SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The TRUE PICTURE of Heroism
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lthrneck wrote:
DADESID, it's like this. I'm talking with a buddy of mine regarding a reunion we have going on this Aug in San Antonio. Anyways we're talking about sharing rooms etc. he says you know we can't put Larry and Oscar together (there nicknames are mean and meaner) last time they were together we had to seperate them...we chuckled and recalled the day. If we didn't have the Navy to fight with we'd end up fighting with our own. For sure when we are in the rear with the gear that stuff happens, but when we are in combat we are all brothers....btw don't ever pick on our corpsman. Wink

Thanks for responding. I just want you to know I recognized the ironic humor, and just thought it might be an opportunity to post something about the true comradeship that exists when the chips are really down.

Heck, I'll never forget the fisticuffs we got into with the Marines at Kodiak back in '67... but those things are all in the family.

By the way, I would like to copy-paste your post which appears in another thread... the one from the Major about the visit of Dan Rather, and the real situation in Iraq. There are other message boards I visit which have "moon-bats" who are totally devoid of the truth.

Thanks, and Semper Fi
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, what you Navy guys didn't have was a sense of humor. We on the other hand had to have one, helps when you're getting shot at. Laughing
No feelings hurt on this end.
Semper fi Navy.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I copied it from our web (third bn fourth Marines) board.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: