SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On CBS in May-Terri TV movie / Update>A&E Documentary
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: On CBS in May-Terri TV movie / Update>A&E Documentary Reply with quote

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43617

On CBS in May:Terri TV movie
Network to rush biopic to little screen for sweeps

Quote:
CBS is rushing a Terri Schiavo TV movie into production so that it can air the biopic during the May ratings sweeps.

There is no word on whether the network has secured the cooperation of either the Schindler family, Terri's parents and siblings, or Michael Schiavo, her estranged husband.

There are reports Michael Schiavo is entertaining offers of book, movie and TV deals for Terri's story. Industry sources say Schiavo is likely to be offered up to $2 million for a book deal and up to $2 million for a movie or TV deal.

CBS' Terri story reportedly will feature "Felicity" star Keri Russell to star as America’s tragic heroine and Dean Cain of "Lois and Clark" as the husband who relentlessly seeks an end to her life.

Terri Schiavo was the brain-injured Florida woman at the center of an intense euthanasia battle played out on an international stage. She died Thursday 9 a.m. Eastern time after 13 days of court-ordered starvation.

gessh that didnt take long
(wasnt Dean Cain the one who played Scott Peterson in a TV movie)

freepers have already started a write-in campaign to CBS

Last edited by kate on Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says crime doesn't pay.

I wonder if they have to get the Shindlers' permission to use their likeness??

And to think, she isn't even cremated yet.

Gee, no conflict here. No profit from criminal here.

No investigation, either.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SATAN can play the judge, wait SATAN is the judge.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS is at it again! I guess they don't care much for likeness in casting. Michael Schiavo could only wish he looked like Dean Cain. I can't imagine that her family made this deal, unless they agonizingly did it to pay legal expenses. Now of course the spin on the movie will be from his perspective. Poor poor Michael. Maybe the Pope will be able to help from heaven to get this creep investigated properly so that as a criminal he can't profit from this. Crying or Very sad
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand if it is the Schindler's that want the movie to be made. They have fought hard to show the world what was being done to their daughter. They want the truth out there. On the other hand, all I've heard from the Schiavo side is that they want their privacy! They never wanted this in the public's eye. Even now the Schiavo's say they don't want the Schindler's to be invovled with Terri's burial because it would be a media circus. Evil or Very Mad Let's see how private he is.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of bad taste...."South Park" aired their version the night before Terri died. In it Kenny (of 'the b@st@rds killed Kenny' fame) is Terri. He's run down by a truck (part of God's plan) so he can go to heaven and lead the forces of good against the Devil's army. There's a kabosh on the defense plan when a doctor revives Kenny in a PVS. Cartman, eager for his inheritance leads the 'pull the plug' team against the pro-life Republicans. Eventually, Kenny dies and returns to save the day and beat Satan's army.

-Wlm Shakespeare
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the reasons my TV is off 99.99% of the time. I will not watch this garbage and neither will my kids do so in my house. C-BS remains in the sewer. Broadcast TV remains a wasteland.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm encouraging everyone I know to not watch CBS any longer, especially when this movie comes out. Maybe a few thousand emails and letters to their sponsors wouldn't hurt either.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it happens, I want to see the breakdown as to who gets the money! It dont take a 25 hundred dollar dog to follow the trail! I mean everybody
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point to Ponder:

At first I thought this was bad and only showed M. Schiavo's true motives and greed.

But, think of this:

What if they did the movie in such a way that did show Schiavo's, the judges, the conspiracy, the cover-up, the inhumanity to Terri, etc??

In that case, it would really graphically display what those of us that support the Schindlers understand in our minds and hearts.

If that were the case, then I would be for the movie.

Mel Gibson shoud produce it!

Question Question Question Question Question
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What if they did the movie in such a way that did show Schiavo's, the judges, the conspiracy, the cover-up, the inhumanity to Terri, etc??

In that case, it would really graphically display what those of us that support the Schindlers understand in our minds and hearts.

If CBS makes the movie it will have to conform to Dan Rather's thinking.
They may even bring back Mary Mapes to produce it (Documents anyone?)
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't thinking of SeeBS doing this movie. In that case, they will just support M. Schiavo, whitewash and be a farse.

Mel Gibson should do the movie for the Shindlers. And, having heard him talk, I am certain he would do:

Quote:

Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: A & E Documentary Reply with quote

Whew...
I watched the Terri Sciavo Story documentary on A&E this am (3am broadcast).

They showed more lengthy cuts of the videotapes of Terri than were seen in the clips on TV and at the family website.

Not sure when it was made, I had the sense it may have been put together about the time of Terri's Law, then updated with a few recent clips.

If my heart was heavy before, it is heavier now. Seeing more extended versions of the videos - and watching her laugh at her Dad's jokes....words just fail me

-- couple tidbits
her eyesight, that she had a lazy eye, and had always worn glasses ( hmm could explain some of the naysayers who said she wasnt really following objects)

they showed tape of of Dr. William Hammesfahr’s exam of Terri --this shows the reflexes that he had stated were voluntary

and how she went to Catholic school, and was attending Mass regularly at the time of her collapse (vs the soundbites we've heard that she was a lapsed Catholic)

They presented some stories of others who have recovered, interviews with family, original attorney, etc. (including #%!*$ Felos)
Worth seeing IMHO, although per their website, their are no repeats scheduled at-this-time. Keep checking, they may re-run. Perhaps some emails at their site may help.

We must never forget Terri's story. There is no h*ll hot enough for those that took her life.

Arts & Entertainment Television
http://www.aetv.com/
Special Presentation: Between Life And Death:
The Terri Schiavo Story
Available 5/17/05 on VHS
Item Number: AAE-18934

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who will profit off this movie....God help us it had better not be Shiavo............... Sad
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed one. Laughing

God Speed

Last edited by Fort Campbell on Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: