SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Constitution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: The Constitution Reply with quote

Quote:
American Freedom
“By the people, because of the people”

--------------------------------------------
The Constitution
May 7th, 2005
Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

“For the people, by the people.”

It has been awhile since I sat down long enough to collect my thoughts. It has been awhile since I felt I had anything to really say that was worth writing about. Yes, it has been awhile, as it has been awhile since I have seen, heard, or witnessed the truth this great Nation once stood for.

Our Constitution was written for the people, by the people. What a novel concept in these days of late. To hear the liberals tell it, it was written by the people, but the people misunderstood what it really was intended to mean. Ugh? Sorry, I do not think this was or is the case.

The Constitution is more than a document. It is the foundation upon which these United States was built upon. I am not a Constitutional expert, and certainly no Ann Coulter. As far as mouth, brains, and looks, I could give her a run for her money, but the Constitution…. no, I would not dare give anyone a run for my money on that. However, that does not mean I do not understand the Constitution. Our forefathers had the foresight to realize for the Constitution to be vaiable and to sustain the years that were to come it had to be written in such a way that was not only understandable by all that read it, that it should not be comprised of just genius, but fairness, balance, and good old common sense. They considered that which to govern if it was to be viable, must write the Constitution with the understanding that future societies would need an unbiased and objective standard. Cont.'d................

American Freedom Blog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: