SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charlie Daniels Soapbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hydrology_joe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Charlie Daniels Soapbox Reply with quote

Now here is a man who understands. I can only hope that more of the entertainment industry becomes enlightened as he is.

http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbox/soapbox.asp

Quote:

Fortunes Of War:

There seem to be some people in this country who think that our military men and women are gun toting public relations people. And while I’m sure they do an admirable job of representing the country they love and defend, that is certainly not their primary duty.

Sometimes it becomes necessary to shoot and kill, yes that’s what I said kill the enemy. You can’t reason with a terrorist and you can’t pass out candy to suicide bombers. War is a kill or be killed situation and sometimes some innocent people are going to get in the way.

That is a terrible and deplorable situation but a fact of war never the less.

Contrary to the beliefs of Ted Kennedy and his ilk, it is impossible to fight a politically correct war. Nobody, including me, can possibly know what it’s like to be in combat unless you’ve been there.

Our troops have the right to protect themselves and if that comes down to a shoot first and ask questions later scenario, so be it.

Remember, no one hates war like the soldiers who have to fight it. It’s easy to sit back an ocean away from the conflict and criticize what’s happening. But I’m sure that if some of you arm chair generals and war protestors were suddenly placed in a real combat situation you would have an immediate change of heart.

When somebody is shooting at you with real bullets convictions can take a hard turn in the direction of self-preservation in a heartbeat.

I’m sick and tired of those who act as if our military were a bunch of thugs who torture prisoners and indiscriminately shoot innocent people.

After all the atrocities the terrorists have committed around the world there are still a lot of people who just don’t get it.

Radical Islam is committed to destroying you, your family, your country, your freedom of speech, the basic rights of women, your right to elect the people who govern you and any religion besides Islam. They want your body, your soul and your mind.

And no matter what you think, they were just as committed before the war in Iraq as they are now. Do we want to fight terror on the streets of Baghdad or the streets of LA?

If they are not destroyed they will take this country apart a piece at a time.

I saw a story on television the other day about a bunch of college students who chased the military recruiters off campus.

I wonder what would happen if a group of Al Qaida thugs would come on the campus and take a couple of hundred hostages. Who you gonna call, Barbara Boxer?

I think they would welcome anybody in a uniform.

The only thing which stands between us and destruction is not The New York Times or CBS. And believe it or not it is not diplomacy. Terrorists don’t respond to diplomacy.

It is our military. You can believe that now or you can believe it later, but you will certainly believe it one of these days.

Pray for our troops.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen.

I REALLY wish that some of he barking moonbats could listen and comprehend what CD said. It's nice to know that not ALL of the entertainers are totally braindead.

MJ
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously The Ditzy Twits aren't paying attention. They never did figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: