SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Social Security just might be our saving grace.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Social Security just might be our saving grace. Reply with quote

The trojan horse for breaking the entitlement state is giving people ownership and allowing them to see how their ownership contrasts with the governments haul. I believe the whole purpose of Bush social security reform is not to save it today but to give people a sheet of paper which reports their moneys and that which they control and that which the state owns. Once people get this piece of paper they will be like well thats not much money, but a few years maybe a generation down the road families will table talk their combined ownership. It will become the conversation of why the hell don't we cut spending and big time. MY LORD it is brilliant. I wish I could of thought of this approach. It is so simple but soo damn brilliant.

It is all about that piece of paper people will be reading to see what they own versus what they give to the government.

Kudos Bush!

The NYT's will probably call it trailer trash become investors, but I like to see it as all people who work and especially those with children now realize they have a financial stake in this country of ours and they can pass that invested stake down to their heirs.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best move would to be elimination of the automatic witholding and require taxes to be paid by the recipient regularly. People would quickly object to the amount paid and demand accountability for the expense of it. Omigosh, the gummint might have to learn to live within it's means.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenX; Thanks for the post.

Number ONE problem we have.............ENTITLEMENTS. This will eventually end with gov't dependency,lose of rights,gov't control and threats to end the give-aways.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Plus Reply with quote

Plus, at least some of it will be passed on after you do. The old man died at 65 and didn't collect a dime. All gone.

This is a no-brainer. Wish I could play.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Best move would to be elimination of the automatic witholding and require taxes to be paid by the recipient regularly. People would quickly object to the amount paid and demand accountability for the expense of it. Omigosh, the gummint might have to learn to live within it's means.

I agree GM Strong, that was a part of the 94' contract with America which Newt created, but it became impossible to pass. I see this social security reform as creating the same type of effect though. Its just going to take longer.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
GM Strong wrote:

I agree GM Strong, that was a part of the 94' contract with America which Newt created, but it became impossible to pass. I see this social security reform as creating the same type of effect though. Its just going to take longer.

Isn't that the truth. I looked at the last "statement" from SSA on my "contributions/investments" in the "trust Fund" and I am sick. Evil or Very Mad Had they been earning 8-10% I could retire in a few years and be comfy with plenty to do. As it is, it isn't worth much and since my Ex destroyed the joint equities I'm going be working till I can't anymore, which in itself isn't that bad. Confused Just aggrevates you when everybody asks if you are retired yet and you aren't 60 yet. Shocked Seems people figure if you are over 55, you made your fortune and should sit on your Adam Clymer for the rest of your life. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: