SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classmates dot com's military directory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Classmates dot com's military directory Reply with quote

I found this website some years ago, I think that it is worth trying. Might save you some time and effort.

Classmates dot com seems to be a solid site. A place to try to reconnect with your old classmates in high school and college.

They also have a military directory there. Link to it is below:

http://www.classmates.com/cmo/reg/military/index.jsp

You will have to register to use the site, but the registration is free.

Of course the catch is that you will have to upgrade to a paid membership to actually be abel to contact your old shipmates and others by email.

It has 3 levels on the Roll Call page,

Afloat, Conus and Locations outside Continental US (including Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska)

But the free basic membership will allow you see who has registered there on the site.

In the case of the USS Iwo Jima. USMC branch of service, it shows that there are 243 members listed.

I did not register for it because I am have never been in the military.

Registering does ask for some military specfic info. I have no idea what to put there.

The following below is posted on the military directory front page:

Reconnect with those you served alongside. Reminisce about the times you shared. Relive the adventure.

It's free to register
* 33,000 organizations
* 47,000 installations
* 1 million friends!
* 7,000 ships!
* Find old friends
* Lively message boards

And also:

REMINDER TO ACTIVE DUTY PERSONNEL: Please DO NOT post any content that could potentially affect current military operations. This includes physical location, assignment information, and photos. Ensuring the security of our nation is a top priority to Classmates. Thank you for your cooperation.
--Your friends at Classmates
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up with them a few years ago too. I found one friend so far, but got connected to the reunion and now receive newsletters. Hard to believe that although I felt most had fared better than me, they didn't. Many of the "jocks" have health problems and so far, my health is good. LOL, I even still have a full head of hair, even if it is dull platinum blonde now. Wink

Hard to believe next year is my 40th reunion. Maybe I'll actually attend one this time. Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
dull platinum blonde

Oh is that what we're calling it now? Laughing

Thanks for the tip! :::as I comb through my streaks of dull platinum blonde mixed into the auburn:::::

I'm on classmates.com and actually found a couple of people stationed at our old bases - lots of high school buds, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: