SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KUDOS FOR SWIFTVETS AND JOHN O'NEILL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: KUDOS FOR SWIFTVETS AND JOHN O'NEILL Reply with quote

Kudos for Swifties from Bummerdietz's blogspot. You got this lawyer to switch his vote.
Quote:
Some "News" re Swift Boat Vets
I was truly up-in-the-air about who to vote for in the Summer of 04 - mostly because I had not focused. I had a mild pro-Kerry attitude after the Dem convention, perhaps due to peer pressure.

I bought the Swift Boat Vets book and read it. I found it to be a decent piece of work, albeit I was viewing it as a lawyer (i.e., first person accounts are best; hearsay is of less value; contradictory statements by witnesses are a key tool to discern truth; factual statements made at the time have more value than factual recollections decades later; later statements will have interpretation blended in, which is sometimes good, sometimes bad; etc.)

The book was poorly written (in a literary or style sense), but that did not mean that it was poorly researched. It had the marks of having been assembled quickly and not professionally edited, although the book attempted to be transparent with its sources, to avoid such shortcomings.

I'm a rare duck. I don't think there are many lawyers who switched their vote due to the SBV book, but I did. I did not switch directly because of the book, per se; rather, the SBV "For Truth" book ignited a long-dormant political side, honed by 20 years of legal skill. A month after reading the book, I was voting Bush. A few weeks before Memogate broke. (This blog resulted.)

In short, the SBV For Truth book, despite many shortcomings, proved a seminal document for me. It alerted me to the degree that Leftist/Collectivist bias has simply taken-over the critical core elements of the Main Stream Media - those Media elements which then syndicated their views throughout the U.S., through all media (but for a small audience of am radio).

The more I focused on the underlying facts - the facts - the more difficult it was to locate any discussion whatsoever of those facts in the MSM. The "facts" - whatever they were - were irrelevant to the MSM. Yet, the Swift Boat Vets had come forward with a previous generation's version of a videotape of the facts. Now, the MSM typically cannot resist a videotape, or a living witness. But with the underlying facts of Kerry and Vietnam, the MSM simply refused to acknowledge that this "videotape" existed. Instead, Stephen Spielberg's rendition - played with great fanfare at the Democratic Convention - was all that MSM would allow. The MSM's avoidance of any coverage of the "living witnesses" here - a virtual videotape - was difficult to square with the ordinary behavior of the MSM, which is to swarm all over any "videotape" or living witness.

That's the disconnect that awakened me - the realization that the MSM was not only NOT swarming on this "best evidence" amid the huge election story, but that the few MSM stories that began to appear were personal attacks upon the SBVets themselves. Illogical, and ad hominem. That was the disconnect for me. What explains it?....

If you are reading this blog, the foregoing is likely not news to you. The SBV leader - John O'Neill - was vilified. When he appeared, for example, on the O'Reilly Factor, and portrayed a credible and "backed-up" story, O'Reilly later declared him to be "not credible" or some such. (Why? O'Reilly's holy grail was to interview both Bush and Kerry, and O'Reilly thought that if he gave any credence to the SBVets, then Kerry would not do an interview with him. Last laugh - Kerry completely shined O'Reilly, leaving him on the wrong side - historically - of the SBVets affair. And O'Reilly pissed me off, for hanging the SBVets to dry in order to pander to the Kerry campaign, for a fricking interview....)

Bottom line: John O'Neill and his colleagues did decent, yeoman's work in an overwhelmingly hostile environment.

John O'Neill is interviewed here, in the American Enterprise weekly. I find his insights to be clear, concise and compelling. Frankly, this interview is the best overview of the SBV Affair I have read.

BummerDietz' verdict: Anyone who attempts to portray the "documentarian" or "historian" aspects of John O'Neill as somehow being "not credible" or "flawed," is a partisan hack. O'Neill may cavort with farm animals and the like - I have no idea - but that is irrelevant. As a historian and documentarian, he is credible - albeit he certainly lacks style, and within 10 minutes can coax a foaming jackal infused with Espresso into a deep slumber.

http://www.scyllacharybdis.blogspot.com/

Unfit For Command and the Swiftvet's woke up a LOT of people!!
BYE BYE KERRY AND THE MSM.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An honest lawyer???????? Wink

Hopefully, more of our Legal Beagles will follow suit and see the fallacies of the left and step and help stop the madness engulfing our country now.

Although I had nothing to do with the book or am a Swiftee myself, I can only hope my participation in this forum helped someone see the truth about what is going on.

Personally, I'm proud of every poster here and feel we all contributed to the effort as well as watching the Swiftees back.
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew

Although I had nothing to do with the book or am a Swiftee myself, I can only hope my participation in this forum helped someone see the truth about what is going on.

Your efforts and of the Moderators and people on this forum did more than you or I will realize. Maybe some one in the future will be able to accruately describe the events that happened in this last election and put it it into perspective.

When I got off of a plane last week, the pilot saw my Swift Boat shirt and said "Oh, one of the Swift boat guys." I said "You know of us?" He said, "Who doesn't?" I do not think he was one of our supports, lol. That is the impact this group made, when even the MSM ignored us this site and others like it blasted through bias and ignorance to make a difference. Will we ever get credit, I doubt it, but all of you should feel a great sense of pride.

I know at our last meeting in Orlando, the sense of pride in all of us was overwhelming. To meet the men and women was such an Honor and a great priviledge that will be one of the Greatest highlights of my life.

It was like serving on a swift boat again, but only on a bigger ship and a larger crew. We had greater leadership and a mission. To destroy a common enemy and the logistics that gave aid to the enemy forces and as Admiral Hoffmann said, "Mission accomplished." Bravo Zulu to you all.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LewWaters"]An honest lawyer???????? Wink
Personally, I'm proud of every poster here and feel we all contributed to the effort as well as watching the Swiftees back.[/quote]

Well, Lew,

I'll second that and raise you on the 'honest lawyer' question! How can you tell if a lawyer is lying....if his mouth is moving....

What has me completely baffled is that out there somewhere, there were 55 million ballots discovered that purported to indicate a willingness by some [deprived] souls to put TWO lawyers in the Whitehouse (guess I'm jumping to the conclusion that Kerry is a lawyer, cause I've never seen him tell the truth)! but as I've stated at least once on this board, we can only hope no VVAW (and now IVAW) will ever run for that office (or any position of relevance) again! The self-destructive mindset of an anti-american protestor was obvious to most of us throughout his career....just mind boggling. We can only hope that most of those 55 million ballots were from 'dead' voters!

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: