SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Bush promotes the teaching of a higher authority

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: President Bush promotes the teaching of a higher authority Reply with quote

http://ydr.com/story/doverbiology/79605/

This will most certainly ruffle the already ruffled feathers of the the elites that like to think that they are the final authority over all of us underlings. And for President Bush to introduce the ideal to our children that they might have been planned by a intellegent designer that holds them accountable triangulates the elites proclamation of being the final authority.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too any of those that its not a thought process=grow up
Too any that dont like that= get bent!
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the debate begin. Krauthammer weighs in on the intelligent design debate. I typically agree with the majority of what Krauthammer has to say, but not this time.

http://www.time.com/time/columnist/krauthammer/article/0,9565,1088869,00.html

Those who believe the intelligent designer who created us has missions for us to accomplish during our lives here on earth. Thus we have a responsibility to seek out the missions assigned to us and carry them out.

Those who believe that we evolved from minor specious into the human race believe the human race is the top of the specious chain here on earth responsible to no other higher authority. And we should pursue all that we see fit to pursue for our selves.

It is my opinion that human beings subscribe to one of these to philosophies. There is either a creator we are responsible to keep the laws he or she has set up. Or we evolved and thus we are only responsible to ourselves and the laws that are authored by man.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I was a young man , I always believed Religion and Science were not mutually exclusive.

I wish the concepts presented in following links were more accepted by 'our current great thinkers':

http://info.bahai.org/article-1-5-3-1.html
http://info.bahai.org/article-1-3-2-18.html

I don't think you need to join the Religion to see the wisdom of the philosophy. (I did, though, 23 years ago, precisely because of this issue)

Bottom line: Bush is correct ... all the theories on this need to be taught ... not just one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: