrument, appliance or information relating to the national defense. (b) (1) No person may be sentenced by court-martial to suffer death for an offense under this section (article) unless-- (A) the members of the court-martial unanimously find at least one of the aggravating factors set out in subsection (c); and
(B) the members unanimously determine that any extenuating or mitigating circumstances are substantially outweighed by any aggravating circumstances, including the aggravating factors set out under subsection (c). (2) Findings under this subsection may be based on--
(A) evidence introduced on the issue of guilt or innocence;
(B) evidence introduced during the sentencing proceeding; or
(C) all such evidence. (3) The accused shall be given broad latitude to present matters in extenuation and mitigation.
(c) A sentence of death may be adjudged by a court-martial for an offense under this section (article) only if the members unanimously find, beyond a reasonable doubt, one or more of the following aggravating factors:
(1) The accused has been convicted of another offense involving espionage or treason for which either a sentence of death or imprisonment for life was authorized by statute.
(2) In the commission of the offense, the accused knowingly created a grave risk of substantial damage to the national security.
(3) In the commission of the offense, the accused knowingly created a grave risk of death to another person.
(4) Any other factor that may be prescribed by the President by regulations under section 836 of this title (Article 36).

Kerrys Paris talks with the enemy, probably arranged by his Dad as he was over our Embassy in Paris at some point and had the right connections. Both of these articles carrry the death penalty, and fall under article 43. As I understand it.

I have no-idea what was said by Kerry during his exchanges with the enemy, do you? The fact that he was talking to them and admitted it to the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, April 22, 1971. An admission of guilt? Thats unfathomable! (see article on a recent case, SPC Ryan G. Anderson, he's been tried and Convicted (UCMJ Art. 104?) for just attempting to meet with al-quada) That's today, after Vietnam, did the law (UCMJ) change since VietNam?

Why was Kerry not charged then or now with aiding the enemy or espinoge or both? No statute of limitations according to UCMJ Art. 43.

Look at how the whole thing, Paris talks with the enemy, and Winter Soldier, both of these had severe affect on our POW's, and returning vets? They are still affected today. I'm not going to get into the VVAW conspiracy to assassisinate key US Political figures at that time, Kerry was at the meeting(s) or so my research shows or he wasn't as the DEMO spin-doctors show.

Why is he untouchable?

Unless this whole Paris affair was a sanctioned CIA Op. Then I could understand it not comming to light because of "National Security" Reasons. Someone needs to come out and say this is so. It still does not prevent him from signing the DOD form 180 or does it?

In my opinion, this whole affair deserves a closer look.

This is more heinous than the Watergate Break-in or the Iran-Contra Affair . At least they were tried and convicted of thier crimes against the people of the United States. (Kerry affected 1000's of Vets and POWs, whose stay at the Hanoi Hilton was extended 2 years or more.)

Thank you for reading this Sir!

Ralph V. Hilton
Former USMC "Grunt"
Vietnam Tour 1969-70
Honorable Discharge 1975

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please understand Brothers, I'm not trying to toot my own horn here. If I can do this anyone can.

/0

-Maj

Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOORAH, MajHavoc!

You got your points across very well and you gave him something to think about.

All of us need to be doing this. One of my Senators just changed, so I'm writing to the active one and the lame duck.

Sadly, the lame duck is the one who is most likely to take an interest in this issue, but if enough people in this state get riled about this, they'll pretty much have to pay attention.
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
OOORAH, MajHavoc!

You got your points across very well and you gave him something to think about.

All of us need to be doing this. One of my Senators just changed, so I'm writing to the active one and the lame duck.

Sadly, the lame duck is the one who is most likely to take an interest in this issue, but if enough people in this state get riled about this, they'll pretty much have to pay attention.

Thank you! I sure hope so.

I also got an email from a man that was and still is VERY familiar with Executive Order 11967. President Carters Amnesty porgram, which includes draft dodgers amnesty and 'upgrading' of discharges. I'm waiting for his permission to post his EMail to me. He was counsul to the Veteran Affairs commity during, this 'painting with a broad brush' amnesty program. If memory serves. He has credentials as long as your arm.

/0

-Maj

Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greets

BTW, feel free to cut and paste any of my emails (I used part of old salts posting in another thread in the first, thanx Old_Salt!) to the senators I've posted here. Just change the Senators name to yours. As far as I can tell and from my research the info is as accurate as I could get.

/0

-Maj

Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
OLD_SALT
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajHavoc wrote:
Greets

BTW, feel free to cut and paste any of my emails (I used part of old salts posting in another thread in the first, thanx Old_Salt!) to the senators I've posted here. Just change the Senators name to yours. As far as I can tell and from my research the info is as accurate as I could get.

/0

-Maj

U’r welcome Maj. That is what it’s all about.. “team work”. It worked for us while in the Military, and it will work for us as Veterans.
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greets!

Here's the responce to the EMail I sent him asking about Executive Order 11967, Carters Amnesty program. He never responded one way or the other on posting it here was OK or not. So here it is.

This may explain the Kerry Discharge and why he wont sign the DOD form 180.

"Dear Mr. Hilton:

Thanks for your note (and for your service).

There were two such programs. The first was Carter's amnesty for draft evaders. The second was a "Special Discharge Review Program" which created six blanket categories for upgrading bad discharges of those who had served. It's been a long time, but among them were a Purple Heart, completion of a full term of earlier service, completion of a tour in Vietnam, etc. I was counsel to the House Veterans Affairs committee when this program was announced. It was far too broad, and was intended to be the equivalent of amnesty for everyone who had gotten bad paper, except those who had BCDs and DDs. Attitude cases, bed wetters, malcontents, even deserters were going to get "good paper." We worked for months to tighten the program up to "historical standards," using the area of veterans benefits as our focus. Carter, through DOD, could call any discharge what he wanted (except for the felonies -- BCD and DD). But we required that these "false" discharged be flagged, and that a second determination be made at the VA before veterans could receive benefits.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

James Webb"

Please check his web-site out www.jameswebb.com , espescially the "About Me" link, it flat blew me away.

/0

-Maj

Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salute!

Question: Has anyone besides myself and Navy_Navy_Navy sent emails to thier elected officials?

The reason I ask is I'm curious if any of them have been answered, as of yet mine have not.

/0

-Maj

Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
OLD_SALT
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajHavoc wrote:
Salute!

Question: Has anyone besides myself and Navy_Navy_Navy sent emails to thier elected officials?

The reason I ask is I'm curious if any of them have been answered, as of yet mine have not.

/0

-Maj

I have sent emails concerning Kerry’s treasonous actions to both of my Senators (one being Senate Majority leader Bill Frist), explaining my concerns, but as of yet received an answer (except for the form “thank you for contacting me” message).

I am going to give it till the end of the week, and then send the e-mails again. I will keep sending them until I get a “real” answer from them.

I haven’t yet, but I will be composing an email, to be sent to the Department of the Navy.

Keep up the good work Maj, and God Bless.

Old Salt
MajHavoc
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply From Sen. Hatch Reply with quote

Salute!

Here's the reply I got from Sen. Hatch. I scanned it because it was a letter and not an email. It may load a little slow if you are not on broadband.

(Oversized Image Deleted by Admin)

Admin note: This image is simply way too large for this medium and makes reading this thread too difficult. Please consider transcribing the content of this letter from Senator Hatch as a text quote with a link to the original. Thanks.

It's kind of large as you could not read it if it was any smaller.

/0

-Maj

Honorable Discharge 1975
"Death Before Dishonor"
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maj Havoc,

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger there. I'm sure my two senators (Feinstein and Boxer) are also going to blow off the emails I sent them.

So we keep hammering this bastard any way we can.

We already tattooed LOSER on his forehead.
afellowvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in Viet Nam from Oct 67 to Oct 68 and May 70 to May 71 in the US Army. As I did not serve with kerry there I can't speak regarding his service there, But you fellows have a lot more credit to me, I have never heard any of you say you were the Chairman of the Senate Intellegence commette or claim that you attended a political functin in Boston at the same time as you clamed to attend a baseball game in New York. But I do know that kerry's action after he got back from Viet Nam resulted in pain, suffering and death to my fellow service members. And that is TREASON. Just today I heard he is planning on running again in 2008. Do you think he and his backers will ever realize that for some the "Vales" they voted for the President because of include not lieing. I will help in any way I can in our up coming fight to get him in prison not in the White House. Marvin D. Arnold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: