SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carter About to Raise a Fuss Over Pope Funeral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Carter About to Raise a Fuss Over Pope Funeral Reply with quote

Watch Drudge. . . .
Quote:

NBC, ANDREA MITCHELL: Carter was told no former presidents were going to pope funeral... Developing

As mentioned yesterday, Jimmy Carter doesn't get it. He was left off Airforce One because he publically bad-mouthed the President and Commander in Chief during a time of war. He injected himself into the middle of the political campaign and supported the anti-war candidate John Kerry. He has not lived up to the high standards expected of a former President. And, he has forgotten that he had his time in the oval office -- the job is hard enough without an ex-President undermining the authority of the currently elected President during difficult times.

Nalt
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, the last time he got invited to a Papal funeral he sent Miss Lillian, his mom (God rest her soul). Thank goodness it wasn't Billy. Jimmuh has trashed the President and shown what a phony he really is. Shut up Jimmuh, you are the main reason I am no longer a Democrat. Ronald Reagan is why I am a Republican. Go take on the Killer rabbits.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
As I recall, the last time he got invited to a Papal funeral he sent Miss Lillian, his mom (God rest her soul). Thank goodness it wasn't Billy. Jimmuh has trashed the President and shown what a phony he really is. Shut up Jimmuh, you are the main reason I am no longer a Democrat. Ronald Reagan is why I am a Republican. Go take on the Killer rabbits.

So true!!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/04/politics/main685337.shtml
Quote:
Mr. Bush will be the first sitting president to attend a pope's funeral. In 1978, when two popes died, President Jimmy Carter sent his wife Rosalyn and his mother Mrs. Lillian Carter to lead the delegations
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch Jimmy that must hurt when you got slapped down by Dubya.

What surprises me is how well the Bush Presidents (41 and 43) get along with Bill Clinton. It looks like they have more respect for him now than when he was in office. I guess it is an ex-Presidents club thing or maybe the old mafioso saying comes into play, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Who knew Bill Clinton has been working for the Bush administration all along.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
What surprises me is how well the Bush Presidents (41 and 43) get along with Bill Clinton. It looks like they have more respect for him now than when he was in office. I guess it is an ex-Presidents club thing or maybe the old mafioso saying comes into play, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Who knew Bill Clinton has been working for the Bush administration all along.

More like an excellent strategist just doing his thing. The more the Clinton name is associated with the Bush name, the less the chance that Hillary will be the democrat nominee. Further, the more this goes on the greater the appearance of our President being in the center rather than hanging out in the right wing. There are so many subtle points and moves in this reaching out and the carrying of Clinton there simply isn't room in this forum to enumerate them.

The one thing it ain't though is a fence mending drill. Smile
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's a Yale thing Wink
GM Strong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound trite, but Bill may have an Affinity for Bush 41 in a mentor type fashion. When Bill grew up he had no dad to look up to. Blythe died young and Clinton was a drunk. I am not making a bunch of liberal drivel, but Slick Willy may behave differently in the presence of Bush 41. It may not change the guy, but there may be something to it. When was the last time Der Schlickmeister showed this kind of deference to anyone?

Later edit:
He is probably somewhat in awe of the closeness of the Bush family and he never had that. Still it didn't keep him from going to the press section of AF 1 and declaring the Pope had a mixed legacy just like him. ol' Willy is still all about hisself.

Last edited by GM Strong on Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmuh could charter a private jet and split the gas with barney,guber, and the rest of the gang! Heck, you wouldnt have to worry about having enough peanuts to go around. Cool
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, he could go as "Habitat for Humanity". After all SOMEONE
needs to clean up all that graffiti in the Sistine Chapel.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ol' Slick Willy is now spouting his usual self centered blather. I think he went to Rome to campaign for Pope. Sorry Bill, you aren't in this. Jimmuh hasn't been heard from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: