SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al-Jazeera Coming to America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Al-Jazeera Coming to America Reply with quote

well this is just great - let's make it easier than ever for the sympathizers in the west to get their message.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/7/18/95308.shtml

Quote:

Monday, July 18, 2005 9:51 a.m. EDT
Al-Jazeera Coming to America

The pro-terrorist Al-Jazeera International will debut early next year as a 24-hour English-language news network headquartered in the Middle East.

And efforts to bring the network to the U.S. have been "very interesting and extremely encouraging," according to Commercial Director Lindsey Oliver.

At launch the network will have a staff of "hundreds," said Oliver, a former director of CNBC Europe.
The advertising-supported network will operate out of four broadcast centers – Washington, London, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia - and Doha, Qatar, its headquarters.

The international version of Al-Jazeera, which has been accused by Washington of having an anti-American, pro-terrorist bias, will launch on schedule "regardless of its subscriber count," according to the publication Broadcasting & Cable.

On the network’s schedule, the first half of each hour will be devoted to hard news, and the second will largely feature talk shows and documentaries.

The managing director of the network will be Nigel Parsons, a 30-year media veteran formerly with Associated Press Television News, and Yemen-born CNN veteran Riz Khan will host a live interview show.

The network is funded by the Emir of Qatar, who launched the Arab-language Al-Jazeera in 1996.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things that make you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's advantageous to have them close by for our own intelligence gathering, but this doesn't make me feel any safer.
oh - and I can't wait to see who these advertisers will be!

Quote:
The advertising-supported network will operate out of four broadcast centers – Washington, London, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia - and Doha, Qatar, its headquarters
C-130 Son
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this be on my satellite service, or will I have the opportunity to not support this terrorist organization?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-130 Son wrote:
Will this be on my satellite service, or will I have the opportunity to not support this terrorist organization?

good question!
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-130 Son wrote:

You can be sure of the ability to boycott its advertisers early and often...

Deuce
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Tell you the thruth it sounds very much like one of our plain old Main stream media stations.

Probably a step above Air America.

I don't think they would fire gunshots at the President on the air?

can't be worse then one of Al Franken's routines. or more disrespectfull.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: