SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FactCheck.org

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WallaceNails
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: FactCheck.org Reply with quote

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=231

Here is their latest spin on the story. It sure seems like they are trying to paint the SwiftVetsForTruth as a GOP attack group. It also seems like they dont have all the "Facts".

Lets look the References they used:

We have 3 stories from Kranish at the "Boston Globe". (Pro-Kerry writer)
-One from the New York Times (Admittedly Biased towards Liberals and Liberal causes)
-One story that talks about McCain (As if his reaction has any merits in this story)
-An OP Ed from Rassmussen (A guy who backs Kerry's side of the story)
-The Pro-Kerry Book "Tour of Duty"

ONE SIDED REFERENCES!

Where is the Book. "Unfit for Command"?
Where are the OP Eds and Press releases from SwiftVetsforTruth.com?

This guy needs to do some more homework.

Somebody should set this FactCheck group straight. Alot of people go to these so-called "Urban Legend" websites to see if stuff is "True".

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by WallaceNails on Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not surprising. Snopes makes the same errors; quoting Kerry friendly sources to "refute" charges made against him.
nitasch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical tactics of the liberal media.

What more could you expect from Kerry and his crowd, apparently they are planning character attacks on the SBVs via credit reports, divorce records etc.

Instead of facing the truth, or should I say, his lack of truth, answer to the allegations against him, defend what he has stated in the past..... they will revert to personal slander and attacks on the people behind SBVT.. pathetic, but what more can you expect. Consider the source. Mad

Last edited by nitasch on Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
84rules
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found something interesting there. FactCheck.org references the book "Tour of Duty" thusly:

Quote:
Another major discrepancy raises a question of how close Kerry's accusers actually were to the rescue of Rassmann. Tour of Duty describes Rassmann's rescue (and the sniper fire) as happening "several hundred yards back" from where the crippled PCF-3 was lying, not "a few yards away," the distance from which the anti-Kerry veterans claim to have witnessed the incident.

But in Rassmann's own words from his WSJ column he writes:

Quote:

While returning from a SEA LORDS operation along the Bay Hap River, a mine detonated under another swift boat. Machine-gun fire erupted from both banks of the river, and a second explosion followed moments later. The second blast blew me off John's swift boat, PCF-94, throwing me into the river. Fearing that the other boats would run me over, I swam to the bottom of the river and stayed there as long as I could hold my breath.

Now, if Rassmann, on board PCF-94, were "several hundred yards away," why would he have been worried about the other boats running him over? Where exactly was the epicenter of the second explosion?

Exactly where was PCF-94 when PCF-3 was disabled? Where was PCF-4 at the time? The Bronze Star citation states that there were five boats in volved. What were the locations of each boat when PCF-3 was disabled?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: