SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat Veterans and POW's for Truth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Swift Boat Veterans and POW's for Truth Reply with quote

Swift Boat Veterans and POW's for Truth
Excerpts reprinted with permission from Layla Gonzalez
Sunday, January 23, 2005

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=12554&catcode=13

I am disturbed with the notion that Swift Boat Veterans and POWs for Truth owe us something. One of the founders is correct that the SVPT group is made up of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. I will tell you there were and are some Libertarians that became involved. I will not restate that SVPT was formed because SVPT’s goal was to expose John Kerry for what he truly was and is. The fact is he was unfit for command and the people of this great nation have spoken.

One of the founders makes this quite clear in his statement below:

Quote:
This organization was not formed as a right wing group it was never about politics. The goal was to deny JFK, as he was not fit to be POTUS period! The SVPT group is made up of Republicans, Democrats and Independents and it was not a Republicans versus the Democrats cause. If the Democrats had not nominated JFK, we would no be talking on the site because it would not have been started.

The mainstream media tried to portray the SVPT as a right wing issue group, but that failed. Some have misunderstood why SVPT came about. Just read the statement below to see how many people view SVPT due to the mainstream media’s misinformation reported.

Quote:
So many right-wing issue groups flash brightly before disbanding once their initial objectives are met.

SVPT came about because of John Kerry’s 1971 senate committee hearing testimony. The debate Mr. Kerry had with John O'Neill in 1971 on the Dick Cavett show and that the lies told by Mr. Kerry caused a generation of Vietnam Vets and POWs the respect and honor they truly deserved for serving our country irregardless if one agreed with the Vietnam War or not. These Vets have been called rapists, baby killers; they were spat upon, laughed at, made fun of. No generation of Vets before or after have ever suffered the indignities that the Vietnam Vet and POWs have...all because of the treasonous traitor lies of one man, John Forbes Kerry.

This is why SVPT came to be. To let the American people know that Mr. Kerry was not fit to be Commander in Chief. It was not ever about a right wing agenda or being vindictive. It was about truth and vindication.

SVPT has done its job and done it well. Even those that supported Kerry could not dispute the facts and the truth. The man was a narcissist liar and had no conscience about what he said, who he hurt, how he damaged peoples reputations, how he betrayed a generation of Vietnam Vets and POWs and for what.... his own selfish personal political agenda. That is why the book he wrote is nowhere to be found.... he cannot back up one thing in it.... you cannot back up a lie. That is why in the end the truth, as in the truth of Swift Vets and POWs for Truth, key word, truth, won out in the end. The man is a living lie.

The SVPT has suffered in the past and this past year has suffered immensely, Steven Gardner is just one example of suffering the wrath of that mad man John Kerry. Let it be, let it go, the SVPT has been vindicated, they served again the American people well and valiantly. I can only hope that they will receive that well deserved parade they never received all because of the lies of one man, John Kerry. Do not ever forget that!

Sentiments of many of the members of the SVPT are as follows:

Quote:
What happened to "leave no brother behind"? The purposes of all of the Swift Boat Veterans and POWs for Truth would be better served if he were ousted from any public service now.

I am sorry, but I disagree and think this is an unfair statement and a selfish one. The SVPT has served this country well this past election year to stop John Kerry dead in his tracks. What more do you want them to do? The information is out here for all of us to utilize and oust John Kerry from running in the Senate in 2006. There are many people and organizations working on this as I myself am.

Of course, I would be sad to see SVPT fold, but if that is what they decide, then so be it. They have done their job and done it well. Dubya is President and that was the SVPT's point and goal. Mission accomplished...I am sure if you are able and willing, you can work with many a group, such as crushkerry.com to see that John Kerry is put out from Public Office permanently...we do not need the SVPT now to help us do that...because...the SVPT gave us all the ammunition we need and then some.... Let the Vets and POWs that served then and now have there due rest and a reprieve from all the suffering and grief this past year has caused them.

It has always been about John Kerry...nothing else. Job well done!

About the Writer: Layla is a freelance writer and also the founder of A Point of View Political Forum. She has lived in Saudi Arabia and Egypt, but now resides in the D.C. area. Layla receives e-mail at admin@a-point-of-view.com

Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good article, Doll. I couldn't agree more.

It's been difficult for many to understand, but our purpose was to expose and defeat Kerry, nothing else. Now that he isn't a threat to the highest office in the land, it's time for those who live in his home state to step up and use the material that has been gathered and posted to finish him off.

One group can't do it all. Sentries always get relief as someone else takes over.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Doll, excellent article! I agree!
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: It was never about politics Reply with quote

If Kerry won he would not have been vindicated. Likewise, Bush’s victory did not vindicate the SBVT. Elections don’t have anything to do with truth. They’re about votes. Truth is supported by facts.

The SBVT has done their job. Kerry has been defeated. Others should take up the job of verifying the facts to determine the truth. Because the SBVT obviously has an agenda it would be difficult for them to be perceived as impartial in getting all the facts surrounding the conflicting stories between Kerry’s “band of brothers” and the SBVT. Since their stated objective is to prove that Kerry is unfit, others may not believe that they would publish facts that would support Kerry if they discovered them.

The SBVT did a magnificent job in countering Kerry’s claims. They were a key factor in the election. They suffered by being branded as liars in 2004 just as they suffered by being branded as war criminals in the ‘70’s. They should be supported no matter what they decide to do with their organization.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digger wrote:
Aye, give the lads a rest. They well deserve it. They fought the battle for all of us and they won for all of us and so we owe them the respect they have earned from us. But that does not mean that we have any right to continually lean on them.to do the work for us. Now it's our turn to pick up the burden of the struggle. The war will not be won merely with defeating the likes of John Kerry. We must rebuild the spiritual fabric of out nation if we are to survive as a nation and as a people. Very Happy

Digger a member here and at my forum summed it up best! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: