SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IN DEFENSE OF DAN RATHER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: IN DEFENSE OF DAN RATHER Reply with quote

Forgive me all, alas my sense of humor leaning towards the macabre, I do occasionally tune in to CBS news. I am not above watching while trains wreck in slow motion.

Further, as I have learned from the MSM, this is likely the best bellwether of what the Bush administration is up to. After all, as with the SVPOW's, Carl Rove is the genius deviant Puppet Master of us all....... the swifties.... and somehow what and how CBS reports their news.

Seems to me some issues remain on the table CBS is just to sensitive to deal with.

I tuned in this past Sunday eve to catch quite the series of surreally poorly reported stories. The Show as always included three main reports and then Andy Rooney. Once again Rooney comes off as the most credible of the lot. He makes no bones about it he's a Humorist.

We had a piece about Howard Hughes, a piece about Stress in war and a Piece about Saudi Arabia turning over a new leaf in the War on Terror.

First off Stress in war. Christian Ammampour has learned there is stress on the battlefield. In the halls of CBS maybe this is considered clairvoyance. For me this is common knowledge, not news worthy. Her story did contain some news. Rumsfeld has sent Shrinks into the battlefield, and this is likely a good thing.

What I don't get is while them all over at CBS are now stabbing Dan Rather in the back wholesale..... I am supposed to remain a Moron.

Christian Ammampour is in no way a credible journalist no more, not that she ever was.

A personal ax of mine which I refuse to stop grinding until someone wakes up is Kosovo. For me Clinton/Berger, Albright and for this example most importantly Rubin were some of the most destructive players on the stage of Global Security in my lifetime. I don't care too much about Monica...... I do care that we armed Al Queda thru the KLA in Kosovo. I do care who John Kerry was and remains.

When Ammampour Married Rubin from the State Department the gossip column in the Washington Post stated 'now all the foreign service wives can sleep easier. Christian Ammampour will no longer be alluring to their husbands as she had finally settled down and married Rubin.... the number two guy at State.'

I have no link for that as I refuse to ever register with the Washington Post to access their archives.... I am paraphrasing.

All well and good, but the thing is Amampour ceased to be a journalist somewhere along the way and CBS is still putting her on the air. Rubin we may all remember was one of John fricking Kerry's rotating advisors on foreign affairs. As I recall we were promised the wisdom of the Clinton administration Guru's to help keep Kerry less incoherent in his ongoing verbal gaffs of immeasurable magnitude.

For me this presents somewhat of a conflict of interest.... Amampours husband being a intimate advisor to the Commander and Chiefs primary opponent, in a time of war. One might cut Amampour and CBS some slack here except for prior experience in this regard.

Along with CBS, My macabre sense of humor often has me watching what I like to call 'communist TV' Democracy Now on the Free Speech Channel. As often as not they do break real news off there in La la land, granted I don't like most of it.

During the Days leading up to Kerry seizing the candidacy this past election cycle ...... Wesley Clark got Sandbagged on the streets of New York by a very astute reporter Jeremy Scahill.
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/26/1632224&mode=thread&tid=25

The results warn't all that good for Clark, but they were much worse for Amampour and some how CBS still has her on the air, reporting such things as 'there is stress in the battlefield' . Read this segment of the Clark interview referencing Clintons bombing a News Bureau he didn’t appreciate:
Quote:
JEREMY SCAHILL: Amnesty called it a war crime and it's condemned by all journalist organizations in the world. It killed makeup artists.

GENERAL WESLEY CLARK: I want to answer this fellow. Because the truth was that that -- first of all, we gave warnings to Milosevic that that was going to be struck. I personally called the CNN reporter and had it set up so that it would be leaked, and Milosevic knew. He had the warning because after he got the warning, he actually ordered the western journalists to report there as a way of showing us his power, and we had done it deliberately to sort of get him accustomed to the fact that he better start evacuating it. There were actually six people who were killed, as I recall.

What I've outlined in red there is Wesley Clark stating unequivocally that he telephoned John Kerry’s' foreign affairs advisor's wife at CNN to use her as a line of communication to Milosovic. That would be Christiane Ammampour/Rubin.... or whatever this one calls herself.

So she is still reporting, not on what the hell was Sandy Berger doing in the National Archives.... or how the hell did Richard Clark a Arms Control expert become Terrorism Czar...... or maybe even about the extraordinary phenomenon of Bush bringing Democracy quite successfully to the Mid East ...... She's reporting there is very serious stress on the battlefield.... as if this has not been the case for well over six thousand years.

Next story on Sunday evening was Ed Bradley showing us how Saudi Arabia has turned the corner in their war with Al Queda?! All well and good. This is newsworthy, except I still have nightmares about Peter Arnet and Dan Rather’s last interviews with Sadam Hussein.

What we learned there was that yes they don't ask probing questions for up to twenty years of some people cause it might not be looked on favorably by sworn enemies of the United States. Everyone has now admitted to not covering Saddam Hussein's crimes, cause Saddam might not give you another interview.... Yes this might have been questionable cause they did give Hussein free press and credibility in the interim. This done by giving him free -- hassle less Publicity.

Kind of like the story about Howard Hughes and Watergate being nothing other than a ten minute advertisement for 'The Aviator'.

Well here we have Ed Bradley interviewing the chief Saudi spokesman about the nature of schools in Saudi Arabia teaching to hate Westerners and fostering the likes of Al-Queda

Quote:
"There is some criticism out there about the educational curriculum, that it teaches young people that other religions, other beliefs, other ways of life aren’t acceptable," says Bradley.

"To an extent, this is correct. And we have assessed our curriculum. We have discovered that 5 percent of it is unacceptable – 10 percent of it is questionable," says al-Jubeir. "We have removed the 5 percent and we're working on the other 10 percent. We are working on introducing new teaching methods in order to be able to educate our students better, because our objective is to make them productive citizens."

But how could that exist in the schools? How could that have existed for so many years?

"Perhaps in this area we didn't do a good job," says al-Jubeir. "The question is, are we dealing with this issue? Yes, we are."

Well this is a interesting crossroad in the interview. If I were asking the questions I might have considered immediately following up with the question: ' Sir is it acceptable to teach that Jews, All Jews and Israel in particular must be eliminated from the planet to further the cause of Islam'..... or something along those lines.

Bradley didn’t bother with that one and I'd like to know why. Is Bradley incompetent, or was he posturing to have further access to the Saudi's? This the same strategy deployed and employed with many interviews with Sadaam Hussein.

What the hell is up with CBS and who do they think they're kidding. While I will make no bones about it, I despise Dan Rather’s slants on the news as much as I despise John Kerry's loosing the Vietnam war on the home front, after we had already won the war on the battlefield, this is just not right.

CBS is all pointing fingers at Dan while clearly the Big Rats are still on Board and they seem to be in the Pilot house.

Here's a story for you ...... why not do a piece on Sandy Berger being the communist Chinese's primary lobyiest in the United States. Is this not a conflict of interest? Maybe look to see if the PRC owns a chunk of CBS, the Movie The Aviator.... and what the hell maybe even John Kerry.

If they were donating to the Clinton and Gore campaignes.... it seems to me worthy of a little research.

................................................................................

note: Edited to eliminate excessive frame width
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: