SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone who might remember my father: LCDR Karl Bock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chef Mojo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Anyone who might remember my father: LCDR Karl Bock Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm new to this list and thought I would take the opportunity to find anybody who might remember my father, Karl Bock. He was Intelligence Officer for Coastal Zone IV from '68-'69 (not sure about exact dates). His rank would have been LCDR and he went on numerous ops in Swifts.

Thanks in advance for any help in this regard. My dad is getting on in years and quite ill. I'm looking for help filling out some of the experiences he's passed on to me.

Relative to this site, he has vivid memories of hearing about "this guy Kerry" while in SVN. There was lots of scuttlebutt about him between zones and the talk was less than complimentry. Most everyone he worked with seemed to understand that Kerry was there to get his ticket punched politically and was in over his head.
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef Mojo,

My husband remembers your father. Hopefully you received the email that I sent to you.

Coffee
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I got choked up to read that. Crying or Very sad

The ties that bind......

Our first success. I'm glad you were able to hook up with someone who remembered him - how cool is that? Cool
Chef Mojo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo Juliet,

How cool is that? Too cool. Coffee has done something quite special in replying to this post. We've been able to hook up on email and it's been great!

Thank you all, meaning SBVT, for providing the means for me to gather more memories.

I can't imagine, but I know this is a tough battle for you all. I always understood that what my father was doing in SVN was a service to the greater good. It is unfair that those who fought so hard many years past should have to unsheath their swords for one more battle. I, for one, appreciate and honor the work SBVT is doing.

Don't Give Up The Ship.
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard his name spoken...by a navy seal team One member on SeaFloat who was as I remember very good friends with him and hung out with him cuz he was always had great intel and very funny.Hope I'm not wrong.Your dad was a NILO, correct? (Naval Intelligence Liason Officer)
coffee
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received word from Chef Mojo that his father, Karl Bock, passed away this morning after battling pancreatic cancer for over a year. He was very proud of the Swifties and proud to be counted in their numbers. He said "Great men can accomplish great things."

To quote from his son's e-mail written several days ago: "He's very weak, but strong of mind still. He is comfortable and is feeling no pain. He told me the other day that his faith is strong and he's ready for what's to come. He's a tough old sailor, but he knows that his time is coming.

Our family is with him and Mom is doing as well as can be expected. She's a Navy Wife, and she's getting ready to see her husband off for one last deployment to sea. That's how Dad has been looking at this. He has amazing moments of beauty and grace."

Through this forum, we were able to contact him earlier and Karl came into the hotel when the Swifties were there to film in October. Some of the people that he wanted to see were over at the studio filming so he missed them but he was able to see others and look at lots of old pictures. He seemed to enjoy himself and the visit seemed to give him a lift.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear this - this must be very difficult for Chef Mojo, right now, even though it was expected.

My condolences and prayers for all of Commander Bock's family and friends.

Fair winds and following seas, shipmate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: