SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steve Gardner on Bill Oreilly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Steve Gardner on Bill Oreilly Reply with quote

Yep, Steve appeared briefly on BOR! BOR has put Steve's resume up on his website asking employers in North & South Carolina to take a look at it.

Way to go, Steve!

note: Topic updated
breezy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i caught it and have to admit as gruff as oreilly can be he was genuine in wanting to get this done perhaps to brag that the oreilly audiance is the most giving and strong etc etc . the bottom line he did right for a huge change .. kudos to bill and god bless steve and
his !!!! what an angelic and most wonderful man......i think i shall send him a little jan surprise .. we each are so blessed with so much and all of were most blessed with the plight of these soldiers .. Steve and all of his deserve nothing but the very best for 2005 and for always for all his passion and caring .
that first video still haunts my mind .. wow talk about making a difference .. xoxoxo
always breezy
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OReilly could have torn Steve up. He didn't......but like LTG Hal Moore says on LZRay.com........[url]"What am I doing that I SHOULD NOT be doing, and what am I not doing that I SHOULD BE DOING to influence the situation in my favor?[/url]

Somethings up OReilly's sleeve.....I approach it with *major caution*
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Steve Gardner was just on Bill Oreilly tonight Reply with quote

I was surprised at this because so many of us were disappointed at Bill O'Reilly's dismissal of the Swiftees before the election. I guess BOR is trying to make amends, since the majority of voters agreed with the Swiftees.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe! I will assume you are correct armywife. Hugs and best wishes to you and yours!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to watch BOR anymore so I missed it. It's good that
he had Steve Gardner on, but I agree with Streetsweeper.
Major Caution! I am so P****D off at him for his dismissive
treatment of the Swiftvets. He will have to do a complete 180 turnaround
before I watch him again.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:

Yeh,I've got the same problem with BOR and have tuned him out till further notice.
I will however give him an email of thanks.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmez2001 wrote:
shawa wrote:

Yeh,I've got the same problem with BOR and have tuned him out till further notice.
I will,however,give him an email of thanks.

Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gota give OReilly his due on this one. I checked his Web page and he has the Link prominently displayed where people can E-Mail to offer Steve Gardner a job.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
Gota give OReilly his due on this one. I checked his Web page and he has the Link prominently displayed where people can E-Mail to offer Steve Gardner a job.

With 8,000 website members and 70,000 donors somebody will come up with a job for this courageous individual.
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos for O'Reilly? I think not!

If BOR, and the rest of the "Go Kerry-Go Hero" talking-heads had simply performed the ethical responsibilities of their highly-paid jobs, instead of, out of hand, disrespectfully dismissing, and demeaning a multitude of honorable Swiftboat Veterans--had these miscreants simply done the objective journalistic vetting that was demanded by the vitally important ramifications of a national election for a Commander in Chief, during a time of war, and honestly reported the findings--chances are Mr. Gardener would not have felt the need to become as involved publically, and would not have been "non-politically downsized" in the first place!

Mr. O'Reilly stupidly or self-servingly jumped in the dirt and wallowed around with the rest of the vandalous media, and apparently, now that a majority of clear-thinking Americans have rejected BO's wrong-headed "opining," he is hoping to clean-up his tarnished image.

It speaks volumes about BOR and his ilk, that it took "guys sitting around in their pajamas in front of home-computers" to dispute the lies promulgated by the left-leaning (or in BOR's case, self-serving) propaganda machine, and to make the real difference during this election cycle.

We are still waiting for your signed 180, Mr Kerry!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly's problem is that he never served in the military, so there's a lot that he just doesn't "get". He did a good interview with John O'Neill, and then turned back around and talked the other side again. He simply cannot understand why honor is so important to military people, and he doesn't understand the structure and responsibilites. To those of us that have close family in the military, or have served in the military, it was obvious who was telling the truth, but to O'Reilly, the whole Swift Vets controversy looked like a he-said-she-said. When you don't understand rank and structure, then you can't understand why the Swift Vets are more credible than a few guys on the same boat for a few days. I don't say that to excuse BOR, in any way, but as a caution.

I know I've posted it before, but it bears repeating that as the numbers of people in our country who have served in the military drops, more and more of the populace is similarly unable to sift the facts. We all must continue to explain more to our friends and neighbors. Too often what they hear are the military stories where things went wrong, without a clear explanation of how it was supposed to have been done right, or how it goes right most of the time. The story of how you got into trouble once may be funny, but you've gotta follow it up with better information.

Another glaring example of O'Reilly's lack of understanding is when he "opines" about Iraq. He somehow thinks that it's possible to get tough and crack down on insurgents WITHOUT risk! It's laughable to most of us on this board, but he has an awful lot of Americans agreeing with him. They say that the American casualty rate is too high when at the same time they say we should do more. It's like that crazy story where Bill Clinton supposedly asked if we couldn't just send in Ninjas somewhere. Maybe if they're Special Ops folks that die, but we don't all have to hear how, it won't SEEM as real, right?

Sometimes I wonder why we military families go through all of this, when half the Americans we are protecting are such knuckleheads.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armywife;

It is the other 50 % that makes it all worth it Wink
nutcase
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: ps, etal notwithstanding,,, Bill Reply with quote

Notice to BOR staff of "swift boat forum watchers"

One of you "BOR" producers who advised him to do the Steve Gardner

thing,,,, get back to old "bill" with this ,,,

He is a self-made smell,, and he must like it.

the only thing he has ever done that "is" good to see is the

COWARD ACT

he did with all frankistine

thanks for working for the fraud,, keeps you out of "honest peoples hair"

bye, bye
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:

Sometimes I wonder why we military families go through all of this, when half the Americans we are protecting are such knuckleheads.

I remember what my dad, a Korean Vet, used to say on the subject. He taught me when I was very young that the military will fight and die to protect every American's God-given right to make an idiot (sic) out of themselves. It didn't make a lot of sense to me then, but he was right. There is no other place on earth where we are so free as we are here. God Bless his soul.

And some of our fellow Americans seem to be taking every advantage of the opportunity to speak their mind. The telling part of it is everyone else realizes how much they aren't using it lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: