SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's re-election

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Kerry's re-election Reply with quote

I know this is just wishful thinking. I was siting here musing about John Kerry's re-election run for the senate in 2006 and decided to check out the residency requirements for the state of Massachusetts for state and national elections. You're only required to live there for 20 days to be eligeble to vote. Wouldn't it be grand to mobilize enough vets to set up residency there and have the electors kick his sorry a** out of office. I know this would be next to impossible to pull off and some people will say this is something moveon.org would try to pull off. After watching what some veterans forums helped to accomplish during the last presidential election, I'm begining to think just maybe the impossible can be accomplished. We could start planning for it right now and have a nice amount in our War chest by the time the election rolls around. It would be the best TAD/TDY we ever went on. Just an idea.
George F. Thompson
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid attempting to stuff the Mass ballot boxes in that way would probably motivate more Mass voters to vote FOR Kerry.

Nope...IMHO the methodology to defeat Kerry in '08 is voter education the likes of which the Bean State hasn't been offered in quite some time.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Fri May 06, 2005 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massachusetts population: 6,433,422
Heh, good luck "stuffing" the ballot box.
I will say, though, that a campaign by vets to reveal Kerry's actual service to his country, making an issue of his refusal to sign a SF 180, his actions on the POW/MIA issue, and a "Swiftboat" style of campaign against him in Massachusetts could well cost him the next election. He's now carrying the label of "loser", this would be the time to get him out of office. It would be a worthy task for this site to do all we can to remove him from the Senate. I still visit this site regularly, hoping something like this will be the next step. Laughing

Last edited by Wing Wiper on Fri May 06, 2005 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry's re-election Reply with quote

George F. Thompson wrote:
I know this is just wishful thinking. I was siting here musing about John Kerry's re-election run for the senate in 2006 and decided to check out the residency requirements for the state of Massachusetts for state and national elections. You're only required to live there for 20 days to be eligeble to vote. Wouldn't it be grand to mobilize enough vets to set up residency there and have the electors kick his sorry a** out of office. I know this would be next to impossible to pull off and some people will say this is something moveon.org would try to pull off. After watching what some veterans forums helped to accomplish during the last presidential election, I'm begining to think just maybe the impossible can be accomplished. We could start planning for it right now and have a nice amount in our War chest by the time the election rolls around. It would be the best TAD/TDY we ever went on. Just an idea.
George F. Thompson

His re-election is in 2008 I believe.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry...you are correct...his Senate term ends in '08. Thanks for the correction.
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Kerry's re-election. Reply with quote

Like I said, It's just wishful thinking. It would be more along the lines of moveon.org to try and pull off a ploy like this. With Soro's resource's I wouldn't put it past them to try anything to keep Kerry in office. However, with that being said, I would dearly love to see an organized effort by all veterans to make an impact on Kerry's chances for re-election. The MSM would be hard pressed to ignore something of that magnitude.

George F. Thompson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: