SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The whole truth?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: The whole truth? Reply with quote

I lost a brother and high school friend in Vietnam. I am proud of ALL the men that served there regardless of what they may have said and did during a time of war. Although I disagree with Kerry's action after he returned home, I cannot question his service. What bothers me more is the fact I know at least a dozen friends, co-workers etc that believe George Bush is a war hero (not Sr, but our current President). Now I know he believed in the Vietnam War, but I know he did not serve there. (Deleted by Admin) I did not vote for Kerry because I disagree with his politics. (Deleted by Admin)

Admin Note:

This forum was designed to facilitate the discussion of the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth strong conviction that John Kerry is and was unfit to serve as Commander-In-Chief.

If your defense of John Kerry can only be couched in rhetoric denigrating President Bush or within issues unrelated to our conviction, then we suggest that you find another venue for that expression.

Thank you
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Bush and Kerry Reply with quote

Justus; A closer examination will show that the Vietnam war was essentially over by mid/late 71 when President Bush was being moved to other bases. An end to the war was seriously being negotiated as early as late 71 with documents being signed in Jan/Feb 72. This is the very time Mr.Kerry was giving self-promoting speeches across the country with Jane Fonda,meeting with the enemy and extolling his valued service and medals. The physicians that treated Mr.Kerry concluded he had scratches returning him to his vessel.

Mr.Bush put in more military time than Mr.Kerry including turning over ALL of his military documents. Mr.Kerry has yet to do this.

Read Unfit for Command and historical excerpts from this website to determine a more accurate posture.

This self-absorbed,manipulating,engineering,Yale anti-war protesting Kerry of 1966-71 is the very SAME Kerry currently residing in the US senate. With a voting record of 36% in 03 and 15% in 04 he's still campaigning and self-promoting to this day. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Justus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Whole truth Reply with quote

gmez2001 thank you...but I know what Kerry did and I don't condone it one bit. I am sure there are more people than the dozen I know that believe our current President is a war hero. That is troublesome to say the least. I can only hope they are confusing him with his father. (Deleted by Admin) My brother fought a war to protect the United States from communism. He believed in it. So much he gave his life for it. Today, many men and women are fighting a war to protect the US from terrorism. They believe in it so strongly they are willing to risk their lives. (Deleted by Admin)

Admin Note:

This forum was designed to facilitate the discussion of the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth strong conviction that John Kerry is and was unfit to serve as Commander-In-Chief.

If your defense of John Kerry can only be couched in rhetoric denigrating President Bush or within issues unrelated to our conviction, then we suggest that you find another venue for that expression.

Thank you
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In fact, with Clinton and Bush winning 2 terms a new trend is now established - draft dodgers for Presidents!

Mr Bush served honorably during the Vietnam war and fullfilled his military obligation. Not serving in Vietnam does not a draft dodger make, if this were true the well over half who served in that conflict would be in that classification as not all were deployed there. There wer many other places that people were needed as that was not the only hot spot in the world at that time.

Try walking up to a man who served during that era and did not serve in Nam and call him a draft dodger, when you do make sure you have your nikes on as you will have to beat feet so as not get your ass kicked.

I served for 24 years during Korea and Vietnam, never deployed to Korea but spent the entire time aboard vessels in other parts of the world and I sure as hell was not a draft dodger

Justin, you sound a bit young and inexperienced to me, you need to get your facts strait before opening mouth and inserting foot
Justus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Roger How many of these men used their father's influence to Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
Try walking up to a man who served during that era and did not serve in Nam and call him a draft dodger, when you do make sure you have your nikes on as you will have to beat feet so as not get your a** kicked.

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin Note:

Thank you
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justus

The troops stationed in Vietnam was 475,200 in 1969, 334,600 in 1970, 156,800 in 1971 and 24,200 in 1972 and we were out of there in 1973. Of all the members of the Armed Forces serving during the VN conflict, the majority served out side of VN, did not serve in country. They were in Germany, Korea, stateside or in the Fleet off shore on Carriers, destroyers and such. When Kerry gave his testimony of lies in 71, the US was withdrawning troops faster and not replacing them. He gave his speech for political purpose and they were lies by people, some never served in the military or were never in VN. This site is against Kerry and exposing him for the fraud that he was and is still today. If you do not like President Bush, I could give a rats a** but know your facts and you should go to DU site and you will be allowed to speak all you want about Bush but nothing about Kerry.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: