SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Joke] Captain manly man's man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: [Joke] Captain manly man's man Reply with quote

It's an old one, but perhaps some of our younger readers....

Captain Manly is at the helm of his swiftboat. He was a manly man's man, who showed no fear when facing his enemies. One Christmas day, while sailing the canals of Cambodia, his lookout spotted a VC rowboat approaching, and the crew became frantic. Captain Manly bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt!" The first mate quickly retrieved the captain's red shirt, and while wearing the brightly colored frock, the Captain led his crew into battle and defeated the VC. That evening, all the men sat around on the deck recounting the day's triumph. One of them asked the Captain, "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before battle?" The captain replied, "If I were to be wounded in the attack, the shirt would not show my blood. Thus, you men would continue to fight, unafraid." All of the men sat and marveled at the courage of such a manly man's man.

As dawn came the next morning, the lookout spotted not one, not two, but TEN VC ships approaching. The crew stared in worshipful silence at the captain and waited for his usual orders. Captain Manly gazed with steely eyes upon the vast armada arrayed against his ship, and without fear, turned and calmly shouted, "Get me my brown pants!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: