SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

St. Petersburg Times - Parents Motives in Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: St. Petersburg Times - Parents Motives in Question Reply with quote

Keep digging folks. The facts are all out there but it takes work to find them.

The Schindler's loved Mr. Schiavo until he refused to split his portion of the malpractice settlement with them? Cool

"Michael, you made an agreement with my wife and myself that you were going to share that money with us," he said.

Schindler said he wanted to be his daughter's guardian because he didn't approve of the way Michael Schiavo was using the money.

Quote:
Two weeks ago, Schiavo turned down a $1-million offer from a California businessman to walk away as his wife's guardian and let her parents take over.

In 1998, Schiavo offered to donate the settlement to charity if her parents agreed to let her feeding tube be removed. They refused.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/03/23/Tampabay/After_jury_award__bat.shtml
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since then, the Schindlers have repeatedly offered to take over Terri's
care and let Michael have what remains of the money. I think Michael
knew that the Schindler's would never accept any of the money if their
daughter was to be starved to death as a result.

I can not understand how anyone can look at the Schindler family and
doubt that they are motivated by anything other than love for their
daughter and sister. The motives of Michael are much more suspect
as evidenced by the fact that he has two children by what amounts to
a "commom law" wife and pays child support for another child who was
apparently conceived before Terri's "accident".

I think a better statement might be that the Schindlers loved Michael
until they began to see his true intentions for their daughter. He made
those clear when he chose a lawyer who is an advocate of the "Right
to Die" movement and chose a Neurologist who is a member of the
Hemlock society. That doctor is on record as saying that there is no
point in using a feeding tube to feed Alzheimer's patients who can no
longer feed themselves. Michael has also not used the money for
what it was intended - Terri's care and rehabilitation. He has used
much of the money for legal fees in his fight to allow her to starve
to death!

Last edited by srmorton on Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort,

I would be angry too if my son-in-law stopped my daughters rehabilitation the minute he got that money!

Would I try to get control of it after I see him squandering it? You bet I would!!!!

Does that make me money hungry? Of course not. Or at least not necessarily. Rehab cost lots of money and that's what that money was supposed to be for.

In case your wondering why the Creep started the rehab, but stopped it once the civil award.

It's called "mitigation". The law says you MUST MITIGATE YOUR DAMAGES OR YOU WON'T GET PAID.

So, he HAD TO HAVE TERRI IN REHAB UNTIL THE PAYMENT.

Then as you know, once he got the money, he conveniently remembers that his wife "wanted to die."

Those parents have nothing to be ashamed of!

That's just another MSM ATTACK! The MSM is in manipulation mode!! Don't let it happen.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell you have really picked the wrong place to be posting your views on this. Somehow you are way off base with everything you have posted here on this issue. This is obviously not up for debate here!
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly believe "the husband" wants Terri dead, because he is GUILTY!!!!!!!

I wish Larry King would have asked Michael Schiavo to take a lie detector test. If he has nothing to hide, then he should agree to one.

Whatever happens, I hope a criminal investigation is done. There seems to be ***a lot*** of unanswered questions.
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
Fort Campbell you have really picked the wrong place to be posting your views on this. Somehow you are way off base with everything you have posted here on this issue. This is obviously not up for debate here!

Yup Mad

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll leave. Razz But you people must realize that there are many of us out here who have gone down similar roads. Myself included. My husband died in 1997 after a four year battle with cancer. He did sign a Living Will and declined ventilaters and feeding tubes. He also had a DNR Order . For that I am thankful. I did not have to endure the personal attacks and character assassination that Mr. Schiavo is undergoing. You all should also realize that many Conservative Christians are against the intervention of Congress into a matter that is normally under state control.

You are crucifying the man based primarily upon his adultery. There is much more to this case than that.

I enjoyed working with all of you during the Presidential Election campaign and I wish you well.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: terri Reply with quote

fort campbell, I wish you had of watched fox last night and heard from her close friends what a control freak this guy is how he used to check the mileage when she used the car, she was on the verge of divorcing him when the accident happened, also just reporting terri was misdignosedand on this basis the state may be able to take her over, she is not in a vegetation state, but in a stae of conciences.michael schiavo is a murdserer, and I hope the state has the power to stop him from having her cremated if she dies and they do autopsy, the charge the creep with murder
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Schindler did not deny the remark!!!
But he said Michael had twisted the context.
This was when the rift was developing between Michael and the Schindlers
because he wasn't continuing rehab for Terry. He wanted to take custody of Terri, and he would continue her rehab. Asking about her trust, he
said 'How much will I get?' meaning what was left in the trust to take
care of her.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is stunning here is the passion for wanting this woman dead, while her parents, of all people and those with the desire to protect life are somehow vilified by those demanding her death. Many of these are the same who would protect malicious juvenile killers from Death Row, defend the rights of terrorists who murder the innocent and approve infanticde in the third trimester. This is upside down. I hear many projecting their own feelings onto this poor woman without knowing any more about what's going on than many of the rest of us. So much doubt, yet those demanding her death will not give her the same consideration we afford animals and criminals. Again, I am dumbfounded by the passion of those demanding death. Lets look in a mirror and ask ourselves what is our morality here.
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody checked out this guy's site? He's a legal blogger, and has posted tons of info without taking sides. There's some good stuff there including timelines and legal explanations.

http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

Kurt

PS IMO, honest, moral people can disagree on this tragic situation. It saddens me to see the vilification that's going on.

Last edited by kman on Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
Has anybody checked out this guy's site? He's a legal blogger, and has posted tons of info without taking sides. There's some good stuff there including timelines and legal explanations.

http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

Kurt

But he IS biased. This alone tells me that: (the 'others' were Michael Schiavo's family members!

Quote:
Q:Was Michael the only person who testified about Terri's supposed statements on her views about living on life support?

A:No, others did as well, and when making the decision in the case, the trial judge took into account all of that testimony and additional evidence.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: bloggers sit Reply with quote

this guy is a joke not biased yeah, also terri did not have a heart attack as has been proven , only people supporting him are his lawyer greer, and family, on the other hand teri's friends and medical staff who took care of her tell a different story, I will beleive the nurse who took care of her for 18 months , till she put a complaint in and was fired
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Q:Was Mchael the only person who testified about Terri's supposed statements on her views about living on life support?

A:No, others did as well, and when making the decision in the case, the trial judge took into account all of that testimony and additional evidence.

The judge DID NOT!!!!!
The Judge dismissed key testimony. Terri's lifelong friend testified
re Terri's vehement belief that life support should not be pulled,
based on thinking that Terri would only be 11 or 12 years old when
she said it and therefore could not be considered an ADULT STATEMENT.

IN fact Terri would have been 18 or 19 years old.

This 'reversible error' should have warranted a new trial!!! but higher courts would not reverse him!!

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2005/march/0304_schiavo_wishesp.shtml
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You are crucifying the man based primarily upon his adultery

No, adultery isn't it. Demanding his disabled wife die a slow torturous death while he lives the life of riley with his fiance', thumbing his nose at everyone and given the strong possibilty he may have abused Terri enough to have caused this and after he received money for her care, cut off that care, makes adultery look pretty minor to me.

The fact that he retains a professional euthanasia attorney and doctor to justify her death and when it doesn't come soon enough, simply withdraw any and all nutrition to her until she withers away is totally inhumane. When taking simple nutrients into your body is considered artificial medical care and it is withdrawn until someone dies with court approval, yet if you did that to a dog or a convicted felon you go to jail, we have allowed ourselves to become the very people we have fought since the founding of this country.

FC, sorry, but you aren't the only one that's been down this road before. Even before living wills I had to drop the decision about my father-in-law. Even though he lived and came out of his unconscious state, it helped bring about the end of my first marriage, being accused of wanting her father to die.

If Terri was on artificial life support, some machinery pumping her heart or drawing air into her lungs and there was no brain pattern, it would be a different story. But, to fight in court and win a decision to starve someone to death is unconsionable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: