SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soldier's family hit by arsonists a day after his funeral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Soldier's family hit by arsonists a day after his funeral Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad I saw this on FR

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1451017/posts

Quote:
Soldier's family hit by arsonists a day after his funeral
Akron Beacon Journal | Jul. 26, 2005
Posted on 07/26/2005 1:26:42 PM PDT by Between the Lines

FAIRFIELD, Ohio - Authorities have offered a $5,000 reward to help solve the vandalism of a car and American flags at the home of relatives of a soldier who died from wounds suffered in Iraq.

The day after the funeral of Army Pfc. Tim Hines, vandals pulled the flags out of the family's yard, stuffed them under a car in the driveway and set the whole thing on fire.

No arrests had been made as of Monday night.

"We are hoping that anyone stupid enough to do something like this will be stupid enough to talk about it and someone else will come forward," said Lt. Ken Colburn, a Fairfield police spokesman.

The car belonged to the sister-in-law of Hines, who died July 14 of complications from injuries he suffered last month in a roadside bombing in Baghdad. His funeral was Friday.

Early Saturday morning, the family heard a car horn and saw that Hines' sister-in-law's Saturn was on fire. Firefighters doused the blaze and no one was injured, but the car was destroyed.

Fairfield is in Butler County, 13 miles north of Cincinnati.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the "give peace a chance" crowd strikes again.

I can't print what I think about such things, and I'll bet I'm in a good company. (a LOT of good company!)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ,
You're right, you are in good company. I believe that I am thinking the same as you. You're right it is unprintable.
Jack
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is the Choir, and we are all in harmony on this one.

Quote:
"We are hoping that anyone stupid enough to do something like this will be stupid enough to talk about it and someone else will come forward," said Lt. Ken Colburn, a Fairfield police spokesman.

I think the investigators are correct and 5K is probably more then enough for some low life acquaintance to blow the whistle on the larger low life.

I wouldn't be surprised if this creep didn't afterwards find the nearest computer and posted their evil deeds on their favorite board. Perhaps I will spend some time with google and see what's out their.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the give peace a chance, we support the troops, but not the war crowd is busy following the examples set by the likes of Hanoi Jane, John "F"in sKerry, Tom Hayden, Ramsey Clark and the rest of that ilk from 30 years ago.

30 years from now, our grandchildren will be told this also did not happen, by the remanants of the looney left.

The looney left is doing real good lately towards our fallen heroes and their families. Vadalize property, crash a funeral and give an anti-war speech, what next?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: