SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set record straight

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nova_wcat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Set record straight Reply with quote

I was in a politacl message board, the subject was the marine who shot the Iraqui terrorist who was wounded. Here is the link to the message board: (Deleted By Admin)
The following was posted by a person who claim to be a Viet nam veteran. I have no idea if he was or wasn't, but thought you would like to see this and set the record straight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf
darn ro you was in vietnam? all this time we have been sitting arguing about if the gov't supplied drugs and booze to the soldiers you have had the answer, did they or didn't they? if I'm being to personal just tell me it's none of my business, but since you was there you no first hand...

wtf:

Yes, I was in Vietnam; class of 1971; at the 221st Signal Battalion, SEAPC -- South East Asian Pictorial Center.

We documented the war for the Departments of Army and Defense with photographs and artist renditions.

My primary job was to run the B&W photo lab but, since I was cross trained as a photographer, I also accompanied the troops into the field; ergo, I was, also, a combat photographer.

Booze? Yes, booze was everywhere; indeed, the Class 6 store on post sold it, as well as the on-post clubs, such as the Officer's Club and Enlisted Clubs.

Drugs were prevalent, too, but I did not have reason to believe that the federal government was importing the stuff into south Vietnam; although there were rumors of such shenanigans.

I preferred booze at that time; indeed, there were several hot LZs that I covered (photographed) during which I was so drunk that I could barely stand up; yet my photos made it to Army Times and to the Stars and Stripes, Pacific Edition, as well as to the Departments of Army and Defense.

No, you are not being too personal with your inquiries. I, unlike many of my many peers, have no problem with relating my personal experiences in Vietnam.

Would you like to hear about the time I photographed the battlefield execution of five Viet Cong prisoners, only to be threatened with a court marshal if those photos were published outside of military channels?

How about the execution of three North Vietnamese (NVA) regulars who were caught by our special forces troops, who had no provisions for prisoners?

How about the Big Red One, who would mutilate the corpses of dead VC and NVA troops, just to pizz the others off?

I have no problem with talking about any of my experiences in Vietnam; indeed, I would be happy to do so; but expect to get sick -- very sick, because my experiences in the bush were far from normal; indeed, they were perverse.

RO

Here is the link to that paricular

(Deleted by Admin)

Sincerly,

Admin note: Please refrain from posting links to other forums soliciting responses to material contained there. Thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: