SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

when did Kerry say.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: when did Kerry say..... Reply with quote

does anyone remember when / where / to whom Kerry said that he did not read the paperwork sent to them (senate) by Bush Admin to be voted on 'to go to war' (handle Saddam) ????

I read that somewhere, but don't remember where.....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie I recall he did not read it because he was not there in the Senate to review and read it. That man was absent too often and his senate record reflects this as does his attendance record.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked around on the net but can't find the answer either. Can you believe that Boxer admitted that she voted on the war WITHOUT reading it! And then had the nerve to attack Condi Rice about wmd, when she had never herself read the darn thing before voting on it. I do remember, and you'll have to check the text from the Condi hearing, that she said she had not read it, "but most of her colleagues" on the SFC had. It's possible then, that Kerry is one of those who also did not.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
...Can you believe that Boxer admitted that she voted on the war WITHOUT reading it!...

It's clear to me she can't read. This preposterous, seemingly deranged, chimney sweep (she calls it a doo) must be illiterate. Why haven't we heard from extremist left wingers Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-Houston) and Eddie Bernice Johnson, (D-Dallas)? Are they too partisan to show outrage for obstructing what may be the most effective Secretary of State in our history, who also happens to be black? Do they realize BM (bluestate moonbat) rants harm Condi's credibility? Does the chimney sweep realize the harm? It's time for an alternative to the liberal party. It's controlled by America-haters, freedom-haters, progressive nuts and will only get worse with the Deaniac as party chairman. This is a situation that only a Silky Pony could love.
Stevie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks kimberly, doll and Tom!
there's a heated 'discussion' going on over on the QVC community forum (under OPEN topics and something, something 'news')... then under Dr Rice etc...
I took Boxer 's statement (watched her on the news several times that day) to mean she had not READ the docs also... the liberals there, of course, say she meant she had not voted FOR it.... then I say she puts together a loosey sentence!
I also brought up that Kerry hadn't read it - of course they want to read it for themselves... I know I heard that Jeanine Granafalous (sp) - commedian for Kerry say on a news talk show (Hannity? bor?) during the convention that Kerry had not read it - so she got it from somewhere and I also thought I heard/saw in print that HE said he didn't read it.... maybe it was that he wasn't even there! don't they get the paperwork ahead of time so they have 'time' to read it????
they're all a bunch of gooks.... and doing great damage to our country, our safelty and our freedom !
and Kerry is the core of them all!
just saw Corsi on tv this a.m. about running in MA against Kerry - he'll have my vote! can I vote from here in AZ????? Laughing Laughing I'll mail it in... Laughing
and what are Frist and Warner doing about Kerry and the communist agenda he followed in violation of our constitution??? nothing now that the election is over! that doesn't end it for me.... think I'll start hounding their offices asking them!
if you come up with any quotes on Kerry about the original post here, post it and I'll check in daily....
thanks to all of you!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took some digging, but I ran across this article, maybe it's what you're seeking;

Quote:
Kerry Didn't Read Intel Report, But Still Chided Bush for Not Reading It Either
By Staff and Wire Reports
Jul 15, 2004, 07:51

Democratic candidate John Kerry, whose campaign demanded to know on Wednesday whether President Bush read a key Iraq intelligence assessment, did not read the document himself before voting to give Bush the authority to go to war, aides acknowledged.

"Along with other senators, he was briefed on the contents of the NIE (National Intelligence Estimate) by (then-CIA Director) George Tenet and other administration intelligence officials," said Kerry spokesman Phil Singer.

Kerry's campaign has challenged Bush to say whether he read the complete intelligence report before deciding to go to war, or whether he just read a one-page summary, which Democrats say gave him none of the dissenting views included in the full version.

The Kerry campaign stepped up the attack on Wednesday, sending out an e-mail with the headline, "Did anyone in the White House read the full National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq?"

In a conference call organized by the campaign, Senate Intelligence Committee Democrat Richard Durbin said Bush should have read the 90-page report issued in October 2002.

Asked if Kerry read it, Durbin responded, "I don't know."

Singer said the issue was not whether Kerry read the intelligence assessment himself, but why the White House had refused to release the one-page presidential summary.

"The bigger question is why ... the president -- the commander-in-chief, who decided when and how to take us to war -- won't share this document with the Congress," Singer said.

The National Intelligence Estimate concluded Iraq possessed chemical and biological weapons but noted dissent from the State Department's intelligence service and other agencies.

The Bush campaign has accused Kerry of "flip-flopping" on the war.

The Massachusetts senator, who voted for the congressional resolution authorizing Bush to use force in Iraq, has since charged the president rushed to war without adequate international help or a plan to win the peace.

At campaign stops in Minnesota and Wisconsin, Bush attacked Kerry for expressing pride in having voted against an $87 billion funding bill for Iraq.

"This is yet another example of John Kerry's desperate attempts to hide the fact that he has a political problem because he voted for the war in Iraq, voted against support for our troops, and then claimed to be proud of it," said Bush campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel.

Durbin criticized the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate. He said it was prepared in just three weeks instead of the customary six months.

"It was done in a hurry so that the vote would take place in October before the invasion of Iraq. And now we know that there were many aspects of that National Intelligence Estimate which were inaccurate," Durbin said.

© Copyright 2004 Capitol Hill Blue

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4840.shtml
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevie wrote:
...can I vote from here in AZ?...

Nope. However, now that your illegal aliens can't vote in AZ (Prop 200), maybe a grass roots migration to MA could be arranged in exchange for a Corsi vote. They have WalMarts and McDonalds don't they? No doubt MA could easily employ a million or so since illegal aliens only do the jobs MA folks won't do. If that works, let me know, we have some extras in Texas too.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might get another chance to hear him say he didn't read it.

Drudge, Thu Jan 27 2005 16:42:32 ET wrote:
MEET THE PRESS' EXCLUSIVE: SEN. JOHN KERRY APPEARS LIVE
In his first television interview since the presidential election, Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) will appear live on "Meet the Press with Tim Russert" for the full hour this Sunday, January 30, 2005. The exclusive interview will cover a wide range of topics including the day's historic elections in Iraq, the senator's own trip to the region, his view on Bush's second term agenda, and his plans for his political future.

Sen. Kerry's last "Meet the Press" appearance on April 18, 2004, came thirty-three years after his very first appearance on the program as a spokesman for Vietnam Veterans Against the War. Earlier in the campaign cycle, Sen. Kerry announced his intentions to run for the Presidential nomination on "Meet the Press" on December 1, 2002.

Developing...Silky Pony's Hour

I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,
Thanks for the heads up. Posted some questions to Russert's sight. I won't hold my breath.
Stevie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Tom and Lew -
that article will do! Thanks a million! I'll have them come to this forum to read it - we can't cut and paste to that forum...

Tom- what a great idea! I'll have to start putting out the word - for everyone to encourage our aliens to go to MA - they can get great jobs working for Kerry and Kennedy! and kerry and kennedy will take votes from anyone - even if they aren't alive! I get ticked when I hear the 'elite' saying the illegals aren't taking jobs that anyone of us would do! they're working construction here and getting paid under the table - they aren't paying taxes! and as I heard some woman named tamar (on Scarborough) say 'our kids don't do dishes etc jobs' ha! I'm sure her kids don't do anythng as 'low' as do dishes! but kids like I was, and mine etc do! dishes, flip burgers, sweep floors - whatever it takes when you're working your way thru school... I started working when I was 13! cleaning at the local rectory for 75 cents an hr! I did dishes, swept and cleaned floors (on my hands and knees), cleaned the bathrooms (4), ironed sheets and the priest''s boxer shorts! whatever it took to clean it, I did it!

thanks for the heads up on Sunday's Meet the Press... I'll check my local time for it and set my alarm! I wish Russert would ask Kerry why he lied to him during the last interview (about releasing his military records).
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevie wrote:
...I get ticked when I hear the 'elite' saying the illegals aren't taking jobs that anyone of us would do!...

On target. What Silky Pony and his elite pals really mean is illegal aliens aren't taking jobs that an effete leftist would do! That's because they contribute only their capital and no personal labor. Their rants clearly indicate how disconnected from reality they are.

In flyover country, I plowed, drove a two-and-a-half-ton wheat truck and put up hay in the summer when I was 13. I shoveled gravel for a construction company when I was 14 and shagged parts for the maintenance shop when I was 15 (Kansas permitted drivers licences at age 14) My daughters baby sat and waited tables when they were teens. I was in the Marines at age 17 and served honorably with a number of patriotic hispanic citizens.

I'm sure most of these great citizens, now senior, opposed Silky's position on Vietnam and generally oppose him now. I'm sure most consider Teddy Tuna a preposterous blowhard who needs to be censured alongside Silky, Boxer, Waxman and all the rest.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O K now here's my question, I heard Liddy mention many times of Kerry's ascribing a variety of damning and contradictory quotes to his speech writers, absolving he, John Kerry of any responsibility for what came out of his mouth.

Some of them were outright hilarious, anyone know of a primary source Liddy might have been using. This is for my own entertainment more than anything else.

I just love being able to blame my words on someone else..... funny
Stevie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to read that also! sounds great...

whatever happened to the 'buck stops here' line? oh, that's just for republicans right?

if anyone wants to 'battle' some Kerry supporters, come on over to:

http://community.qvc.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1024

they have a college professor (so he/she says) from tX on it - glad I don't have anyone I know of going to school there... I'd pull 'em out! maybe not, just arm them with the TRUTH. and one is even a war protestor from Kerry's hayday! boy, I'm surprised qvc hasn't shut it down yet!
mostly liberals there tho.... just a few of us anti Kerry smart people!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: