SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

College Campus Protest
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: College Campus Protest Reply with quote

a couple of you have seen the links to how crazy i'll get during a protest...

anyway, i'm going to visit the friends I left behind when I graduated early...some of whom you guys have also seen in the links.

well, we feel like doing something to help the cause, so ideas on what to do would be much appreciated...

I was thinking a posterboard setup, a couple signs perhaps, but something for shock value as well.

the conservative newspaper and ROTC are all over this so we'll have some manpower, but still not a whole ton
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO IT!!

We need some local action and street demonstrations for Swift Vets, especially at Kerry events. Maybe you College guys will lead the way here. Take photos, etc. so you can inspire others. If the ROTC guys are backing Swift Vets that is great. Maybe your buddies can get a list of emails for a few people at units nationwide and communicate with them --- as long as it middie to middie or cadet to cadet on their personnal e-mail. Not through official channels.

Put sound bites of Kerry's lies on protest signs and whip up a flier with a list of his lies. (Please PM me a draft of any flier you do - am working on getting one too.) Be sure to put www.swiftvets.com on your signs too - and on any literature. Contact the College Republicans. They may help you.

Don't get crazy and make yourself and Swift Vets look bad. Just be enthusiastic and gutsy. Tell the truth and keep your dignity.

Dwight
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/pme8/review.html

for peeps that haven't seen what we've gotten up to.

I"m Nick, the angry indian dude.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,

That was HILARIOUS! I was laughing out loud.
dansch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indianbaboon, my hat is off to you.

You da bomb. (sorry, had to!)
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding stuff. I get it. Perfect for a college campus, but everybody will get it. You guys could mock the hell out of Kerry and his protectors.

You get a tall skinny kid, dress him in some kind of uniform, give him a wooden sword and have him prance around making pompous, phony heroic speeches, lording it over his underlings, etc. and you have got Kerry down.

Have your Kerry be "playing" to a camera, acting and directing his own movie, just like Kerry did in Nam.

"I am the new JFK, bow down to your war hero president to be. But, But I will never use my heroism or ANY of this video for political advantage"

Ouch, ouch! I just scratched myself on a nail on that hootch. Boys, boys burn the village down now. We must go see the doctor right away, I have another purple heart coming. Dell, come look at my wound. You are my witness. I am wounded in battle again. See all this blood" Squeezing arm like mad.

Have Kerry and crew pretend to torch the village. Then walk back to the water and pull their cardboard boat or boats up to their waist. (thanks You gotta be kidding) Kerry stands up on one toe, twirls the sword around and shrieks "all engines ahead full - 25 knots". Then he speaks some prissy stuff in FRENCH. His crew rolls their eyes, hanging and shaking their heads and a couple do the finger down the throat, hiding from Kerry. They start to run off but the boat goes "droopy drawers" on him and he trips on it. He stands back up rubbing his nose and says. "Look I am wounded again - another purple heart - I am such a hero. With all these medals and my wonderful heroic movie--- and a rich wife, I will surely be president."

And they run off again.

Just do it. Could you guys get to a Kerry event and do a skit? Mock the pompous ass. He will crumble.

Dwight

Last edited by Dwight Callaway on Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight,

I think the ersatz Kerry should have a large cardboard boat around his waist...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

You guys are too much - great page, Indianbaboon! I've posted it elsewhere and the comments are nice.

There's hope for this country with committed young people like you in it!
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't organize it...thank COrnell Review for that. started by Ann Coulter when she went to that awful liberal haven...

i relaly love the idea of that Kerry skit.

I'm thinking bout stealin rbshirley's page on serving with for fliers and blowing up unfit for command thingies.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idea to include in the skit above. You could have two or more of his crew with FLIP-FLOPS. These guys are the ENGINES of the boat. Kerry yells "start port engine" and one guy starts banging his flip-flops and hollering flip-flop, flip-flop, flip-flop. Same with starboard engine. But they are so loud that Kerry can't be heard so you do a bit with Kerry trying to get the "engines" under control or quieted down. It is obvious that the "engines" do not respect the skipper, are rebellious and think that flip-flopping loudly is what Kerry should get. You can milk the back and forth between the haughty Kerry and the disrepectful, mocking - but fawning crew/engines. This would painfully reflect reality.

You could also have a couple of Viet cong in the skit which get shot and Kerry orders his men to "go get their flip-flops -- I'm going to be needing a LOT of flip-flops"

Now with a gag like this, you could have about 6 guys -Kerry and crew come flip-flopping down the street right up to some democratic event or any kind of event with a lot of people. TV cameras even better. Parking lot at your home football games. Registration for classes, etc. Kerry with the sword, etc. and everybody is going to instantly get it. You could do a hit and run "happening" anywhere. Have friends photograph and video you. Put it on the internet. This will resonate! This will be imitated. You could get on national TV with this, easily.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwight,

This is hilarious, but Kerry needs a toy (cardboard) gun, not a sword, to make it realistic.

Maybe throw in some fake grenades covered with rice...
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indianbaboon wrote:
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/pme8/review.html

for peeps that haven't seen what we've gotten up to.

I"m Nick, the angry indian dude.

are you familiar with www.protestwarrior.com ?

My new sign idea is "Kerry do another 180."
SIGN ONE!

I also like "RE-INSTATE THE DRAFT!! VOTE KERRY"
Upwards of 65% of the population are agianst it, especially on college campses. Laughing
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm bout to send out to the list serve tonight to see who's gonna help out with this

the guantanamo bay protest was their first tiem doing anything like htat and they loved it.

Me? i've always been crazy, so we're prolly gonna ramp it up and GO NUTS>

we're recruiting for the paper, so we might as well be noticed. no such thing as bad publicity

i'll update in a bit on how many volunteers we got.

but I LOVE the skit idea
all sign ideas welcome

Also, a stack of 180 forms, they sign, we send
prolly a poster or three with info on swiftboats.

We'll make a national review headline again, or i'll have to commit hari kari
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the skit or skits you can give Kerry a gun, grenades with fireworks in them (that he wounds himself with – in the butt)

I like the sword idea because it makes him look more ridiculous sillier, funnier. Do it all and have ALL KINDS OF GAGS YOU CAN RUN. Try different stuff and see what gets the most laughs

This thing will be so funny you could roll right in to a bunch of college democrats and I BET you will crack them up more than you piss them off. Everybody is going to get it.

Here are all the ideas I can think of right now for routines and gags. You could have the crew rehearse all of them and then have a signal to switch to a new bit and just sort of keep it interesting.

On the flip-flop “engines” You can get a lot of laughs out of Kerry trying to quiet them down.

“Port engine not so loud, I can’t hear my wonderful, melodious commanding voice!
Port engine gets louder, scowls, turns away, finger down throat, instigates Starboard engine to get louder.

The point you want to communicate is that the men who are the engines really despise him and think he is a flip-flopper.

Before you wear it out, you have Kerry say. “Port Engine I’ll put you in for a medal if you will quiet down a little”. Port engine smiles like a naughty child and complies” Controlled but corrupted by his master. Just like reality.

Have Kerry wearing medals and be constantly looking at them, polishing them up, puffing out his chest. Telling everybody he has them. Hollering at the VC that he has medals for bravery and they are in trouble.

Except when the VC shoot back Kerry drops his rifle and screams for the gunners to save him.

Have Kerry always be saying “Did I tell you that I was in Viet Nam … I mean I AM in Vietnam.
Crew makes faces, rolls eyes “YES SIR, MR. KERRY , you told us

You could do lot’s of different stuff with Kerry being “NUANCED” (indecisive) about where they are on the chart, where to go next, what speed to use, whether to shoot or to wait.

The crew gets fed up and screams. “Make up your mind sir, this is a war, what do you want to do”.
And Kerry goes right back into “ Well I could ___________, but maybe it would be little bit better (holds fingers up almost touching) to do ____________

SIGNS:

“MEDALS WON THIS WEEK” with little medals stuck to it. Kerry pulls it out, holds it up and shows the crowd, points to it and scolds the crew. I need more medals today, boys. You have to do better.

When the crew gets disgusted with him they could yell “Le Gigolo de Catsup”.
Kerry wheels around and says “what did you say”
Crew: “Nothing Sir, Just practicing our French”
Kerry: suspiciously or cluelessly “ Oh, Okay, French is Good, We all need to be more MORE FRENCH, and then he pedantically says the same thing in French”

Have Kerry yelling at the VC – but in French and then pedantically and pompously telling his crew how sensitive and inclusive he is.

You can have Kerry be asking anyone who annoys him “Do you know who I am?!”
Noisy engines, VC, senior officers, disgusted crew members. (just like in real life)

Have fun.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below are some links and information about College Republicans and their activities to ridicule and lampoon Kerry

http://www.crnc.org/default1.asp college repub. Main page

1100 chapters and 120,000 members. Tons of websites

just google for college republicans

College republicans mocking Kerry urls below

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/7/292004f.asp

http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=2107116

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200407\POL20040727a.html

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1090879820727&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: