SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold War Veteran would like to join American Legion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Theresa. I'd heard it was coming but figured that it wouldn't happen. Laters!
Robersabel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Cold War Veteran would like to join American Legion Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I have been observing your organization the last year or so regarding the path taken by Kerry since returning from Vietnam.

My subject matter does not involve Kerry directly, but a person that responded recently to the statements made by Kerry. The following is a letter sent to Commander Morin:

Quote:
The National Commander of The American Legion called on Sen. John Kerry to apologize for suggesting that American troops in Iraq are uneducated.

"As a constituent of Senator Kerry's I am disappointed. As leader of The American Legion, I am outraged," said National Commander Paul A. Morin.

No doubt the statements Kerry made were an insult. However, talk is cheap.

When I compare what was experienced at the American Legion National Convention several years ago, I believe National Commander Paul A. Morin should take note. He should apologize to those Cold War veterans, members of the American Legion turned their backs on.

I introduced a Resolution asking support for Cold War veterans that were casualties by special circumstances. My goal was to have a Public Law or an Executive Order initiated that would authorize award the Purple Heart to the majority of fatalities experienced during the period 9 May 1945 to 25 April 1962.

Members of The American Legion in my home state unanimously approved the Resolution. However, members of the Security Committee at Nashville rejected it. Upon return to Phoenix, I promptly resigned from the organization.

"What say you" Commander Morin?

Thee is no doubt your group has strength, and clout much more than one person. If you are interested in what I have attempted, and the background facts regarding Cold War casualties I will be happy to share.

Robert E. Johnson

Admin note: BBCode edited to reflect what I believe was the poster's intent/me#1
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Johnson;

The resource you may be looking for is here: http://www.coldwarveterans.com/.
Robersabel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Cold War Veteran would like to join American Legion Reply with quote

Thank you for the reference. Been there...done that.

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: