SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Veterans Celebrate Kerry's Election Defeat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Vietnam Veterans Celebrate Kerry's Election Defeat Reply with quote

Vietnam Veterans Celebrate Kerry's Election Defeat
By Marc Morano
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
January 21, 2005

Washington (CNSNews.com) - Vietnam Veterans who opposed Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry held an "un-augural" reception on Thursday afternoon in Washington to celebrate the fact that Kerry lost the election and to honor the veterans who helped defeat him.

"We are celebrating the fact that John Kerry lost," said Jerome Corsi, co-author of the best-selling book Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry. Corsi wrote the book with former Swift Boat veteran John O'Neill.

"The whole Swift Boat effort was organized, not to re-elect George Bush but to defeat John Kerry, and that was the unifying factor that brought all the Vietnam Veterans together," Corsi told Cybercast News Service at the National Press Club reception. Cybercast News Service was the first news organization to report that Kerry's Swift Boat veterans were organizing to oppose Kerry's candidacy in May 2004.

The moderator of the reception, Lou Priebe, put it bluntly: "We are celebrating the fact that the commander in chief that raised his hand today was not John F. Kerry."

Under a banner that read "Kerry Lied, Good Men Died," the coalition of veterans groups, including Swift Boat veterans, POWs and other military veterans, declared their mission accomplished.

"These men literally changed history, because I believe that without Vietnam Veterans across the country taking a stand for the truth, this election would have gone otherwise, there is no doubt in my mind," said Carlton Sherwood, producer of the documentary "Stolen Honor," which details Kerry's "betrayal" of U.S. servicemen fighting in Vietnam.

Sherwood is an investigative reporter and thrice-wounded (and decorated) Marine Corps combat veteran. His documentary details POWs' resentment towards Kerry for what they see as his smearing of Vietnam Veterans through his anti-war activism in the early 1970s.

Kerry, in testifying before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee about the Detroit "Winter Soldier" investigations, claimed that more than 150 Vietnam veterans "testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia -- not isolated incidents, but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command...."

According to Kerry's testimony, some of the 150 veterans admitted they "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..."

But Sherwood refuted Kerry's claims about the soldiers who fought in Vietnam. "Vietnam is not a four letter word. It was fought honorably and well by men who were not war criminals," Sherwood said on Thursday.

"John Kerry still hasn't answered any of the questions that were posed to him," he added.

'We confronted his lies'

B. G. Burkett, a military researcher and author of the book Stolen Valor, which details phony veteran claims, said that Vietnam Veterans "got the truth out about John Kerry."

"We confronted his lies and we told the truth," Burkett told Cybercast News Service.

Burkett noted that much of the media still does not give the Vietnam Veterans who opposed Kerry the respect he believes they deserve.

"The mainstream media is still saying the Swift Boat Veterans were completely discredited. Nobody has ever discredited anything the Swift Boat Veterans presented. You will see that type of phrase in column after column and articled after article and it's just totally bunk," Burkett said.

Kerry labeled the Swift Boat veterans' efforts against him "a pack of lies" in September 2004.

But Burkett said the facts prove otherwise: "John Kerry lied about this military service in Vietnam. That's just the absolute truth," Burkett said.

CNS News
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The mainstream media is still saying the Swift Boat Veterans were completely discredited. Nobody has ever discredited anything the Swift Boat Veterans presented. You will see that type of phrase in column after column and articled after article and it's just totally bunk," Burkett said.

People believe MSM because nobody challenges them! I just can't believe we take the fight this far and then retreat back into our every day lives. If we do not restore the honor of the Vietnam era Veterans please point me in the direction I can go to contribute to the cause of restoring the honor of our Vietnam Veterans, POW’s, and the 58,000 who never came home.

Sure we met our objective of keeping J.F. Kerry from becoming the C.I.C. and for that I am very grateful. But how do we keep the next Kerry like activist from stealing the honor from this generation of troops? By restoring the Vietnam era Veterans honor we will be helping to safeguard the honor of this generation of troops.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kerry is also undermining the troops that are fighting now. His actions directly affect the safety of those troops especially when he speaks out against them.

That pattern will sadly continue. Is he really that dense that he can't figure that out or is he so politically motivated that they are not a concern? My guess is the latter.

He can't figure out why so many in the military don't like or trust him. Not enough votes I guess.
nutcase
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: the "party" in DC Reply with quote

Any mention of "Navy Chief" who did the "prove up" on Kerry lies.

The book said this said that but , Chief did the "DOC" THING

So how about " Thanks Navy Chief" for the REAL STUFF, FOR A

REAL STUFF "NAVY MAN"

from a nut case.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: the "party" in DC Reply with quote

nutcase wrote:
So how about " Thanks Navy Chief" for the REAL STUFF

Troy and Jill Jenkins were at a gathering of Swift Boat sailors in Austin TX on
the weekend after the election. Both NavyChief and CinCHouse were praised
with the warm fellowship and comradeship they so richly deserved for their
outstanding efforts in support of the Swift Vet cause.

Although the Jenkins were not able to make it to the DC event, I'm sure
that they will be in Florida this weekend and will receive due recognition
from the Swift Vet leadership.

Everyone on this forum concurs and joins in to second these honors for
two super individuals so deserving of our praise.

!Job Well Done Navy Chief and main supporter!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: