SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic:FYI::::Update................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Off Topic:FYI::::Update................ Reply with quote

Just for your information: some may even be happy - I was hacked. Totally hacked....I lost it all, no more A Point of View website, No more forum, no more nothing....they hacked it all. All my hard work down the drain...all your posts down the drain. Whoever did this is EVIL. Twisted Evil

To those of you that were with me at a POV as well as SVPT I want to thank you for your loyalty, committment, and sincerity to the conservative cause.

And to those of you smirking saying I had it coming......watch out.....I WILL BE BACK!

He he....my old server just contacted me...looks like I will still be in business he kept everything on his server and did not delete it...yeah....I may not have all the posts....just the ones up til March 31st...or April 1st...I will be back up within 48 hours! Said I WOULD BE BACK! Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear what happened. I was wondering what had happened to the site; all the links that I would try came up dead.

Good luck, and I hope you get back up.

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its something like a living will - back it up. The server is usually backed up on a daily basis by the ISP but always good to back it up on your own computer as wll

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thank God all my files were on my old server....when I was hacked....I could not even get into the control panel on the server I was on. I lost a week of posts...but it could have much worse. Sad

I could not use the backup I had on my computer because it contained the hacked files, unbeknownst to me, so when my old server told me that it would ruin everything if I were to use them, I got rid of them...he said even the week of posts probably had been hacked so not to take a chance.

Looks like my new server did not care for my conservative forum....liberal as most on the internet....so now I am back at my old server across the pond in England....adleast they could careless about our politics.....they have enough with there own! Smile

Anyhow, wanted all to know I am back up and running and boy am I thanking God!
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider this a sign of your success that you are worthy enough to be hacked by these clowns. I'll have to drop in the site more often. Carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement...it is appreciated and needed right now! Very Happy
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll,

I'm glad to hear you are gong to be back up and running. Hey, the Brits are on our side in this war, God bless 'em.

You said
Quote:
I could not use the backup I had on my computer because it contained the hacked files, unbeknownst to me, so when my old server told me that it would ruin everything if I were to use them, I got rid of them...he said even the week of posts probably had been hacked so not to take a chance.

Assuming you're using a Windows version, go to the desktop and open the trashcan, then undelete those backups. You can recover every single post and save it as a text file. No virus there. While he may be right that a virus or hack was embedded in your original site and reviving that might reincorporate the hack, as far as I know it isn't possible to continue that in a text file copy. He might not really know what he's talking about. (I'm not current on web hacks, so I might be wrong about text files.)

So, if you haven't defragmented your local computer or used a utility to erase free space, you probably still have those posts on your local machine.

Good luck and God speed. Let us know when you're back up so we can all go show some support.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thanks for all the support and advise from all of you. I will heed it, believe me! Bless you all!
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM Strong wrote:
Consider this a sign of your success that you are worthy enough to be hacked by these clowns. I'll have to drop in the site more often. Carry on.

I agree. Glad to see you're up again. (even if all I do is lurk)

Wink

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonevoice wrote:
GM Strong wrote:

I agree. Glad to see you're up again. (even if all I do is lurk)

Wink

Thats okay if you lurk...lurking does not bother me! Besides, I would rather have you post when it is important to you. not just to post for the sake of posting!

Cheers! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: