SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Last Campaign Lives in Fight Against Kerry"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: "Last Campaign Lives in Fight Against Kerry" Reply with quote

Last Campaign Lives in Fight Against Kerry
by Marilyn Rauber
MEDIA GENERAL NEWS SERVICE
Mar 23, 2005

WASHINGTON -- Almost five months after John Kerry lost his presidential bid, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is still taking potshots at the decorated Vietnam War veteran.

Just last week, retired Navy Rear Adm. Roy Hoffmann, who started the anti-Kerry group, spoke to a packed room of about 160 applauding retired military officers and their spouses.

Hoffmann, 79, said he makes several speeches a month to veterans and conservative groups eager for an inside peek at the grassroots campaign that turned Kerry's Vietnam record against him.

“People call me and ask me to speak,” Hoffmann said from his home in Richmond, Va.

“For the most part, I'm speaking to the choir,” he said.

At the height of the presidential campaign, Hoffmann and his wife, Mary Linn, fielded hundreds of emails a day. Hoffmann estimates he gave thousands of speeches and interviews.

The group raised $28 million and ran devastating TV ads that depicted Kerry as an anti-war traitor who cheated to get his medals.

Hoffmann said the emails have trickled to a half dozen a day and the admiral-turned-woodworker is now contemplating a new project: building a backyard arbor.

Hoffmann said he's “glad it's over” -- but he'd do it again if Kerry throws his hat in the ring in 2008.

“That's four years away. I'm 79 years old. If the Lord is willing, I'd probably step in,” he said.

Marilyn Rauber writes for the Washington Bureau of Media General News Service.

Media General News Service - cont'd
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoo Yah! Get Some, Sir! If need be, my wallet is ready to "report for duty" (it should be recovered the hemorrhage it will sustain during Corsi's '06 Senatorial run...)
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: