SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newsweek - Proudly Carrying The Fifth Column's Banner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Newsweek - Proudly Carrying The Fifth Column's Banner Reply with quote

Newsweek - Proudly Carrying The Fifth Column's Banner
Written by Doc Farmer
Thursday, May 26, 2005

Last week, you probably heard all about Newsweek's inadvertent little faux pas regarding Gitmo, the Noble Qur'an, and a popular porcelain fixture. The story wasn't true, although the lib/dem/soc/commie media are playing the "let's pretend it really is true anyway" game. Oddly enough, they didn't learn their lesson from the last time they tried that (see also: CBS, 60 Minutes, document forgery, etc.) so they trotted it out for another go.

Folks are lamenting the 15 to 18 people who apparently died in the ensuing riots. Nobody knows the names of these people so far, or exactly where and how they died, but since the MSM said it happened, it must be true, right?

At this point, let's get a few things straight here. 1) You cannot flush a book the size of the Noble Qur'an. 2) You cannot flush a checkbook either. 3) There is evidence to suggest that all so-called "desecrations" have happened not at the hands of US soldiers but at the hands of the terrorists/detainees themselves. 4) Newsweek's "scoop" was anything but. There have been accusations of desecrations and malfeasance coming from the lib/dem/soc/commies since the get-go at Gitmo. NONE have been proved to be true.

Do I blame Newsweek for those deaths? Assuming they actually happened (and I've still not seen proof to that effect) I'd put most of the blame on the idiots who rioted over this, and only a little on Newsweek. I blame Newsweek for blatant anti-Americanism, but that's an entirely different thing.

Blatant anti-Americanism? Gee, where did Doc come up with that one? Sure, Newsweek is part of the Vast LEFT Wing Conspiracy and a charter member in the Blame America First crowd and a hater of Dubya. Does that make them any different than, say, CBS or the New York Times? In that respect, no. It is, however, in the level of degrees where you end up with the "crime" of anti-Americanism.

To some, hating America isn't a crime. It's a way of life. A sad, pathetic and destructive way of life, I'll grant you. So how could this morph into a crime? Well, we're at war for a start. Providing aid and comfort to America's enemies during a time of war is a crime. Or, at least, it used to be. The offense is never enforced anymore however (see also: Kerry, Hanoi John and Fonda, Hanoi Jane) so the only crime specifically enumerated in the US Constitution is completely worthless.

How do I know Newsweek hates America? Besides reading their magazine, that is? Well, thanks to the good people over at WorldNetDaily.com, we have a bit of documentary evidence -

(go here)

As you can see, the photo clearly shows a soiled American flag stuffed into the top of a trashcan, which is a violation of flag law (yes, there really is such a thing) as well as an insult to those Americans who fought for that flag and the nation it symbolizes. The Japanese edition says (in the white headline) "The Day America Died" with a subheading (in yellow) of "With Bush Remaining In Office, The Ideal of 'Freedom' Is Dashed To The Ground." Inside, of course, is the diatribe we've all come to expect from the MSM. Basically, to quote the old tune "it's the end of the world as we know it" and the lib/dem/soc/commies are feeling anything but fine. They only seem to feel comfortable when they're they ones who are ending the world, I suppose.

Now, did Americans rise up and riot when they saw this disgusting image? Nope. Did Christians start busting windows and burning cars when they found out that Muslims had used their holy book as toilet paper when they took over that Church in Bethlehem a few years ago? 'Fraid not. But perhaps we should have. It would seem that is the only way that the MSM provides support to a group. Blow something up, tear something down or set something on fire, and as long as they can somehow shoehorn a few "It's All Dubya's Fault" statements in the copy, they'll be your friends for life.

I've known for some time that the lib/dem/soc/commie media are operating a fifth column in America. This hidden Newsweek cover, more than almost anything else, illustrates that point perfectly.

So, what do we do about it? Do we boycott Newsweek and their advertisers? Do we set up picket lines in front of their offices and bureaus around the world? Do we firebomb their buildings and slaughter all of their staff? No, wait, that last one is a standard Islamofascist option, not an American one - sorry about that. If we boycott, it'll be a long list. Besides, if you boycott Newsweek, you must by extension also boycott Time, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, CNN, the NY Times, the LA Times, the Washington Post, etc.

Come to think of it, that's not necessarily a bad idea.

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

This Article Was First Published In ChronWatch At: http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=14786

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Doc, great article!

I don't want to sound DUMB, but how does this work?
Why is the Japan edition of Newsweek totally different than the U.S. edition? I always assumed the U.S. edition went worldwide, just printed in the language of the different countries. Does Newsweek publish totally different stories in various parts of the world?

GOOD GRIEF!! What subterfuge!! How do we know what other anti-American garbage they have been promulgating throughout the world??
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Hi Doc, great article!

I don't want to sound DUMB, but how does this work?
Why is the Japan edition of Newsweek totally different than the U.S. edition? I always assumed the U.S. edition went worldwide, just printed in the language of the different countries. Does Newsweek publish totally different stories in various parts of the world?

GOOD GRIEF!! What subterfuge!! How do we know what other anti-American garbage they have been promulgating throughout the world??

I'm not too sure of that myself. I used to see Arabic editions of Time, Newsweek, etc., when I lived in the Middle East, but since I don't read the language I could never confirm that what was in theirs was the same as what was in ours. I'm the same as you, though, because I always figured they did the same stories, just translated into the local languages. Apparently that is not the case...

BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc,
I think Ronald Reagan said it best.
"We are at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind, and if we lose that war, and in doing so lose this way of freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment that those who had the most to lose did the least to prevent its happening."
- Ronald Reagan, 1964
(commenting on the antiwar movement during the Vietnam War.)

It could just as easily apply to the media. Imagine how surprised they would be if they lost Free Speech and the Freedom of the Press?
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah we Americans are a spoiled lot. We automatically think of
flushing a Koran down a porcelain fixture. In the old days in
the Navy, we had stainless steel troughs with toilet seats at
regular intervals, sectioned off by steel screens for privacy and
thoughtful repose. Jack up water pressure a tad and I'm pretty
sure that you could float a Koran downstream to the cesspool.

Devilment came when the guy upstream got a huge wad of toilet
paper and lit it before dropping it in. Worked best just before
morning quarters when the place was full.

This stuff would work with copies of Newsweek too.

Twisted Evil
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Does Newsweek publish totally different stories in various parts of the world?

They will print what sells in the local market...don't confuse this with principles or journalism.

Good piece Doc.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 said
Quote:
They will print what sells in the local market

So what do they do, franchise their rag-mag to other countries and let them print whatever garbage they want??
As long as it carries the NEWSWEEK banner, then responsibility for what they print has to ultimately rest on the editorial board of U.S. Newsweek!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Me#1You#10 said
Quote:
They will print what sells in the local market

So what do they do, franchise their rag-mag to other countries and let them print whatever garbage they want??
As long as it carries the NEWSWEEK banner, then responsibility for what they print has to ultimately rest on the editorial board of U.S. Newsweek!

No argument here. Problem is, getting them to actually act in a responsible manner.

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:

I would add (and probably elevate) the publisher to the top of that list. My suggestion is that both ideology and marketing have probably co-opted principles and traditional journalistic integrity at Newsweak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: