SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sCam sKerry considers run for office.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: sCam sKerry considers run for office. Reply with quote

From Newsmax: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

John Kerry's Brother Eying Run

Don't look now but there could be another Kerry running for office - John Kerry's brother Cameron, who was once arrested for a Watergate-like break-in.

Cameron, the 54-year-old younger brother and close political adviser to Sen. Kerry, is laying the groundwork to run for the 2006 Democratic nomination for secretary of state in Massachusetts.

Kerry has met with Secretary of State William F. Galvin to inform him of his plans, but told him he would seek the nomination only if Galvin decides to leave office and run for governor, a move he is seriously considering, the Boston Globe reports.

Kerry, a Boston lawyer, told the Globe he is setting up an official political account to collect donations and has put together a team including several of his brother's top presidential fund-raisers.

"I need to get a head start to level the playing field," he said. "I am not an incumbent with a war chest built up over the years. I want to be ready."

Asked if his brother would endorse him, he told a reporter: "John will be helpful and be as nice to me as I have been nice to him," but added: "I need to get started on my own."

Sen. Kerry told the Globe: "I'm 100 percent supportive of whatever he decides to do. I know he has the tenacity and passion to fight for the issues he cares about so deeply."

Cameron Kerry, a Harvard graduate, converted from Catholicism to Judaism 20 years ago and is now a partner in a Boston law firm, focusing on civil litigation, environmental issues and communications regulations. Kerry's paternal grandfather was Jewish and had converted to Catholicism when he arrived as a immigrant to Boston.

Cameron first got involved in a political campaign in 1972, when his brother ran for a congressional seat - and became embroiled in an embarrassing Watergate-like incident.

Cameron Kerry and another campaign worker were arrested for "breaking into the headquarters of a Kerry opponent," the New York Times reported at the time.

The two men were charged with breaking into the basement of the building housing the campaign headquarters of both Kerry and his opponent.

John Kerry characterized the break-in as a preemptive strike and told the Times the two men had received an anonymous telephone threat that the telephones lines at his headquarters, which were located in the basement, were to be sabotaged.

Funny, didn't some of the Nixon plumbers operation offer the same sort of excuse about their burglary of the DNC headquarters at the Watergate?

Kerry's plumbers pleaded not guilty to charges of "breaking and entering with the intent to commit grand larceny." A year later the charges were dropped.

John Kerry won the primary but lost the general election.

Said the would-be secretary of state about the "Watergate" incident: "When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible." Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Too bad the press didn't buy that one from Nixon and friends.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Said the would-be secretary of state about the "Watergate" incident: "When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible."

Too bad the press didn't buy that one from Nixon and friends.
irony eh...

see duplicate topic here
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: