SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virus Alert
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Weep or woe? Reply with quote

Craig wrote:

Actually had I known before what I came to learn much later I might have supported the North - but that would be back before Ho was pertty much pushed to the commies for support.

Before 1917?
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: VIRUS ATTACKS! Reply with quote

Computer illiterate? I'd settle if this guy was just literate for once.

Hey Craig, virus attacks are not directed at a single computer. Attacks on a single computer are called "Hacks" and they try to gain control of said computer. If you were the intended target of a "hack" it's probably because you employ no safeguards and don't update your software. Further, you'd not have been notified of this attack unless you have the necessary software in place to notify you

Virus attacks are by their nature wide-spread and intended to attack multiple computers. They are spread through casual contact like email addy lists and so on. Generally, the best way to attack you with a virus would be for me to add you to my email addy list and wait for a virus to infect me. Given your past history on this board, it's unlikely anybody has added you to their email lists.

The second way a virus attack might occur is through vulnerabilities in Windows itself. This is fast becoming the popular choice of attack. I suggest you update your Windows as often as possible. If you've ever bothered to use a firewall, you'll see you're scanned quite often. It seems ne'er-do-well people are always at work looking to cause harm.

So please understand that the swiftvets have not targeted you. If you choose to use the computer and the internet as your medium, you should be compelled to learn something about how things work here. It's like going to a foreign nation and demanding they speak your language.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: