SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry and SF-180
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Kerry and SF-180 Reply with quote

As Kerry will be up for re-election we should keep up the demand that he sign SF-180. Frankly, given his record of flipflops, one would think that he would embrace anything invovling doing a 180. Perhaps we should refer to any future flipflops by him as a JK-180.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I would like to see him go down in defeat - I guess this is up to the voters of Massachusetts and not Swift Vets
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry my as well hang around as a bad example and Kennedy as the designated buffoon. Neither one does anything. Remember all Kerry's legislative proposals?? { 5 min of Interminable silence} He will do at least as well in the future. His biggest problem is when he opens his mouth.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will hem, he will haw and finally he will flip flop and not sign the SF 180. Any bets?

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Judicial Watch...(reformated for presentation)

Quote:
February 2, 2005

BY HAND DELIVERY

Honorable John F. Kerry
United States Senate

304 Russell Senate Office Building

Washington, DC 20510

Re: Standard Form 180

Dear Senator Kerry:

Attached, you will find a Standard Form 180 (SF 180), “Request Pertaining to Military Records.” On Sunday, January 30, 2005, during an appearance on the NBC News show “Meet the Press,” moderator Tim Russert asked you if you would sign an SF 180 and release all of your military records. You answered Mr. Russert plainly:

MR. RUSSERT: Would you sign Form 180?

SEN. KERRY: Yes, I will.*

Judicial Watch requests that you keep your word to the American public and execute the attached SF 180 immediately. In Section III (“Return Address and Signature”) of the form, please have your records sent to:

Judicial Watch, Inc.
501 School Street, SW
Washington, DC 20024

We appreciate your stated commitment to finally putting the controversy surrounding your naval service to rest. Judicial Watch is committed to transparency, accountability and integrity in government. We intend to post all of the records we receive from Navy Personnel Command on our Internet site: www.JudicialWatch.org.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this important matter.

Sincerely,

JUDICIAL WATCH, INC.

Thomas Fitton
President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* NBC News, “Meet the Press,” Sunday, January 30, 2005, Moderator: Tim Russert - NBC News; Guests: Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), Brian Williams, Anchor and Managing Editor, NBC Nightly News; Updated: 11:24 a.m. ET Jan. 30, 2005; found at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6886726/.

Judicial Watch
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Corsi will press this issue and hopefully through the blogs Kerry will be forced to release the 180 or go down in defeat.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants to post a link to the video of Kerry on Meet The Press to blogs, here is the link.

www.swiftboatarchives.com

SBD
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
As much as I would like to see him go down in defeat - I guess this is up to the voters of Massachusetts and not Swift Vets

Agreed,it's not up to the swifties to release their 180's Kerry's running for office. I guess the Massachusetts voters will decide who the want for another 4 years.
Kerry's voting record--attendance in 03--37% and 04--18%.
Certainly hope Corsi can beat him, he's got his hands full with this manipulator.

Last edited by gmez2001 on Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard about Judical Watch requesting his signature..

How long can he duck it now that he went on TV saying right out he would sign it? I hope there are some independent reporters that will press him on the issue.. Every time he shows up in public, there should be someone there holding his feet to the fire...

Cool

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:
Certainly hope Corsi can beat him he's got his hands full with this manipulator.

I'm unconvinced that Jerry Corsi has any concern about actually winning the election...he "wins" when Kerry loses his Senate seat.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing's for certain. Terry's Poodle's first step now will be to call for Corsi to sign Form 180, realeasing all his records. Since they'll be running for the same office, perhaps he should do it now to defuse any news about what's there. The old media will have almost three years to examine every iota. Such action would place enormous pressure on Terry's Poodle but I doubt if we have anything that would coerce him to come clean.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry appeared on Don Imus' program this morning. Imus mentioned the SF-180. Kerry's answer (and the entire interview) are available at the following location:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6928257/
GM Strong

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jette wrote:
Kerry appeared on Don Imus' program this morning. Imus mentioned the SF-180. Kerry's answer (and the entire interview) are available at the following location:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6928257/

Imus is about his speed.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will sign the SF 180 as soon as Dan Rather can get the real records prepared. They need to be re-created from memory. To accomplish this they have hired a private comapny called Delusional, Inc. Headquartered in the backroom of a Texas Kinko's.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Form 180, he can request a A DELETED Report of Separation which means he can proclaim to everyone he signed Form 180 without releasing any new information.

SECTION II – INFORMATION AND/OR DOCUMENTS REQUESTED
1. REPORT OF SEPARATION(DD Form 214 or equivalent). This contains information normally needed to verify military service. A copy may be sent to the veteran, the deceased veteran's next of kin, or other persons or organizations if authorized in Section III, below. NOTE: If more than one period of service was performed, even in the same branch, there may be more than one Report of Separation. Be sure to show EACH year that a Report of Separation was issued, for which you need a copy.

An UNDELETED Report of Separation is requested for the year(s)
This normally will be a copy of the full separation document including such sensitive items as the character of separation, authority for separation, reason for separation, reenlistment eligibility code, separation (SPD/SPN) code, and dates of time lost. An undeleted version is ordinarily required to determine eligibility for benefits.

A DELETED Report of Separation is requested for the year(s)
The following information will be deleted from the copy sent: authority for separation, reason for separation, reenlistment eligibility code, separation(SPD/SPN) code, and for separations after June 30, 1979, character of separation and dates of time lost.

Link to Form 180 on the NARA website.

SBD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: